• 2(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
Hello bryanbrazil, there is an idea of a (little) improvement for the musicvideo libray that i would like to share with you :

I don't know about you, but I personnally especially like the 3x6 thumbs layout of the wall view for the music library (see screenshot below) :

Don't you think it would be a good idea to use this layout for the wall view of the musicvideo library, instead of the current one, which is a 2x5 thumbs grid ? (I personnally find it less appealing and less convenient than the 3x6 one)

It would not be a big change / improvement, but on the other hand it should be quite easy and fast to implement (if you agree with me, of course Smile ), sort of copy/paste of the music library wall layout.
(2015-09-05, 14:09)Sn00p Wrote: It would not be a big change / improvement, but on the other hand it should be quite easy and fast to implement (if you agree with me, of course Smile ), sort of copy/paste of the music library wall layout.
As much as I'd like to do this, it's not as easy as copy/paste. The height of the video wall is not as big as the music wall. So to make it work I would have to reconfigure all of the video views, which is not something I plan to do.
(2015-09-05, 17:07)braz Wrote:
(2015-09-05, 14:09)Sn00p Wrote: It would not be a big change / improvement, but on the other hand it should be quite easy and fast to implement (if you agree with me, of course Smile ), sort of copy/paste of the music library wall layout.
As much as I'd like to do this, it's not as easy as copy/paste. The height of the video wall is not as big as the music wall. So to make it work I would have to reconfigure all of the video views, which is not something I plan to do.

I didn't know that (#noobinside)... No problem then Smile (not a big deal)
This skin is fantastic and works great with Kodi 16 (Jarvis).

I have a request which is could the Jarvis compatible Mimic v3+ be put in the repo?

I could only find Mimic v2.21 to install so I had to use Github to get v3.

Thanks
(2015-09-06, 20:07)master345 Wrote: This skin is fantastic and works great with Kodi 16 (Jarvis).

I have a request which is could the Jarvis compatible Mimic v3+ be put in the repo?

I could only find Mimic v2.21 to install so I had to use Github to get v3.

Thanks
Thanks! I will be submitting it soon, along with an update for Isengard. Just need to solve a few issues first.
Just submitted the Jarvis version to the repo. For those of you that are updating from github, note that I've removed the studio and record label icons from the skin. These icons are now provided by image resource addons. See the required addons section, they can be installed directly from the Kodi addon browser.
Just added an option to select from the weather image resource addons that you have installed. You can find them in the Kodi repository under Look and Feel > Image collections. All of the currently available weather icon addons are supported with the exception of the animated one.

Update: Already changed it so it is now part of the sidebar rather than its own dialog.

Update 2: Ok, changed it again for the last time. This time using Ronie's Image Resource Select script.

I've been meaning to look into converting the skin to use the skin shortcuts script for the main menu, backgrounds, and widgets. Started working on it a few days ago, but quickly realized this is too big a task.

Instead, I started modding Arctic Zephyr for my personal use and I am now using it instead of Mimic. As a result, I won't be updating Mimic as frequently, though I still plan to update it for future Kodi versions.
(2015-09-14, 18:42)braz Wrote: I've been meaning to look into converting the skin to use the skin shortcuts script for the main menu, backgrounds, and widgets. Started working on it a few days ago, but quickly realized this is too big a task.

Instead, I started modding Arctic Zephyr for my personal use and I am now using it instead of Mimic. As a result, I won't be updating Mimic as frequently, though I still plan to update it for future Kodi versions.

am I missing something? rather surprised to here this @braz... does kodi's evolution not go hand in hand with the development of the skin shortcuts script? Not questioning the huge amount of work it would take you or asking you to undertake it, just curious, as I am confused.

Shall check out your fork for Arctic Zephyr (interested to see what your up too - lol)
(2015-09-14, 18:42)braz Wrote: I've been meaning to look into converting the skin to use the skin shortcuts script for the main menu, backgrounds, and widgets. Started working on it a few days ago, but quickly realized this is too big a task.

Will you make your Arctic Zephyr Mod available for us to use?? I think your work is great and would love to see what you could do with it
Surprised me too. Wink Didn't plan on switching to Arctic Zephyr, but after trying and failing to modify Mimic to fully utilize skin shortcuts I found it was easier to switch to a skin that already uses it. There are several other features of AZ that I like as well.

My mod of Arctic Zephyr is on my github page, but I'm not sure that it will be suitable for a wide audience. I started by removing several features that I don't use. Then I changed the font, reconfigured some of the info screens and color customizer, and added support for alternative weather icons. It won't be on the official repo, so I don't plan on being too diligent about localizing strings I might add.
braz

I really enjoy what you do with skins. If and when you end up going to arctic, maybe you can post your work on the arctic section of the forum so more people can enjoy your mod.
(2015-09-15, 03:55)braz Wrote: Surprised me too. Wink Didn't plan on switching to Arctic Zephyr, but after trying and failing to modify Mimic to fully utilize skin shortcuts I found it was easier to switch to a skin that already uses it. There are several other features of AZ that I like as well.

My mod of Arctic Zephyr is on my github page, but I'm not sure that it will be suitable for a wide audience. I started by removing several features that I don't use. Then I changed the font, reconfigured some of the info screens and color customizer, and added support for alternative weather icons. It won't be on the official repo, so I don't plan on being too diligent about localizing strings I might add.

I wouldn't dare question your reasons @braz. I appreciate all your hard work over the years on mimic (thank you)...

...I've had a quick play with Arctic Zephyr (both orig & your mod), looks like it's come a long way since I last viewed it.

states 'dependencies not met' when installed against Isengard, so presume you have modded for Jarvis only. Once the new work to include all the new skin shortcuts features are done this shall become shit hot for widget lovers!!

My one annoyance is the small text/font for the main menu buttons, might see if I can increase these as well as the line indication underneath (just to small from across my living room).
(2015-09-15, 04:07)Edworld Wrote: braz

I really enjoy what you do with skins. If and when you end up going to arctic, maybe you can post your work on the arctic section of the forum so more people can enjoy your mod.

Posted here...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239051
looks like the mimic fires are still being stoked @braz
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3