• 14(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-08-23, 02:28)bitterkitten Wrote: I need this skin in my life ASAP!! It's beautiful and I can't wait for the release.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA +1!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to install KOver by the normal way but got a failed to meet dependencies notification so I extracted the zip directly into the addons folder. After a restart, I was able to run it! Steep learning curve (that's usually the sign of a great skin) but it looks amazing. The only issue I've run across is trying to figure out how to display fanart on the homescreen. I love having the ability to create my own custom library views! I don't think my anatomy homework will get done this weekend thanks to this skin Smile If I notice any bugs, I'll post a log file. Thanks!
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
(2015-08-28, 18:48)bitterkitten Wrote: I tried to install KOver by the normal way but got a failed to meet dependencies notification so I extracted the zip directly into the addons folder. After a restart, I was able to run it! Steep learning curve (that's usually the sign of a great skin) but it looks amazing. The only issue I've run across is trying to figure out how to display fanart on the homescreen. I love having the ability to create my own custom library views! I don't think my anatomy homework will get done this weekend thanks to this skin Smile If I notice any bugs, I'll post a log file. Thanks!

Are you sure you installed the latest Jarvis dev build ? This should not happen. Will investigate.

For Home fanart see my reply to Saner some posts above. I will try to get this working ASAP.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-08-28, 18:58)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 18:48)bitterkitten Wrote: I tried to install KOver by the normal way but got a failed to meet dependencies notification so I extracted the zip directly into the addons folder. After a restart, I was able to run it! Steep learning curve (that's usually the sign of a great skin) but it looks amazing. The only issue I've run across is trying to figure out how to display fanart on the homescreen. I love having the ability to create my own custom library views! I don't think my anatomy homework will get done this weekend thanks to this skin Smile If I notice any bugs, I'll post a log file. Thanks!

Are you sure you installed the latest Jarvis dev build ? This should not happen. Will investigate.

For Home fanart see my reply to Saner some posts above. I will try to get this working ASAP.

No, I'm running Isengard still but I'll install Jarvis tonight. And the fanart is no biggie, I understand that you have a "real" job! Thanks for the quick reply.
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
(2015-08-28, 19:26)bitterkitten Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 18:58)Jayz2K Wrote:

No, I'm running Isengard still but I'll install Jarvis tonight. And the fanart is no biggie, I understand that you have a "real" job! Thanks for the quick reply.
Erm yeah, that's what I thought. Don't try using it on isengard or you're going to get real bad experiences like buttons / textboxes not showing and some weird navigation issues.

I've spent the evening playing around with the beta skin and there is only one word for it: Wow.

The time and effort that have gone into creating something that is as customisable as this is incredible, and I tip my hat to you. The only - and I really do mean the ONLY - thing missing are the recent changes to the Skin Shortcuts script (most notably the new - but-not-yet-on-the-repo - widgets and templates stuff (which I'll undoubtedly add myself because this is going to become my households new default skin, and will then PR if that's all right with you).

Other than that, this is not only amazingly customisable but a genuinely usable skin (which isn't a given, when so many aspects can be customised - it would have taken just one element that could have been customised that shouldn't be able to be, and the user would be able to create an unusable skin) that I think this is the most impressible Kodi-related thing I have ever seen.

To sum up, even with the risk of repeating myself: Wow!
(2015-08-29, 00:55)BobCratchett Wrote: I've spent the evening playing around with the beta skin and there is only one word for it: Wow.

The time and effort that have gone into creating something that is as customisable as this is incredible, and I tip my hat to you. The only - and I really do mean the ONLY - thing missing are the recent changes to the Skin Shortcuts script (most notably the new - but-not-yet-on-the-repo - widgets and templates stuff (which I'll undoubtedly add myself because this is going to become my households new default skin, and will then PR if that's all right with you).

Other than that, this is not only amazingly customisable but a genuinely usable skin (which isn't a given, when so many aspects can be customised - it would have taken just one element that could have been customised that shouldn't be able to be, and the user would be able to create an unusable skin) that I think this is the most impressible Kodi-related thing I have ever seen.

To sum up, even with the risk of repeating myself: Wow!

Thanks for taking time to test it and for the kind words.
Glad to hear that you found your way into parameters. I tried to get things easy to use but when you're deep into coding it, you sometimes loose objectivity. I willingly made no wiki to get more reliable feedback.

Concerning Script.SkinShortcuts, I have to admit I didn't get really deep into this. When you start skinning it's not the easiest one to implement but it's a must have. So when I got it work, I finished the other skin parts. I have still some things to do before, but will definitely look at the new features.

Will this skin become availeble for kodi isengard?
It looks amazing!
(2015-08-29, 11:53)clubfilth Wrote: Will this skin become availeble for kodi isengard?
It looks amazing!
Just Tested the latest 15.2RC because I didn't follow the backported features. The most ennoying thing is the autowidth buttons I use so you see them 1 pixel. Other than that (which makes it not really usable) it starts. Rewriting all the buttons to match the text sizes is not really my priority actually, sorry.

Ok thank you. Ill just have to wait till there is a stable jarvis openelec build i guess.
@Saner @bitterkitten : I added Fanart Wallpaper support for Home Widgets when you set it in Designer.

Ohhhhhhhh Thank you.
Amazing Skin!
Congratulations.

Hope you can finish it and include it in the official Kodi repo.
Anyone have any layouts they want to export/share? I have been messing around with the customizer but still getting the hang of things.
(2015-08-30, 18:35)jdoo Wrote: Anyone have any layouts they want to share? I have been messing around with the customizer but still getting the hang of things.
I will try later to upload to git some templates and colorschemes in the extra folder. You will be able to import them from the top right button of the designer. I'll tell when it's done.

• 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18