• 60(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
I have a MKV RIP (no reencoding) of a Blu-Ray which is has VC-1 video1080p25 and DTS-HD HRA 5.1 audio tracks.
This video is playing fine on my RPi1 (256MB RAM) but not at my RPi2.
I try both OMXPlayer and MMAL. Both playing fine with the RPi1 but at the RPi2 both has the same issue.
There is always green pixel salad at the RPi2. The sound is ok but not the video.

I test this with OpenELEC 5.0.8 and a lot of releases between the stable and latest build of Kodi 15.1 and Kodi 16 stream.
Is this a known problem?

Greetings
Are Pi1 and Pi2 running the same firmware (run "vcgencmd version" to confirm) when Pi1 is working and Pi2 is not working?
Is the Pi2 overclocked?
Is the VC-1 file interlaced?
Yes, both runs now the same firmware version from 20.08.2015 and both has VC-1 codec license enabled.
The VC-1 file seem to be progressive "yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9] fr: 25.000"

There is now overclocking for RPi2 and smooth overclocked for RPi1
So with same firmware and overclocking disabled, Pi1 is okay and Pi2 is corrupt?
The GPU is the same on Pi1 and Pi2 so that would be a little surprising.

Do you know someone with a Pi2 you could borrow to test (with your power supply/sdcard etc)?
If not can you provide a sample file (e.g. cut a 1 minute sample with mmg from mkvtoolnix.

There is an outstanding bug with VC-1, but that affected interlaced and I'd expect it to affect all Pi1 and Pi2's,
so I'm not sure if your issue is the same.
This is really strange I know nd thats make me confused too.

I think I'm able to ask someone with a RPi2 for test this but it could take some time. I created a smal cut of the MKV (10s, 35MB size) how can I provide this for you?
Upload to Dropbox and I will test it when I get home.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
OK, thanks a lot in advance

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cws7xi0rzmiggk...e.mkv?dl=0
(2015-08-24, 22:14)herrmeier01 Wrote: OK, thanks a lot in advance

Okay, I get a corrupt video with this file (on a Pi2), so it's not your Pi2 that's at fault.
I don't really understand why the Pi1 is working - perhaps it's just a timing thing, or uninitialised memory that the Pi1 gets lucky on.

Anyway - I'll add it to the list of files for our codec expert to look into.
popcornmix thanks you very much for your help and all the work you are doing for the project.

Yes, it's not big problem for me because it's the only file of my collection which will not work. But it's so strange it will work at the RPi1 ;-)
I think its someting I should report for help other peoples

Yes, that's a mess on my RPi2 running Openelec 0823 lots of green blocks and corruption. It plays fine on the PC with VLC.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-24, 00:35)Milhouse Wrote: @Leopold - are you still experiencing libnfs-related crashes with recent builds, or have they stopped now?
Nope, it has not occurred again. The NFS server runs on a Synology NAS which has been updated recently so it may be that that fixed it. Who knows, but currently my setup appears to be working fine.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-08-24, 15:00)Heiko123 Wrote: Hello Milhouse,

can you say, whether an when you implement the "Unofficial add-on repositories" within the GPIO-Libary ?

I would like write my python-script within GPIO-Access on this openelec plattform.

Thanks
Heiko

The content of the add-on repositories is maintained by the OpenELEC team - if you want the GPIO-Library added then you'll need to petition them, it's not something I can or will be adding. Have you considered this suggestion as a possible solution?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-24, 22:26)herrmeier01 Wrote: popcornmix thanks you very much for your help and all the work you are doing for the project.

Yes, it's not big problem for me because it's the only file of my collection which will not work. But it's so strange it will work at the RPi1 ;-)

There are some corrupt VC-1 samples in the the other thread.
I am a little curious if your Pi1 plays those with or without corruption.
(2015-08-24, 22:57)afremont Wrote:

Yes, that's a mess on my RPi2 running Openelec 0823 lots of green blocks and corruption. It plays fine on the PC with VLC.

Thank you afremont for verify this. Good luck it's not my Pi only
(2015-08-24, 23:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 22:26)herrmeier01 Wrote: popcornmix thanks you very much for your help and all the work you are doing for the project.

There are some corrupt VC-1 samples in the the other thread.
I am a little curious if your Pi1 plays those with or without corruption.

I did an aditional test with an other Rpi1 512MB and at this Pi the VC-1 isn't running too
So, my conclusion:

Rpi1 (first generation 256MB) working just fine
Rpi1 (2nd generation 512MB) not working (same SD-Card as above)
Rpi2 (same build/firmware) not working

Strange, very strange...
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10