• 42(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-08-27, 14:52)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, like Total Media Theatre or PowerDVD.

I actually own TMT and went to re-download it only to find that they discontinued it. Is it still a good option for an external player for mvc's or should I try something else? I'd like to start experimenting with this.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Also, you guys suggesting himedia and rpi are suggesting hardware. I am looking for a software solution to play them on my existing system. I really wish they would do it natively in Kodi but I understand the challenges with that.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-08-28, 01:58)patseguin Wrote: Also, you guys suggesting himedia and rpi are suggesting hardware. I am looking for a software solution to play them on my existing system. I really wish they would do it natively in Kodi but I understand the challenges with that.

TMT or powerdvd is the way then
(2015-08-26, 21:33)patseguin Wrote: Do you guys notice a big difference in 3D quality between mvc and sbs formats?
yes very much! if you can, try watch pacific rim first scene with rain you see a lot of difference.

(2015-08-28, 10:54)Skank Wrote: TMT or powerdvd is the way then
both not support external subtitle big missing and need 5 minute to setup for playback a movie
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
How do you mean 5 minute setup?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-08-28, 21:31)nickr Wrote: How do you mean 5 minute setup?

- Mount iso in windows
- setup right audio hdmi ,
- sw load image
5 minute
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
Agree, and just doesn't feel like a media player and has little WAF.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-08-28, 21:45)looun Wrote:

- Mount iso in windows
- sw load image
5 minute

How tedious. Makes a one-off makemkv run seem quite simple.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I like my Q5 ,5 seconds playback movie Big Grin
(2015-08-28, 22:40)nickr Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 21:45)looun Wrote:

- Mount iso in windows
- sw load image
5 minute

How tedious. Makes a one-off makemkv run seem quite simple.

Yep - having an integrated MVC player in the Raspberry Pi 2 Kodi builds is a huge benefit. Sure not playing ISOs is a little bit boring, but a quick run through makemkv is a pretty trivial process for the benefit you gain.
Only thing is MVC MKV playback is a niche capability, while ISO has wider support. It's why I'm doing both for now, in case RPi2 doesn't pan out in the future (or Pi3 chip doesn't support MVC), don't want to have to convert or re-rip everything again.
My HT
But, it is possible to convert MVC MKVs back to ISO - quite easily. But I also keep a backup of the ISOs, it is good to backup anyway, this way one is actually forced to do it. ;-)
Reripping all discs would suck...
Quote:Reripping all discs would suck...
Yep... figuring out which playlists and especially forced subs. PITA Smile.
My HT
Another thing, openelec running on intel.cpu and nvidia gpu,would not be able to play 3d frame packed movie like the Pi right? Which basically means that the 30 dollar Pi is better than my 250 dollar gtx 960?? At least when it comes to linux 3d playback.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2015-08-30, 05:22)ars92 Wrote: Another thing, openelec running on intel.cpu and nvidia gpu,would not be able to play 3d frame packed movie like the Pi right? Which basically means that the 30 dollar Pi is better than my 250 dollar gtx 960?? At least when it comes to linux 3d playback.

Yes. None of the x86 Linux platforms support 3D MVC decode (which is required for most 24p 3D Full 1080p resolution content), and I don't think they support Frame Packed output (though that shouldn't be a show stopper, unlike MVC which needs serious work)

Under Windows you can integrate an external player like PowerDVD or TMT (if you have a copy - you can't buy it any more AIUI) if your hardware supports 3D MVC (Core i and above for Intel usually, though some Baytrail Celerons may also do it?)

The Pi 2 really is unique at the moment in supporting 3D MVC decode and Full 1080p 3D Frame Packed output from within Kodi via OpenSource software, and it supports HD Audio via lossless PCM decoding as well.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17