• 47(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Found some more info. on Zidoo X6 via Freaktab, posted by them:
  • Support for HD Audio (5.1 to 7.1) and 3D MVC within their customized version of Kodi, based off 15.1. HD audio passthrough only in customized version. They claim, "We wrote a "RK CODEC" in kodi, It's based on the underlying decoding of RK. That's why you can't see these features on other devices based on 3368."
  • Auto frame-rate switching in Kodi, but no mention of whether 23.976 is supported (only says "24P" support).
  • H/W decode via their own code. They wrote, "More smooth decoding. But we will open the source soon".
  • 12+ GB of actual usable storage via their "unified storage" implementation.
Looks good, if what's promised is all true, and things work mostly bug-free, but think I'm going to stick with RPi2. Also, would prefer official version of Kodi vs. customized (like what VidOn did), or implementation as HiMedia has done with M3/Q5/Q10 with external player.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-08, 02:22)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-09-04, 10:04)3dgeek Wrote:
(2015-09-04, 00:34)hdmkv Wrote: With my RPi2, the only nagging issue I have is sometimes after I start a movie (2D or 3D) and stop, I get a 'no signal' message on my display.

I only had that problem, when "sync to display" was selected. Drove me nuts - but without - never any problem.
Hoping popcornmix can comment on this. Why does this happen when we have both 'sync to display' and 'adjust display refresh rate' enabled (that we get a 'no signal' message on our displays)? Both enabled on Chromebox doesn't cause the same issue.

Hmmm. Is this with omxplayer enabled or disabled.
Do you only get this with "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D"?
Does it only occur with MVC or do normal SBS files have the issue?
What percentage of the time does it fail?
Is this with OE 5.95.5?
I normally run with omxplayer disabled, "adjust display refresh" and "sync to display" both enabled and I haven't seen this.

I imagine I can fix it if I can reproduce it.
Hoping 3dgeek can comment as well, but in my case...

Is this with omxplayer enabled or disabled. Doesn't seem to make any difference.

Do you only get this with "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D"? Yes. Also, if I disable both 'sync to display' and 'adjust display refresh rate', no issues (but of course everything is shown at 1080p/60 for me).

Does it only occur with MVC or do normal SBS files have the issue? Both types (MVC and SBS/TAB).

What percentage of the time does it fail? About 50%, and mostly during first power on and playback. After unplug/re-plug, works better. One that almost always causes me the issue upon first power on and playback is the Dolby ATMOS demo clip here (it's a 2D clip) (I also get no video and audio breaks up), but unplug/re-plug, then plays fine.

Is this with OE 5.95.5? Doesn't matter, with OE 5.95.5 or latest OE 6 (Kodi 16) builds. Or even OSMC, same issue.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-09, 14:05)hdmkv Wrote: Found some more info. on Zidoo X6 via Freaktab, posted by them:
  • Support for HD Audio (5.1 to 7.1) and 3D MVC within their customized version of Kodi, based off 15.1. HD audio passthrough only in customized version. They claim, "We wrote a "RK CODEC" in kodi, It's based on the underlying decoding of RK. That's why you can't see these features on other devices based on 3368."
  • Auto frame-rate switching in Kodi, but no mention of whether 23.976 is supported (only says "24P" support).
  • H/W decode via their own code. They wrote, "More smooth decoding. But we will open the source soon".
Looks good, if what's promised is all true, and things work mostly bug-free, but think I'm going to stick with RPi2. Also, would prefer official version of Kodi vs. customized (like what VidOn did), or implementation as HiMedia has done with M3/Q5/Q10 with external player.

I am going to buy one if the price is right.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-09-09, 15:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 14:05)hdmkv Wrote: Found some more info. on Zidoo X6 via Freaktab, posted by them:

I am going to buy one if the price is right.

it's in pre-sale in europe on-line store at 149,95€ ( unknown final price)
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
So, guessing $175-200 U.S. Pricier than even HiMedia's Q10, but if things work well, then worth it. It should also perform better, and support 4K better in theory.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-09, 16:23)hdmkv Wrote: So, guessing $175-200 U.S. Pricier than even HiMedia's Q10, but if things work well, then worth it. It should also perform better, and support 4K better in theory.

usually electronic device in europe the price is more high(tax) 149€ = 149$.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
$100 to $149 i might bite,beyond that then No.

The VidOn box was only $69 Big Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Any sign of the source code or is this another GPL violator?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
They've promised they'll share it, but they haven't as of yet.
My Family Room Theater
lol €150 ahahah... oh boy... next!!!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote

+1
Cause when kodi updates come, you rely on Zidoo to update too, and that wont happen when time passes... they just bring out a new device... then

Thatswhy i just love himedia...

I'm even using himedia M3 player with kodi as frontend and emby as backend for library in kodi, and even that works flawless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doubts that would also work with this Zidoo
(2015-09-09, 22:01)hdmkv Wrote: They've promised they'll share it, but they haven't as of yet.
Then they are violators and should be shunned and avoided.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If anyone else besides 3dgeek (and myself) is using RPi2, especially for 3D, can you please comment as to whether you experience the issues noted above (posts #692 and 693). Thank you.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-09, 17:29)movie78 Wrote: $100 to $149 i might bite,beyond that then No.

The VidOn box was only $69 Big Grin

on geekbuying pre-sale at 99.00$ (from 129.99$) Sad ...
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17