• 1(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
Mimic 3.x requires Kodi 16 Jarvis.

***There is an issue where the widgets will disappear if the window closes while they are loading. See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16635 Easiest way to bring them back is to reload the skin; there's an option to do that on the shutdown menu. Please let me know if you test and find any other issues, thanks.

mim·ic
1. To imitate
Synonyms: resemble, look like, have the appearance of

watch gallery

Introduction

Users of this skin will quickly see the resemblance to two of my favorite skins, Aeon Nox and reFocus. Even as Mimic borrows from both of these skins, my hope is that it will develop into its own style over time. Many thanks to BigNoid for his work on Aeon Nox, on which this skin is based. I've used many of the available skins since discovering XBMC/Kodi, but always returned to one of the Nox variations for its feature set and clear navigation. Also thank you to Jeroen, creator of reFocus, whose clean design and attention to detail were an inspiration for this skin. Mimic also borrows some of the great views from reFocus such as Gallery and BigList. More recently, this skin now "mimics" features from Arctic Zephyr and its mods, fTV, and Phil65's skin.

Required Addons

These addons will automatically install when installing Mimic from the repository. Supported Addons
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. How do I activate Extended Info for movie/tv show cast members?
    Press down from the selected cast member in the video info dialog. I tried making it activate Extended Info when clicking the cast thumb, but never could get the list to scroll smoothly.
  2. Why don't the home widgets work with a mouse?
    The skin is designed for use with a remote or keyboard, mouse support is limited. For best results using a mouse or touch device, be sure to enable the skin setting to show the home widgets all the time. Skin Settings --> Home window --> Always show home widgets
  3. Why isn't rss text displayed when using the Feedreader screensaver?
    I've modified the skin for this addon to only display photos. One source of photo rss feeds is flickr. Try using the following rss link, replacing "yosemite" with your preferred keyword.
    Code:
    http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?tags=yosemite
    You can also use your favorite flickr group. Just use the following code after updating the group's id, which you can find by pasting the group's url here: http://idgettr.com/
    Code:
    http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/groups_pool.gne?id=52240205351@N01
    If you prefer the original Feedreader display, delete script-Feedreader-Main.xml from the skin's 1080i folder.
  4. Why are some of my random fanart backgrounds black, or why don't my thumbnails show up?
    This is likely caused by missing or corrupted images in your texture cache. I suggest using the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility to clean up and repair your cached textures. It is also useful for finding duplicate media in your library and updating IMDb ratings. I posted a guide to setting it up in Window 8.1.
Languages

Mimic is now on Transifex. Sign up to translate the skin strings into your preferred language.

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/kodi-skins/

Download/Install

Mimic is now available in the Kodi repository. The source is available here: https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/tree/jarvis

If you would like to express your appreciation for this skin, please consider a donation to the XBMC Foundation. http://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/

Just started updating Mimic for Kodi 16 Jarvis. The master branch on github is for Jarvis only. The Isengard version was moved to its own branch on github.

Please post any support/feature requests regarding the Jarvis version here. Stay tuned for more info...
good to see you are progressing mimic with Jarvis @braz

... I haven't tried Jarvis yet, how stable is it in your view? always keen to assist testing, but also keen to maintain a fairly safe setup.
(2015-09-01, 18:52)stueeey Wrote: good to see you are progressing mimic with Jarvis @braz

... I haven't tried Jarvis yet, how stable is it in your view? always keen to assist testing, but also keen to maintain a fairly safe setup.
No issues that I've noticed, you can always setup Jarvis in portable mode if you just want to test it.
(2015-09-01, 19:00)braz Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 18:52)stueeey Wrote: good to see you are progressing mimic with Jarvis @braz

No issues that I've noticed, you can always setup Jarvis in portable mode if you just want to test it.

'Portable Mode' ? give us a clue, is this a new Jarvis feature? or an install method? confused.com
Guess this only works for Windows though...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode
(2015-09-01, 19:07)braz Wrote: Guess this only works for Windows though...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode

arrhh Game Over then, all my setups are OSX, shall experiment anyway and report back any issues I find...

presume all your new additions/changes shall be geared towards Jarvis?

keep up the great work, love using mimic!
I need to make a few more changes to the Isengard branch. The next Isengard version I submit to the repo will likely be the last feature release for Kodi 15. So only bug fixes after that.
had a play... looks like multiple 'separate' profiles are not supported in Jarvis just yet... unless these are settings you can implement within mimic @braz?

seems strange as separate skins are supported, (I can use Confluence for 1 user and mimic for a 2nd user) but when I switch to mimic for both users the settings transpose across all users. colours, custom sections (everything). new user profiles were created as new separate users.
(2015-09-02, 01:45)stueeey Wrote: had a play... looks like multiple 'separate' profiles are not supported in Jarvis just yet... unless these are settings you can implement within mimic @braz?

seems strange as separate skins are supported, (I can use Confluence for 1 user and mimic for a 2nd user) but when I switch to mimic for both users the settings transpose across all users. colours, custom sections (everything). new user profiles were created as new separate users.

GUI settings were moved to the skin's addon folder for Jarvis. Maybe profile support hasn't been added yet, will check tonight.
(2015-09-02, 01:48)braz Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 01:45)stueeey Wrote: had a play... looks like multiple 'separate' profiles are not supported in Jarvis just yet... unless these are settings you can implement within mimic @braz?

GUI settings were moved to the skin's addon folder for Jarvis. Maybe profile support hasn't been added yet, will check tonight.

yes I thought that was one of the new features for Jarvis... that each skin was given its own settings.xml for individual users (I won't pretend to know anymore than that).
When using the side blade view change to BigWall and changing the Art from Poster to Landscape the Dialogue in the menu stays as 'Poster'.... unless I am mistaken I believe this should change to Landscape, as it appears to do so for Banner & Logo, just not implemented for Landscape. Only thing I have spotted in my observations braz, thanks again. Mimic just keeps getting better!

Edit: just noticed the same applies to shift view :-)
(2015-09-02, 01:59)stueeey Wrote: When using the side blade view change to BigWall and changing the Art from Poster to Landscape the Dialogue in the menu stays as 'Poster'.... unless I am mistaken I believe this should change to Landscape, as it appears to do so for Banner & Logo, just not implemented for Landscape. Only thing I have spotted in my observations braz, thanks again. Mimic just keeps getting better!

Edit: just noticed the same applies to shift view :-)
Hmm, can't reproduce that here, I'm seeing the correct labels. Maybe one of the skin settings isn't being populated correctly, will investigate.

Yeah, looks like the profile stuff isn't working at all. I don't use profiles so no idea what is going on, but can't think of any skin code that could be doing this. Going to wait and see on this one...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3