• 13(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-09-06, 16:40)im85288 Wrote: what a script this is! Full of new surprises everyday Smile I think Live TV in Kodi has just stepped up it's game big time. Thanks again Marcel

Definitively agree ...
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-09-06, 15:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 13:11)tomer953 Wrote: 1. http://pastebin.com/Q5PWbtAV its a new link, but the old one is working to me...
2. OK, so Ill start from the basics.
As I write this, I think of alternate way to acheive it - maybe Ill let them build their custom "folder" as a sub-menu, and then fill the widget with the sub-menu content, so no dependecy with the AL or Super Favourite to make custom widgets...

1. The error is from old version. All those unicode errors have been fixed by me a few days back. So that error report from that user is from old version of the script. I know this because the line in the log doesn't match with the code.

2.Please check the answer from BobCratchet. That is the most solid way to fix it.

1. I will give him the latest version from git and try again. 10x.
OK I saw your comment, and I saw BobCratchet comment but still no luck for me.
I'm very sorry about being such a newbe in the overrides.xml file, and i'm appoligize for the long comments, but just about a week ago I re-wrote the whole file again, and re-built the whole widgets engine in my skin from zero...
I Followed your instruction, as you explain to me before, you said that If I want to keep default widgets for menu items,I will need to keep my <widget label....> lines and my <widgetdefault...>
So I did.
and I rewrote them to use the new "path" and "type" thing...the text that i'm puting between the >< is the one that i'm using in the widgerdefault..
so it will looks like:
<widget label......path...type...>RecentMovies</widget>
<widgetdefault labelID="movies">RecentMovies</widgetdefault>
is it the right way?
So after all of this being said, this is my overrides.xml file:
http://pastebin.com/hHEruXvM (I tried to keep it simple as possible)
So far so good.
now lets call this "method" of widgets lines and defaults - "My way" and the whole grouping and noding stuff "your way".
I asked few things, and they were:
1. adding program addons picker (for the advanced launcher trick)
2. removing the "default" widget you added in the latest version, who fills all the widgets by default... I don't want them since I have my own already...
How I do it in "my way" ?

I'm really struggled to understand why I need the <widget-groupings> as you put in your example, or the <nodes> tags... don't even know what they are meaning or doing, since my code is working exactly as I want it to work.
I also tried the solution of the Advanced launcher as widget:
Code:
<shortcut label="Advanced Launcher" type="Label2 value" condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.program.advanced.launcher)">||BROWSE||plugin.program.advanced.launcher</shortcut>
This one did not worked, so I change it to:
Code:
<widget label="Advanced Launcher" type="addon" condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.program.advanced.launcher)">||BROWSE||plugin.program.advanced.launcher</widget>
(replaced shortcut to widget), and it indeed let me choose the folders from the addon ("to get inside") - but the "path","type" and even the "widget" property was empty so It doesnt fill anything..
My widgets list is set to fill with:
Code:
<content target="video">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>
So what to do?

ANYWAY, I wrote that this is not really needed if I could apply my idea - to assign sub-menu content to a widget, because the whole purpose of this is to create a fully customize widget, and you can do it already with menus\sub-menus... so Im asking, it is doable? how I add new line that will assign the submenu content to the "widgetPath" property ? I will also need to add visible condition to the sub-menu itself to not appear when this is enable, no point of showing both of them.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-08-30, 20:27)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 13:11)Mike_Doc Wrote: not sure the resolution one is working correctly, I'm expecting 1080 but getting 1920 for a bluray film for the Video resolution?

Oops, I swapped height and width... Now fixed on Git

Hi Marcel,

Just tested and can confirm it's working. Thank you.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Update:
I successed to use sub-menu as widget, but It made me to duplicate the "list" container of the widget, so you can forget about all the Advanced launcher stuff...

I did something like this:
Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="9002">
    <include>widget_content_vertical</include>
    <visible>!StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget),submenuaswidget)</visible>
    <content target="video">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetPath)]</content>            
</control>
<control type="wraplist" id="9002">
    <include>widget_content_vertical</include>
    <visible>StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget),submenuaswidget)</visible>
    <content><include>skinshortcuts-submenu</include></content>         
</control>

Marcel, any way to use your helper to bring the <include>skinshortcuts-submenu</include> into the "widgetPath" property ? so we won't need to duplicate ?
(I have different layouts, not only vertical, and ill need to duplicate a lot of lists... just for it)
any I still need help about disabling your shortcuts in what I called "my way" in previous post.
(2015-09-06, 20:32)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, any way to use your helper to bring the <include>skinshortcuts-submenu</include> into the "widgetPath" property ? so we won't need to duplicate ?
(I have different layouts, not only vertical, and ill need to duplicate a lot of lists... just for it)
any I still need help about disabling your shortcuts in what I called "my way" in previous post.

you can use $INCLUDE[name of the include] instead I believe...
(2015-09-06, 20:51)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 20:32)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, any way to use your helper to bring the <include>skinshortcuts-submenu</include> into the "widgetPath" property ? so we won't need to duplicate ?

you can use $INCLUDE[name of the include] instead I believe...

Only if you're using templates. With a traditional implementation, you could probably use a $VAR to include the right content, though...

Edit: Maybe not, my bad.
Var can used to return include contents? Ill try later, but AFAIK it dont
Edit: As I tought
So Marcel, is it possible to provide a custom action for that ?
Code:
<widget label="Sub Menu" type="submenu" path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=submenu">SubMenu</widget>
Please..
Hi, Marcel
I started with BobCratchett to use your skinshortcuts integration. Great Job on this !
Just one question, is there a way to get the Title or infolabels of the backgrounds provided by the script ?

Thanks
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-09-07, 08:05)tomer953 Wrote: So Marcel, is it possible to provide a custom action for that ?
Code:
<widget label="Sub Menu" type="submenu" path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=submenu">SubMenu</widget>
Please..

Are you using the script's entrypoint to provide the widgets list ?
In that case add static as one of the params. It will return weather, submenu and systeminfo as static widgets
(2015-09-08, 18:11)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi, Marcel
I started with BobCratchett to use your skinshortcuts integration. Great Job on this !
Just one question, is there a way to get the Title or infolabels of the backgrounds provided by the script ?

Yeah, I made sure that it is seamless integrated with skinshortcut. I actually got rid of about 2000+ lines of xml in my Titan skin just by using this script together with the templates function of skinshortcuts
(2015-09-08, 20:21)marcelveldt Wrote:

Yeah, I made sure that it is seamless integrated with skinshortcut. I actually got rid of about 2000+ lines of xml in my Titan skin just by using this script together with the templates function of skinshortcuts

the static option is new? is not in the readme of both scripts...
I added it, and tried the new things, weather,settings,sub-menu...
for the weather and settings it path to $INCLUDE[some-include-name]
so I guess I need to create those with content, right?
but for the sub-menu I get:
Path: $INCLUDE[skinshortcuts-submenu]
Widget: addon
type: static
and I already have that include,
but the list stays empty... its not fill with the sub-menu items.. should I modify something?
Code:
this is my content tag
(2015-09-09, 07:42)tomer953 Wrote: the static option is new? is not in the readme of both scripts...

The static parameter is WIP so not yet in the readme ;-)
I am trying to find a way to also provide some default widgets like weather, systeminfo, nextaired and stuff.
My first approach is to just return the include...

I forgot you aren't using templates in skinshortcuts so that $INCLUDE[] thing won't work.

Let me think about it...

Thanks

You mean for the background that is currently visible ?
Or just the label of the background type like "In progress Movies" ?

I guess you mean the first one... Hmmm, Currently I have only stored the actual images in the cache in the sane of speed.
Offcourse I can extend this and add some more props. What is is you're looking for ?
(2015-09-09, 12:53)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 07:42)tomer953 Wrote: the static option is new? is not in the readme of both scripts...

The static parameter is WIP so not yet in the readme ;-)
I am trying to find a way to also provide some default widgets like weather, systeminfo, nextaired and stuff.
My first approach is to just return the include...

I forgot you aren't using templates in skinshortcuts so that $INCLUDE[] thing won't work.

Let me think about it...

Ok, Thanks.
b.t.w what is templates? maybe ill use it? i'm still building my skin so good things are welcome...
and If you wont find any other way, would you add it like I suggested here: ?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18