• 29(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
Thanks DarkAngel. Helix is working a treat so wont change unless I need to.

This is an excellent addon for us multizone users
(2015-08-28, 21:20)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: As some of you use Kodi for Windows, I compiled a dual audio version of it (Kodi Isengard 15.1). Wink

Installed on Windows 10.. work like a charm

Thank you!! Laugh
Excellent - been using dual audio since Gotham - a must have for me - can upgrade from Helix now - Thanks.
Use case: TV off and can still play music through old Denon amp without a fiddle.
(2015-08-28, 21:20)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: As some of you use Kodi for Windows, I compiled a dual audio version of it (Kodi Isengard 15.1). Wink
Just install Isengard 15.1 from official Kodi page, then replace Kodi.exe and the 4 xml setting files.

Please confirm if that dual audio build for Windows does it's job (and please don't complain about any other bugs which are not related to that dual audio patch).

Can you please create a pull request for xhbl. Thanks for the effort getting windows back on track!
Thumbs Up 
Hi and thank you for your great job
As OpenELEC 5.95.4 (x86_64) is out and has the stable 15.1 kodi can you please release a dual audio version for it?
It will be much appreciated!
Thanks a lot

edit: sorry i didnt notice its out already...
Good job!!
Though I realize it's not cool to post questions on a previous version, but I'm still rocking Gotham + DA and going for it anyway:

Anyone seen issues with no audio at all after Win7x64 waking from sleep (xbmc always running)? It's happened more than once, but when I then enter xbmc/system context menu and browse over the two Audio Output screens to check my settings, suddenly it starts working.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Just install Isengard 15.1 from official Kodi page, then replace Kodi.exe and the 4 xml setting files.

Please confirm if that dual audio build for Windows does it's job (and please don't complain about any other bugs which are not related to that dual audio patch).

Thanks a mill, running perfectly with Win 10.
Is there a git repo I can use for a Ubuntu build of 15.1? I normally wait for xhbl to post an update to the top post but that doesn't seem to have happened yet
(2015-09-07, 13:14)PaulCarter Wrote: Is there a git repo I can use for a Ubuntu build of 15.1? I normally wait for xhbl to post an update to the top post but that doesn't seem to have happened yet
xhbl hasn't updated his repos since 14.2, but you can use the official repository and apply the source patch.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
(2015-09-08, 13:29)DarkAngel2401 Wrote:
(2015-09-07, 13:14)PaulCarter Wrote: Is there a git repo I can use for a Ubuntu build of 15.1? I normally wait for xhbl to post an update to the top post but that doesn't seem to have happened yet
xhbl hasn't updated his repos since 14.2, but you can use the official repository and apply the source patch.

Any guidelines how to apply the source patch to current master?
That patch is for OpenELEC 5.95.4, but also works for Kodi (only tested for Isengard release 15.1).

For OpenELEC:
Just unpack and copy the files into OpenELEC folder (and overwrite the 2 files for RPi/RPi2).

For Kodi:
You need only one file: packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/kodi-151-DualAudio-OE5954-r018.patch
Then go to your Kodi directory and apply the patch:
Code:
$ patch -p 1 < /path/to/patchfile/kodi-151-DualAudio-OE5954-r018.patch
I don't know if the patch will work for master, you probably get some errors when applying the patch.

That's it.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
I successfully build a package adding this patch on source of the ubuntu package ' 2:15.1~git20150816.1137-final-0trusty' from team-xbmc's launchpad.

Here the HOW TO i used:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpdatingADeb

Dual audio output feature seems working.

I really hope this patch will be merged in kody mainline, i'm waiting for years to ouput stereo HDMI simultaneously with spdif pass-through which is impossible using pulse audio modules.

thanks guys!
(2015-09-09, 13:17)stopdatrue Wrote: i'm waiting for years to ouput stereo HDMI simultaneously with spdif pass-through which is impossible using pulse audio modules.

This feature is basically handled by any branded blue-ray/dvd players.
(2015-09-09, 06:05)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: For Kodi:
You need only one file: packages/mediacenter/kodi/patches/kodi-151-DualAudio-OE5954-r018.patch
Then go to your Kodi directory and apply the patch:
Code:
$ patch -p 1 < /path/to/patchfile/kodi-151-DualAudio-OE5954-r018.patch
I don't know if the patch will work for master, you probably get some errors when applying the patch.

Thanks - that's great news, I'd assumed your patch file was very specific to OpenElec so it's nice to know that it can be applied to Kodi without too much difficulty too.
When I get a chance (which might not be for a few weeks) I will do an Ubuntu build for Kodi 15.1 (or 15.2 if out by then) and make it available for download.
(2015-09-09, 14:11)PaulCarter Wrote: Thanks - that's great news, I'd assumed your patch file was very specific to OpenElec so it's nice to know that it can be applied to Kodi without too much difficulty too.
When I get a chance (which might not be for a few weeks) I will do an Ubuntu build for Kodi 15.1 (or 15.2 if out by then) and make it available for download.

I think we should create a launchpad repo for dual audio, forked from the team-xbmc's one, may be it will encourage them to merge the patch in mainline.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9