• 19(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
get the addon from the kodi repo 3.2 , running kodi 14.2 i get processed 0 folders 0.

files are stored locally on a separate drive but it doesn't seem to find the source any ideas?
(2015-08-13, 22:24)regan Wrote: get the addon from the kodi repo 3.2 , running kodi 14.2 i get processed 0 folders 0.

files are stored locally on a separate drive but it doesn't seem to find the source any ideas?

Can you post the mms debug log?
Hi all. Upcoming update. Changes so far:

- Improved performance of scanning, and because of that all dialog popups has been removed. It now acts more like a regular plugin
- Added ability identify missing TV shows (not just episodes)
- Full unicode support
- Will now identify DVD and Bluray folders and ignore all the files that cannot be added to library anyway
- Improved detection of samples, trailers, extras and other false positives

Some features (such as writing to file) has been remove as I fail to see the use case for that. Since this is more or less a rewrite if would appreciate any testing before pushing to repo. Get zip here. Any wishes, feature requests?
Thanks for the good work mate! Disappointed to hear you've removed writing to file though, I find that very useful sometimes...
Hey!
I did a pull request to your repo some time ago with a setting to disable recursive scanning. This would be a nice feature Smile
(2015-09-01, 00:38)doovers Wrote: Thanks for the good work mate! Disappointed to hear you've removed writing to file though, I find that very useful sometimes...
Could add, if I knew the usecase. Wouldn't it be better to have an 'save to file' button or something instead of it 'randomly' writing files when you browse?
(2015-09-01, 10:58)Mettbrot Wrote: Hey!
I did a pull request to your repo some time ago with a setting to disable recursive scanning. This would be a nice feature Smile
"may 2014", some time ago.. That op's repo which hasn't been maintaining it since then, so can do.Smile
Use case? Keep the list and go through the movies one by one fixing the metadata. I don't want to leave it on screen, the family might want to use the TV.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am the dominar of my tv so I wouldn't know..
(2015-09-02, 21:38)takoi Wrote: I am the dominar of my tv so I wouldn't know..
I wasn't aware it had to be your use case. LOL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi,

First off, thanks for making this addon available.

I installed it on Kodi v15.1 from the official repository - giving me version 3.9.9

I did a test scan on Missing TV Shows, and that appears to work OK and highlight the missing shows.

However, when I do the scan for Movies - then it just seems to show me all the movies I have (including those in the library already).

I have enabled debug and had a look, and the only thing it seems to log out is lines like:

Code:
DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] source 'smb://HP-MICROSERVER/Films' identified as movie source
DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] skipping 'A Beautiful Mind (2001)\Extras'. blacklisted directory

Which is understandable as I have VideoExtras installed.

There is no detail why it thinks the Movies it's listing are not already in the library (Which they are).

The movies are on a central server connected to by SMB and the only other thing I can think of is that the movies are all in directories which have the year in brackets in the name.

e.g. A Beautiful Mind (2001)/A.Beautiful.Mind.2001.mkv

Seems like a valid naming format for Kodi, as they are actually scanned in OK.

Any ideas why the addon thinks they are not already in the library?

Thanks

Rob
(2015-09-05, 01:35)nickr Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 21:38)takoi Wrote: I am the dominar of my tv so I wouldn't know..
I wasn't aware it had to be your use case. LOL.
It's a joke Smile

(2015-09-05, 10:42)rob_webset Wrote:
Code:
DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] source 'smb://HP-MICROSERVER/Films' identified as movie source
DEBUG: [plugin.video.mms] skipping 'A Beautiful Mind (2001)\Extras'. blacklisted directory
It looks like a problem with the windows specific paths. I coded that blindly. It shouldn't mix \ with smb:// path. Could you post the rest of the "[plugin.video.mms] source .." lines and dump the output of http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["file"]}}
(2015-08-31, 18:30)takoi Wrote: Hi all. Upcoming update. Changes so far:

- Improved performance of scanning, and because of that all dialog popups has been removed. It now acts more like a regular plugin
- Full unicode support
- Will now identify DVD and Bluray folders and ignore all the files that cannot be added to library anyway

Some features (such as writing to file) has been remove as I fail to see the use case for that. Since this is more or less a rewrite if would appreciate any testing before pushing to repo. Get zip here. Any wishes, feature requests?

Wow its amazing how you have managed to turn one of the best addons for Kodi and have managed to make it completely pointless.

Not only is the file output is gone (Seeing as you can't add to library from the addon it means jumping back and forth between the addon and the file section to manaually add them) but now its listing hundreds of files that it says are missing most of which are in my library.

Seems to be the trend at the moment of making upgrades that destroy things that were great(I've had some iOS and Android apps I use push supposed upgrades in the past week that have removed key features and have broken key features). Haven't people hard of the saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'

Edit Well I managed to revert it and by editing the files to make it seem like a different plugin prevented it from auto updating everytime I launch kodi so atleast I'm back to being able to use it correctly rather than getting hundreds of files that do exist listed. Only problem is I think I'm now on a version thats really old as the file output isnt putting line breaks
(2015-09-05, 12:31)Wakey Wrote: Wow its amazing how you have managed to turn one of the best addons for Kodi and have managed to make it completely pointless.

Not only is the file output is gone (Seeing as you can't add to library from the addon it means jumping back and forth between the addon and the file section to manaually add them) but now its listing hundreds of files that it says are missing most of which are in my library.

Seems to be the trend at the moment of making upgrades that destroy things that were great(I've had some iOS and Android apps I use push supposed upgrades in the past week that have removed key features and have broken key features). Haven't people hard of the saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'
Yeah thanks. Nobody is forcing you to update. You are free to use the old one forever if it works so well for you
(2015-09-05, 12:31)Wakey Wrote:
(2015-08-31, 18:30)takoi Wrote: Hi all. Upcoming update. Changes so far:

- Full unicode support

Wow its amazing how you have managed to turn one of the best addons for Kodi and have managed to make it completely pointless.

Edit Well I managed to revert it and by editing the files to make it seem like a different plugin prevented it from auto updating everytime I launch kodi so atleast I'm back to being able to use it correctly rather than getting hundreds of files that do exist listed. Only problem is I think I'm now on a version thats really old as the file output isnt putting line breaks

Thanks for making an utterly POINTLESS remark. If you don't like it stop using it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-09-05, 13:14)takoi Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 12:31)Wakey Wrote: Wow its amazing how you have managed to turn one of the best addons for Kodi and have managed to make it completely pointless.

Yeah thanks. Nobody is forcing you to update. You are free to use the old one forever if it works so well for you

Except you are forcing people to as it updates every single time you open Kodi. If it was a manual update that was needed then fine but you have taken the idiotic decision to break the core features, remove a good feature and then force the crap update on people.

I mean seriously I know you do this for free but its sheer incompetence on your side and even you doing it for free isn't an excuse for piss poor planning and unilateral decisions without asking the people who use its opinion
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1