• 154(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-08-26, 01:10)cdoublejj Wrote: it logs me in and now instead of complaining about the api calls but, i can see my subscriptions or history or watch list.

? you can or can't see the lists? Big Grin
(2015-08-26, 08:36)harlekin Wrote: In 5.1.8 on Android Videos for me started to drop at random points and exit. In the infobox you would see the cache deplete and not being refilled.
Makes no sense, because KODI is responsible for playback and buffer management. The addon only provides an URL to the video stream.

(2015-08-26, 08:36)harlekin Wrote: This happened on several videos, while not being logged in - and was not a connection issue.
Please provide at least a Debug log (wiki) and give me the possibility to help...

(2015-08-26, 08:36)harlekin Wrote: I had to roll back to 5.1.6 (5.1.7 was not in my database), which fixed the issue.
Again, makes so sense, the API keys of 5.1.6 are deactivated with the whole developer account removed. These keys aren't working anymore (at least not for me anymore). Are you sure you're using the official version of YouTube or some patched version? 5.1.6 is more then a month old.

(2015-08-26, 08:36)harlekin Wrote: Please test your builds more thorough in the future, before rolling them out.
All my addons are based on test cases...and python is an interpreter language, so no real build to published from my side. I'm using Android (Galaxy S4) and it's working fine, otherwise I wouldn't update the addon Wink

Again, at least provide a Debug log (wiki) and let someone take a closer look at your system.
(2015-08-26, 09:58)bromix Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 21:04)Levi59 Wrote:
(2015-08-23, 20:03)terxw Wrote: Ok here is debug log as per instructions:

http://pastebin.com/uzTs8zcF

To clarify things, I cannot play any video.
But I observe different behaviours in differrent submenus of the plugin.
In My subscriptions - it doesnt matter how many times i launch the video, I dont get any response from the interface, seldom after 20 or so tries on the same video I get error window popup.
On the other hand In popular videos I get popup windows with text "opening stream" and then error window titled "playback failed" and the error is: "one or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"

I don't tested the popular video thing but it's the same for me with my subscription but seem nobody care...

I already answered that case you're quoted. It's an old version of KODI, he has to update.

I'm on last the last update of Isengard as my signature said. i have the last update of youtube addon (5.1.8) but i can't play video.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2015-08-26, 11:39)Levi59 Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 09:58)bromix Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 21:04)Levi59 Wrote: I don't tested the popular video thing but it's the same for me with my subscription but seem nobody care...

I already answered that case you're quoted. It's an old version of KODI, he has to update.

I'm on last the last update of Isengard as my signature said. i have the last update of youtube addon (5.1.8) but i can't play video.

Can you provide me with a Debug log (wiki) after you tried to play a video. Maybe the log can tell us something.
There is already a debug log from version 5.1.7 with the same problem. I will provide a new one for version 5.1.8 soon.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2086740

Edit : Here the new one.
http://pastebin.com/8Dii0Q1x
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
KODI 19.3
Hello! Some time ago I am having a problem with KODI, more specifically with the Youtube addon. Whenever playing a video does not return you to show me, I remove it from the search results. I've tried with different skins and the problem continues. Thank you very much for your help. Excuse my bad English!

Thank you so much!

Hola! Hace un tiempo estoy teniendo un problema con KODI, más puntualmente con el addon de Youtube. Cada vez que reproduzco un video no me lo vuelve a mostrar, me lo elimina de los resultados de la busqueda. Ya he probado con diversos Skins y sigue el problema. Muchas gracias por su ayuda. Disculpen mi mal ingles!

Muchas Gracias!

Version: Kodi 14.2
Youtube addon: 5.1.8
(2015-08-26, 13:19)Levi59 Wrote: There is already a debug log from version 5.1.7 with the same problem. I will provide a new one for version 5.1.8 soon.

I need a log where you tried to play a video. Now I've only navigation logs Smile
(2015-08-26, 13:51)manu3lm Wrote: Hello! Some time ago I am having a problem with KODI, more specifically with the Youtube addon. Whenever playing a video does not return you to show me, I remove it from the search results. I've tried with different skins and the problem continues. Thank you very much for your help. Excuse my bad English!

Thank you so much!

Hola! Hace un tiempo estoy teniendo un problema con KODI, más puntualmente con el addon de Youtube. Cada vez que reproduzco un video no me lo vuelve a mostrar, me lo elimina de los resultados de la busqueda. Ya he probado con diversos Skins y sigue el problema. Muchas gracias por su ayuda. Disculpen mi mal ingles!

Muchas Gracias!

Version: Kodi 14.2
Youtube addon: 5.1.8

Sad can you provide screenshots or describe the problem in another way? I don't understand anything you're saying Sad
(2015-08-26, 15:53)bromix Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 13:19)Levi59 Wrote: There is already a debug log from version 5.1.7 with the same problem. I will provide a new one for version 5.1.8 soon.

I need a log where you tried to play a video. Now I've only navigation logs Smile

That's the problem. I have tempted to play video from my subscription several time but nothing. if i'm not mistaken, i press the select button a first time on line 979 and i repeat several time after but nothing append.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
(2015-08-26, 16:25)Levi59 Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 15:53)bromix Wrote:

That's the problem. I have tempted to play video from my subscription several time but nothing. if i'm not mistaken, i press the select button a first time on line 979 and i repeat several time after but nothing append.

If so, then there is something wrong with KODI, because the addon gets never called for a playback (plugin.video.youtube/play/video_id=XXXX). This could also mean none of the items is a playable item, which makes no sense, because more people would have this problem.

Are other addons working?
Appreciate the response bromix ...

But I still don't understand. I AM keeping Kodi running, and at the YouTube sign-in screen from where these pop-ups are coming. The exact prompt after hitting the sign in link states "You must enable two applications so that YouTube is functioning properly"

Am I suppose to have a separate browser add-on window open in Kodi? If so, which one? And how would you navigate to that window without cancelling the sign in request? Am I suppose to open YouTube on another device (laptop)? ... am I suppose to enter these codes on two separate devices (laptop and a tablet)? I've attempted to enter these codes, one after another on my laptop, but I just keep getting another and another code.

I realize I must sound thick, but I am not doing the correct things, simply the actions that I have been imprecisely advised to do.

*Edit: I am using Aeon Nox skin if that makes any difference
(2015-08-26, 16:41)Randal039 Wrote: Appreciate the response bromix ...

But I still don't understand. I AM keeping Kodi running, and at the YouTube sign-in screen from where these pop-ups are coming. The exact prompt after hitting the sign in link states "You must enable two applications so that YouTube is functioning properly"

Am I suppose to have a separate browser add-on window open in Kodi? If so, which one? And how would you navigate to that window without cancelling the sign in request? Am I suppose to open YouTube on another device (laptop)? ... am I suppose to enter these codes on two separate devices (laptop and a tablet)? I've attempted to enter these codes, one after another on my laptop, but I just keep getting another and another code.

I realize I must sound thick, but I am not doing the correct things, simply the actions that I have been imprecisely advised to do.

You can use ANY browser...startup your Desktop PC or use a browser on your mobile, notebook, and so on...you just need to be logged in, so you can navigate to youtube.com/activate Wink it's quite simple.
  • run the YouTube addon
  • hit SIGN IN
  • use some browser and navigate to youtube.com/activate
  • enter the first code
  • look again at the running YouTube addon
  • now you should see another code
  • again navigate to youtube.com/activate
  • enter the last code
Thank you again. I see what my problem was ... I was not entering the two codes one right after another in a timely fashion. Seems to be fine now.

Quick other question: Someone I know is having an issue with getting a prompt about having used up a daily quota when using their YouTube Kodi add-on. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times in this 154 page thread, but was wondering if that issue has been resolved?

Thank you so much again with you kind assistance!
(2015-08-26, 17:04)Randal039 Wrote: Thank you again. I see what my problem was ... I was not entering the two codes one right after another in a timely fashion. Seems to be fine now.

Quick other question: Someone I know is having an issue with getting a prompt about having used up a quota when using their YouTube Kodi add-on. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times in this 154 page thread bt was wondering if that issue has been resolved?

Thank you so much again with you kind assistance!

Glad it's working with the addon Smile

I hope the quota issue is gone for now...I made some changes in version 5.1.8 Smile
(2015-08-26, 16:39)bromix Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 16:25)Levi59 Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 15:53)bromix Wrote: I need a log where you tried to play a video. Now I've only navigation logs Smile

If so, then there is something wrong with KODI, because the addon gets never called for a playback (plugin.video.youtube/play/video_id=XXXX). This could also mean none of the items is a playable item, which makes no sense, because more people would have this problem.

Are other addons working?

I don't have much addon and the other seemed to work correctly. But i just tested the radio addon and it don't work ether so it must be related to kodi or to my OS...

I will test reinstall or downgrade.
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
KODI 19.3
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20