• 6(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Isengard nearly final)
I've been testing Kodi on RPi2 for quite a while but have previously been affected by stuttering which has stopped me from using it as my main HTPC (current is AMD based) for my projector. Main reason for moving is the 3D MVC support. Thankfully this latest version appears to have resolved those issues, and perhaps these settings also helped:
h264_freq=300
force_turbo=1
(no other overclocking)

But I have to use the "Adjust PLL" along with the "Sync playback to display" to get it smooth (along with "adjust rate to match video" of course). Otherwise I get regular stuttering - never had a problem with my AMD Kodi devices. Anyway "Adjust PLL/sync" is working great for me and my Yamaha Amp seems to cope with it.

I've tried a mix of 23.976p, 24p, 1080i50, DVD vob and 3D MVC across NFS and they are all working great! Thanks for this work! I'll need to watch some full movies to see if I see any stuttering issues.
can someone post firmware (#0815c) tar update file?

816B i get allot of streams kicking me out

#815 was great but like to try #815c

here is my log on #816b : http://goo.gl/AZ2SmB
(2015-08-22, 06:33)ari73 Wrote: can someone post firmware (#0815c) tar update file?

816B i get allot of streams kicking me out

#815 was great but like to try #815c

here is my log on #816b : http://goo.gl/AZ2SmB

I don''t think it was the update. http://bostv.dyndns.tv:80/live/Alberto/Alberto/2.ts only connects for a few seconds on every player I've tried (including VLC on linux).
yeah just conducted few more test its a hit and miss with any build sorry to waste your time like this pop
OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.95.4 is this the same build as your last nearly final Popcornmix?

Testing now... still have the empty popup @ startup?
(2015-08-24, 19:09)Warez Wrote: OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.95.4 is this the same build as your last nearly final Popcornmix?
It's not been officially announced, so @sraue may not have finished testing yet, but yes I would expect 5.95.4 to be seen as an update to this build.
It should be pretty much the same set of firmware/kernel/kodi/backports/openelec trees, but 5.95.4 is a little newer.

Give it a test and report here if there's anything that behaves worse in 5.95.4 compared to the build in the first post.

Quote:Testing now... still have the empty popup @ startup?
Yep. That's been in all Isengard and nightly builds. Might be worth opening a trac ticket, although it's pretty harmless.
I'm not sure what it is meant to be - possibly a CEC notification?
Yes the empty popup is cec... if i disable it... it's gone... will test more stuff..
Only thing so far: the empty popup... and if you instal a broken or outdated addon .. you get no script error, but Kodi freeze, and you have to reboot.
(2015-08-25, 09:19)Warez Wrote: and if you instal a broken or outdated addon .. you get no script error, but Kodi freeze, and you have to reboot.

Can you link to a specific add-on that causes this? Ideally not a banned one.
There is now a newer official Isengard beta 4 build which should be used in preference to this build. Head here.
If you spot anything that worked in these builds but not in the official ones then report that here.
(2015-08-25, 11:22)popcornmix Wrote: There is now a newer official Isengard beta 4 build which should be used in preference to this build. Head here.
If you spot anything that worked in these builds but not in the official ones then report that here.

I am using beta 4... i will test som addons from the kodi repo... tonight
(2015-08-25, 10:26)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 09:19)Warez Wrote: and if you instal a broken or outdated addon .. you get no script error, but Kodi freeze, and you have to reboot.

Can you link to a specific add-on that causes this? Ideally not a banned one.
I'm away for the week now but " xbmc plus repo" specifically. Ustvvod was causing the freezing issue for me last night.

I could log via ssh but had to reboot, rather than kill kodi
It's pending an update, and was causing freezing warez described, I assumed it was just temporary issue with the repo.
(2015-08-25, 11:36)invisable Wrote: I'm away for the week now but " xbmc plus repo" specifically. Ustvvod was causing the freezing issue for me last night.

I could log via ssh but had to reboot, rather than kill kodi
It's pending an update, and was causing freezing warez described, I assumed it was just temporary issue with the repo.

Hmmm. With a clean install of OE 5.95.4, I downloaded xbmcplus repo, and installed USTV VoD add-on. Completed fine and I could play a video.
I also installed the other 5 add-ons from that repo and all was fine.

For luck I installed every single add-on from the OpenELEC official and unofficial repos (several dozen addons). Still running fine.

Are you overclocking?
No, I removed it do have Gpu set at 320 (pi2)
It's a shame I'm not around to upload a log.

It only tends to happen when a update is pushed to the/ a repo, your presented with "available updates" message but when you try and update automatically or manually it fails then freezes.

I expect if I were to uninstall, the add-on and repo. then reinstall.
The latest version would be installed and all would be fine.
That's why I assumed it was a issue with github, until Warez posted.
Test OE 5.95.4 last evening and noted this thread this morning.

As far as x265/HEVC videos is concern, playback is not as smooth as last couple of Milhouse builds. I meant there were minor stuttering (pause 0.5 sec or less) and from time to time noticeable audio out of sync (video catches up sooner or later). However, there were no freeze or pixelation as on Milhouse build before #0819. I forgot to check skip or dropped frames info.

I used the same overclocking setting for testing OE 5.95.4 and Milhouse build (Leopold OPENelec RPi config and set overclock at medium), also I set 'Adjust display refresh rate' to 'Off' and disabled 'Sync playback to display'.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Isengard nearly final)2