• 151(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-08-14, 16:50)Levi59 Wrote: Hi !

I do not know since when, but I can not watch youtube video from the addon. I can connect using the two codes on the youtube/activate thing and I can go to my subscription but nothing happens when I click on a video.

Here my log but i don't see anything...
http://pastebin.com/q4VxURPQ

It's the last version (5.1.7)

Still the same for me... inusable in current state
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
Getting this log message when trying to play certain music videos. Suspect some change to YouTube website has borked plugin:

Code:
09:26:45 T:1516217376   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'title'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 363, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 17, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube-master/resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 85, in get_video_streams
                                                video_stream['title'], video_stream['container'], video_stream['video']['encoding'],
                                            KeyError: 'title'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:26:45 T:1956827136   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------p

Does anyone have a workaround? I was thinking of just modifying the code to ignore a missing "title" attribute for now until an update is released. Don't know if other keys are missing.
Yah i got that error too. It seems to be the videos dealing with Authentic Music Videos. Just to see it isn't some weird encoded video i did this check. I got this error specifically with 2 A-ha videos and 1 Kaskade Video (his latest one). Yes i have weird tastes Wink (I apologize if this is not the right output for the following text.)

Code:
jdf@Yosemite ~]$ youtube-dl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg
[youtube] a3ir9HC9vYg: Downloading webpage
[youtube] a3ir9HC9vYg: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] a3ir9HC9vYg: Extracting video information
[youtube] a3ir9HC9vYg: Downloading DASH manifest
[download] Destination: a-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV-a3ir9HC9vYg.f135.mp4
[download] 100% of 22.69MiB in 00:02
[download] Destination: a-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV-a3ir9HC9vYg.f141.m4a
[download] 100% of 8.49MiB in 00:00
[ffmpeg] Merging formats into "a-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV-a3ir9HC9vYg.mp4"
Deleting original file a-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV-a3ir9HC9vYg.f135.mp4 (pass -k to keep)
Deleting original file a-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV-a3ir9HC9vYg.f141.m4a (pass -k to keep)
[jdf@Yosemite ~]$

I don't know what the differences but i'm glad it's just not me.

Thanks
Jeff
OK for anyone with this problem. It seems certain new streams in VEVO or YouTube Music are causing problems. A quick hack is to replace function get_video_streams in "plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py" with THIS:

Code:
def get_video_streams(self, context, video_id):
    video_info = VideoInfo(context, access_token=self._access_token, language=self._language)

video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)

# update title
    for video_stream in video_streams:
        if 'title' not in video_stream:
            continue # bad stream
        title = '[B]%s[/B] (%s;%s / %s@%d)' % (
            video_stream['title'], video_stream['container'], video_stream['video']['encoding'],
            video_stream['audio']['encoding'], video_stream['audio']['bitrate'])
        video_stream['title'] = title
        pass
    return video_streams

All I have added is a line to skip over video streams without a title. Still seems to find 720p streams fine. Not sure what these do and would wait for an addon dev to fix the plugin to prevent the selection of these in the first place but if you need a quick fix this seems to work for me. Great as I have some friends visiting who love using the Raspberry Pi with YouTube. Makes for a great "smart TV"!

Remember to keep the code indented properly as it is Python.
sometimes VIM can be such a pain in my arse (who has 8 spaces for a tab). It works like a champ Smile Thanks for the quick fix!
(2015-08-22, 11:27)jdf76 Wrote: sometimes VIM can be such a pain in my arse (who has 8 spaces for a tab). It works like a champ Smile Thanks for the quick fix!

everyone knows emacs is better though Wink
I used nano which uses 8 spaces for a tab too, since OSMC doesn't expose an Xorg to run a text editor.
Pain in the arse trying to write larger code...
I try to look into the errors tonight. But first I'll enjoy the sunny weather with my fiancee Wink
(2015-08-22, 11:05)tom66 Wrote: OK for anyone with this problem. It seems certain new streams in VEVO or YouTube Music are causing problems. A quick hack is to replace function get_video_streams in "plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client/youtube.py" with THIS:

Code:
def get_video_streams(self, context, video_id):
    video_info = VideoInfo(context, access_token=self._access_token, language=self._language)

video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)

# update title
    for video_stream in video_streams:
        if 'title' not in video_stream:
            continue # bad stream
        title = '[B]%s[/B] (%s;%s / %s@%d)' % (
            video_stream['audio']['encoding'], video_stream['audio']['bitrate'])
        video_stream['title'] = title
        pass
    return video_streams

All I have added is a line to skip over video streams without a title. Still seems to find 720p streams fine. Not sure what these do and would wait for an addon dev to fix the plugin to prevent the selection of these in the first place but if you need a quick fix this seems to work for me. Great as I have some friends visiting who love using the Raspberry Pi with YouTube. Makes for a great "smart TV"!

Remember to keep the code indented properly as it is Python.

Tested the 2 lines you added and works with VEVO videos.
Should work in the next update. Thanks for the hint. These VEVO videos are using some old discontinued ITAG13 (3gp video format). Now I try to optimize the quota a bit Smile
I just pushed a beta version (via my repo)...if everything works I will publish the final 5.1.8 on Monday.

Version 5.1.8~beta1 (2015-08-22)
[upd] new quota shaping
[fix] playback of VEVO videos - some videos still using discontinued ITAG13
[fix] show login, when an endpoint is called, which requires permissions.
(2015-08-22, 20:06)bromix Wrote: I just pushed a beta version (via my repo)...if everything works I will publish the final 5.1.8 on Monday.

Version 5.1.8~beta1 (2015-08-22)
[upd] new quota shaping
[fix] playback of VEVO videos - some videos still using discontinued ITAG13
[fix] show login, when an endpoint is called, which requires permissions.

The update seems to have fixed music videos, played several including a few Vevo videos and they play now. Thanks for the quick fix.
Hi,
i tried to update to newest plugin.video.youtube-5.1.8~beta2.zip, but I always get error playing youtube videos, I cannot event launch them, mostly on 3rd try i get some error window, I did sign out, sign in and still cannot play them...

here is my log with 5.1.7 version:
http://paste.linuxmint.com/view/qnoe

And here is after update to 5.1.8:
http://paste.linuxmint.com/view/ti47

Can anybody look at that?
(2015-08-23, 10:23)terxw Wrote: Hi,
i tried to update to newest plugin.video.youtube-5.1.8~beta2.zip, but I always get error playing youtube videos, I cannot event launch them, mostly on 3rd try i get some error window, I did sign out, sign in and still cannot play them...

here is my log with 5.1.7 version:
http://paste.linuxmint.com/view/qnoe

And here is after update to 5.1.8:
http://paste.linuxmint.com/view/ti47

Can anybody look at that?

Please full Debug log (wiki) and if possible via pastebin.com or similar.

If something plays mostly on the 3rd time, maybe trouble with the Internet?
Hello there,

Am very new to Kodi but trying to find my way around it all. I have a ATV1 with Isengard on it.
I have installed the Youtube plugin which I did without an issue, and it has added my playlists ok.

The only issue I have is when trying to play the playlist, I have to play each video separately, and have no idea how to play the whole playlist one after the other.

Any assistance appreciated, as finding it frustrating having to use the apple remote to scroll down and play the next item :-(

Kind regards
Cheryl
Can a notification be added when adding subscriptions? I would like it if I saw a message along the lines of "Subscription Added" so I know it went through.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20