• 88(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
so better to use tsreader for ts? i never played any ts file so i have no experience
(2015-08-31, 23:06)aracnoz Wrote: so better to use tsreader for ts? i never played any ts file so i have no experience
IMO tsreader is better at handle ts file although it's not perfect. Better included it since it's needed for mediaportal anyway and save some users who have to dig this forum for that particular filter.
(2015-08-31, 08:19)spiderben25 Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 23:25)djoole Wrote: Hi there,

Great job with last bug update Aracnoz, everything seems to work fine for now..

Nonetheless, I have an issue with default loaded subtitles (had the issue before the update).

My LAV Splitter is set up to show fre subtitles by default :

But it shows eng subtitles anyway.
I have to manually select french subs.
Those are xxxxx.en|fr.srt files

What is choosing subtitles in the filters chain? LAV Splitter? XYsubfilters? Something in Kodi?

I had the same issue, look a few pages back. aracnoz posted a test built containing a fix to that issue, you should try it and report.

I had seen your issue a few pages ago.
Not the same issue here :
- problem occurred with previous builds (previous DX9 builds)
- I'm on latest build (kodi_100)
- using external filters

Aracnoz do you know where could the problem come from?
It's like something would choose the subtitle instead of LAV Splitter..
internal streams are selected by lav splitter preferences, with the external streams lav spltter can only decide to use an external track instead of the internal one but then it's xysubfilter to set which one between all the external tracks

i needs more details to try to reproduce, all the languages presents in the file and external subs that you added
The files don't have any internal subs.
There is a xxxxx.fr.srt file and a xxxxx.en.srt file next to the xxxxx.mkv
I would like to set my system to choose fr subs if present then en subs.
I couldn't find any option in xysubfilter to set language preference..
(2015-08-30, 15:45)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 10:38)IT007 Wrote: Further testing revealed that I now get random freezing with sound playing and Kodi totally unresponsive. Oh well, back to build 15.0 again.

Setup: Windows 10, Kodi Dsplayer 15.1 DX11, Madvr, Lav Filters, Reclock, Xysubfilter, ffdshow Raw, SVP (frame interpolation)

can you pls check if your problems with these version are solved with one of this test build, obviously you need to reinstall kodi dsplayer in dx11 before replace the exe

I tested both 0 and 100 builds and so far absolutely no problems with either build. Nice!

edit: Well actually one minor annoyance, installing the new build reseted my madvr settings, probably because it defaults to "manage settings with kodi" enabled.
(2015-09-01, 09:40)djoole Wrote: The files don't have any internal subs.
There is a xxxxx.fr.srt file and a xxxxx.en.srt file next to the xxxxx.mkv
I would like to set my system to choose fr subs if present then en subs.
I couldn't find any option in xysubfilter to set language preference..

I honestly do not know if you can add a tag to recognize the language of a srt file instead of using the file name that is not a method so sure, anyway i think that there isn't a preferences because they suppose that an external sub it's download and present only when necessary because there is not inside the file

(2015-09-01, 10:01)IT007 Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 15:45)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 10:38)IT007 Wrote: Further testing revealed that I now get random freezing with sound playing and Kodi totally unresponsive. Oh well, back to build 15.0 again.

Setup: Windows 10, Kodi Dsplayer 15.1 DX11, Madvr, Lav Filters, Reclock, Xysubfilter, ffdshow Raw, SVP (frame interpolation)

can you pls check if your problems with these version are solved with one of this test build, obviously you need to reinstall kodi dsplayer in dx11 before replace the exe

I tested both 0 and 100 builds and so far absolutely no problems with either build. Nice!

edit: Well actually one minor annoyance, installing the new build reseted my madvr settings, probably because it defaults to "manage settings with kodi" enabled.

good seems that i've fixed all the issues apart the download dialog not shown with oldpoem that it's really crazy there is no reason for that

p.s. as already said i'm sorry for the resetting of the settings but they are needed when i upgrade the database to insert new things, it's happened for the lavfilters config and now with the next build it will happen again because i'm adding a features to save settings also for tvshow name
@aracnoz, not sure of having understood what you mean.

the language tag is added to the srt files by the subtitle downloader i use (sickrage part).
Kodi knows how to manage it : if DVDPlayer is used and i set the preference to french in Settings/Playback/Subtitles, then french subs (even external) are used by default.

It seems it's an option lacking in XYSubfilter.
Or maybe could you add the part of this DVDPlayer code to DSPlayer, in order to choose an external sub according to a selected language in settings?
(2015-09-01, 10:36)aracnoz Wrote: good seems that i've fixed all the issues apart the download dialog not shown with oldpoem that it's really crazy there is no reason for that

p.s. as already said i'm sorry for the resetting of the settings but they are needed when i upgrade the database to insert new things, it's happened for the lavfilters config and now with the next build it will happen again because i'm adding a features to save settings also for tvshow name

Yeah, not a big problem since I remember my Madvr setup, but maybe change the default setting of "manage settings with kodi" to "load from Madvr active profile". This would stop madvr resetting to default I assume?

Anyway thank you for your hard work on this!
I didn't have the reset settings problem.
Maybe because i switched to "load from madvr active profile" before launching the first video after upgrade?
(2015-09-01, 11:58)djoole Wrote: I didn't have the reset settings problem.
Maybe because i switched to "load from madvr active profile" before launching the first video after upgrade?

Could be, Indeed I launched a video first and noticed the settings had reseted.
(2015-09-01, 10:36)aracnoz Wrote: good seems that i've fixed all the issues apart the download dialog not shown with oldpoem that it's really crazy there is no reason for that

Nevermind. I fixed this problem already. It's some settings in madvr that caused dialog not showing. I reset all my madvr settings and it's working now. But the problem is I don't know which of my previous madvr settings caused this....

Thank you aracnoz.
(2015-09-01, 11:22)djoole Wrote: @aracnoz, not sure of having understood what you mean.

the language tag is added to the srt files by the subtitle downloader i use (sickrage part).
Kodi knows how to manage it : if DVDPlayer is used and i set the preference to french in Settings/Playback/Subtitles, then french subs (even external) are used by default.

It seems it's an option lacking in XYSubfilter.
Or maybe could you add the part of this DVDPlayer code to DSPlayer, in order to choose an external sub according to a selected language in settings?

ok but since xysubfilter don't supports these preferences i should add a new features in dsplayer

but now i have reached the limit Smile i have to first recharge my battery before add new things

(2015-09-01, 11:58)djoole Wrote: I didn't have the reset settings problem.

(2015-09-01, 12:10)IT007 Wrote: Could be, Indeed I launched a video first and noticed the settings had reseted.

ok now i figured out what you mean... you had the resetting of the settings in madVR profiles because dsplayer has set his personals settings... this should not happen anymore because i will not change the dsplayer menus

i cannot change the default vaule to "load madvr profile" because using the internal database you can do everything with a remote without never touch madvr tryicon etc etc, you have only to install the filter, it's the simplest way to use madVR for inexpert users

(2015-09-01, 12:23)oldpoem Wrote: Nevermind. I fixed this problem already. It's some settings in madvr that caused dialog not showing. I reset all my madvr settings and it's working now. But the problem is I don't know which of my previous madvr settings caused this....

Thank you aracnoz.

good Smile
(2015-09-01, 12:51)aracnoz Wrote: ok now i figured out what you mean... you had the resetting of the settings in madVR profiles because dsplayer has set his personals settings... this should not happen anymore because i will not change the dsplayer menus

i cannot change the default vaule to "load madvr profile" because using the internal database you can do everything with a remote without never touch madvr tryicon etc etc, you have only to install the filter, it's the simplest way to use madVR for inexpert users

Ok, completely understandable. Thanks for the info.
Is there anyway to be notified of updates to dsplayer like a newsletter email or script to check version inside or outside kodi? Even if you did not want to put this in kodi itself a script that could be downloaded and added to task scheduler to run daily/weekly to check version number would be great. Also does anyone know the best way to check for updates to the filters like lav, ffdshow, madvr, ac3filter, xy-subfilter, etc... besides going to the websites and checking manually?

Thanks...
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47