• 8(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-08-25, 21:12)Jayz2K Wrote: Thanks Marcel, but I still get the same error for backup.

OK, Now it's really fixed. I have added the Kodi 16 support in all parts of the script now, including in the backup/restore function.
Ok updates:
- my bad about the first item in moviesets, I tried very quickly, and didn't notice that in your script the count start from "0" and not from "1".
- about the Favourites auto start - FIXED.
Many thanks.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-08-26, 15:36)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 21:12)Jayz2K Wrote: Thanks Marcel, but I still get the same error for backup.

OK, Now it's really fixed. I have added the Kodi 16 support in all parts of the script now, including in the backup/restore function.

Thanks Marcel. Confirm working.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Can I make a suggestion concerning the InfoThumb function. On my side it's working really fine but I noticed that when you navigate channels (or whatever), previously downloaded picture is remanent. So you have a few seconds an unmatching picture, time for the new one to be found. I think this is because you keep the picture in memory. Do you think it's possible to add a condition with matching ListItem to prevent this ? Thanks

(2015-08-26, 20:13)Jayz2K Wrote: Can I make a suggestion concerning the InfoThumb function. On my side it's working really fine but I noticed that when you navigate channels (or whatever), previously downloaded picture is remanent. So you have a few seconds an unmatching picture, time for the new one to be found. I think this is because you keep the picture in memory. Do you think it's possible to add a condition with matching ListItem to prevent this ? Thanks

It's the multiimage control doing that... The property (and path) is cleared when you navigate to a new item.

This might be an option::

Hide the multiimage control somewhere in your skin, for example set it to 1x1 pixels outside the screen.
Use a normal image control to display the actual property, you can use the Window Property for that (see readme)

At least that's what I have done to make it work smoothly.

BTW: Yes, images are stored in the cache (persistant). So if you have all items in cache it will be instant.
(2015-08-26, 21:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 20:13)Jayz2K Wrote: Can I make a suggestion concerning the InfoThumb function. On my side it's working really fine but I noticed that when you navigate channels (or whatever), previously downloaded picture is remanent. So you have a few seconds an unmatching picture, time for the new one to be found. I think this is because you keep the picture in memory. Do you think it's possible to add a condition with matching ListItem to prevent this ? Thanks

It's the multiimage control doing that... The property (and path) is cleared when you navigate to a new item.

This might be an option::

Hide the multiimage control somewhere in your skin, for example set it to 1x1 pixels outside the screen.
Use a normal image control to display the actual property, you can use the Window Property for that (see readme)

At least that's what I have done to make it work smoothly.

BTW: Yes, images are stored in the cache (persistant). So if you have all items in cache it will be instant.

Yes, that's right, when all pictures are set, it displays immediatly. Hidden control is a great idea, sometimes I pass through simple things when trying to reach the goal (I tried to show a fallback image over with IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Thumb)), but hey ... it's never empty ... Wink. Thx for the tip

(2015-08-22, 10:43)marcelveldt Wrote: Added on Git, see the updated readme.
Thanks.

(2015-08-22, 10:43)marcelveldt Wrote: Hmmm, I don't think that is really "skin helper" related stuff but correct me if I'm wrong.
If you want it integrated into this script or any other toolbox/helper scripts for Kodi please ask Phil for permission.
I've asked Phil about this. Waiting for answer.

I've read the readme file and i have some questions about some functions of the script.

1. What's the difference between these two...
PHP Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=recommendedmovies&limit=[LIMIT] 
PHP Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(recommendedmovies)] 

and these two...
PHP Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=nextepisodes&limit=[LIMIT] 
PHP Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(recommendedepisodes)] 

2. Is it possible to add a dynamic content for the NextAired episodes from the NextAired script so can we use it as a widget ?.

3. Any chance for something similar and for a weather widget based on the openweathermap script ?

By the way excellent job especially the skinshortcuts integration Wink

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Marcel,

Should this Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.Music.DiscArt) work @ songs level? I get the discart @ albums level, but when I select an album and drop to songs level the artwork is lost in the same view?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-08-27, 15:44)nessus Wrote:
(2015-08-22, 10:43)marcelveldt Wrote: Added on Git, see the updated readme.
Thanks.

(2015-08-22, 10:43)marcelveldt Wrote: Hmmm, I don't think that is really "skin helper" related stuff but correct me if I'm wrong.
If you want it integrated into this script or any other toolbox/helper scripts for Kodi please ask Phil for permission.
I've asked Phil about this. Waiting for answer.

I've read the readme file and i have some questions about some functions of the script.

1. What's the difference between these two...
PHP Code:
PHP Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(recommendedmovies)] 

and these two...
PHP Code:
PHP Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(recommendedepisodes)] 
From a Quick Check, the second one is a little bit faster.
I replaced the "content" tag that fills my Recent Episode Widget, and Its seems that marcel script is a little bit slower.
I'm Reloading the skin, and then focusing the widgets, and it takes few seconds to fill the list, while the library.data.provider fills the episodes right away.
I also didn't success to use the limit function, tried limit=[5] or limit=5 and no success.
And same about the TrackList option, it seems that the info.service by Phil is doing it a little bit faster (no delay for me in Phil script, and few ms delay in marcel script)
(2015-08-27, 15:44)nessus Wrote: 1. What's the difference between these two...
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recommendedmovies&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(recommendedmovies)

and these two...
There's no difference. I wanted to use as less required addons in my skin as possible so I've added a few widget entrypoints to my script to drop libraryprovider. All other stuff I just do with skin provided playlists which is by far the most smooth experience. Only note that I didn't add caching to these entrypoints so the initial load or refresh could be a bit slower than with the (optimized) library provider script. It's up to you which one you prefer.

(2015-08-27, 15:44)nessus Wrote: 2. Is it possible to add a dynamic content for the NextAired episodes from the NextAired script so can we use it as a widget ?.

3. Any chance for something similar and for a weather widget based on the openweathermap script ?

2. I'm not sure if nextaired script does provide any window props or dynamic content ? If so, I can add a widget for it, no problem.

3. I was thinking about doing that but the main problem with this would be the weather fanart and/or icons. If anyone has some magic idea to solve that on a skin-generic way I can add a dynamic-content widget for weather.
(2015-08-27, 19:11)tomer953 Wrote: From a Quick Check, the second one is a little bit faster.
I replaced the "content" tag that fills my Recent Episode Widget, and Its seems that marcel script is a little bit slower.
I'm Reloading the skin, and then focusing the widgets, and it takes few seconds to fill the list, while the library.data.provider fills the episodes right away.
I also didn't success to use the limit function, tried limit=[5] or limit=5 and no success.
And same about the TrackList option, it seems that the info.service by Phil is doing it a little bit faster (no delay for me in Phil script, and few ms delay in marcel script)
That could be true as I didn't add in any caching yet for the dynamic content widgets. Main reason for this is because the only time when you'll really notice this delay is on skin startup. After that stuff is cached in memory and the user won't notice any delay. BTW: If you want no delay at all, use smart playlists. Those are competely without any delay.

If you guys really want to use the entrypoints in the script I can add in the caching, nor problem.
The time load on skin startup is Important, personally I Prefer the cache option.

b.t.w, can you give me in code format what to put to limit recommendedepisodes to "5" items.... i'm trying without success... so I'll try to copy paste from you
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=nextepisodes&limit=5&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]
not working to me (it shows 27 episodes)
(2015-08-27, 22:25)tomer953 Wrote: The time load on skin startup is Important, personally I Prefer the cache option.

b.t.w, can you give me in code format what to put to limit recommendedepisodes to "5" items.... i'm trying without success... so I'll try to copy paste from you
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=nextepisodes&limit=5&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]
not working to me (it shows 27 episodes)

Ok, I'll add the caching. If you could test it when done that would be great. Will also look at the limit parameter. I think it's something I forgot to code somewhere.
(2015-08-27, 22:25)tomer953 Wrote: The time load on skin startup is Important, personally I Prefer the cache option.

b.t.w, can you give me in code format what to put to limit recommendedepisodes to "5" items....

I've added some caching to the widgets. Also fixed the limit argument.
Please test if this works for you
Hi Marcel,

2 issues I'm having

1) Discart seems to not be working @ songs level
2) Traklisting seems to not be working @ albums level when viewing albums for an artist. If I go directly into albums then the tracklisting works correctly and changes for each album but if I select an artist and then albums when I focus on *All albums it displays a tracklist (not sure from which album) and then this stays as the tracklist while navigating through the various albums for the artist.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18