• 71(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-09-09, 20:22)metaron Wrote: I thought MMAL playback didn't use the MPEG2 codec, but I guess you still need it for the MMAL deinterlace methods :-(.
No, MMAL means dvdplayer (now videoplayer) with HW acceleration. It does fall back to software decode when HW acceleration is not available
(but that is not technically MMAL - it will behave the same as MMAL disabled).

Quote:Anyway, unfortunately it seems I was a little hasty in saying my issue was fixed. With the codec installed and build #0908 loaded, back the aspect ratio issue came. Guess I need to be a little more patient...
No fix yet. There are a few ways of fixing this, none are trivial.
One thing I'm thinking of is moving deinterlace from the decoder into the renderer.
That will have the side effect of fixing your issue and could have performance benefits.
However it's a big change, and there may be downsides, so it needs some experimentation.
(2015-09-09, 14:23)Doktor-X Wrote: why youtube order is not the same after updating to alfa 3

Can you confirm you have the correct sort order in #0904 and later builds.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Not sure if it's just logged twice or it actually retries a second time, but on #0908:
Code:
21:08:50 69350.546875 T:1472197632  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
21:08:50 69350.562500 T:1966575616  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 (1920x1080) @ 25.00 - Full Screen (29) (weight: 0.000)
21:08:50 69350.671875 T:1451222016  NOTICE: Thread DelayedMessage start, auto delete: true
21:08:50 69350.992188 T:1966575616  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 (1920x1080) @ 25.00 - Full Screen (29) (weight: 0.000)

The DelayedMessage is "Pause during refresh rate change" and I can't see it being paused for double the time it's configured to - infact if I wasn't reading the log I couldn't see any difference.
Might also be normal with the refactor...

(Speaking of that - I'm wondering if there's really no way to detect automatically when the display has switched to the new resolution/refresh rate/3D mode/...?)
(2015-09-09, 21:35)menakite Wrote: (Speaking of that - I'm wondering if there's really no way to detect automatically when the display has switched to the new resolution/refresh rate/3D mode/...?)

No. Technically it takes a few vsyncs to change resolution from the Pi's point of view.
But there is an unknown number of seconds after that for the display to sync up to the new signal.
No idea why it can't be done almost instantly. Some displays are reasonable and take a second or two. But I've seen displays that take ten seconds.
anyone else having issue with the 4.20.0 version of Leopold OpenELEC Dev Update script on an RPi2?
I am not able to select anything other than an Official Snapshot. All other options are grayed out. This is new with the 4.20.0 build for me.
I just checked,
I'm able to select them.
At first it looks greyed out.
But if you select them and press enter you're and to choose a build.
He has a support topic for his add-on on the OpenElec forum.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I can't mouse down to select them. I did post it on that forum, just wanted to see if it was just me or not.
http://openelec.tv/forum/110-update-open...405#147363
I have a question. I have heard the settings are now located in a different file. When I updated a few days ago I lost some settings like subtitles settings, screensaver settings and some other stuff. I read the benifits are that these settings are now in a separate file which you can easily copy between 2 openelec installs. I have 2 Raspberry pi's and I want to copy this new settings files from one to another.

Where can I find this file? And how to copy.

Thank you.
(2015-09-09, 22:28)OurJermain Wrote: I have a question. I have heard the settings are now located in a different file. When I updated a few days ago I lost some settings like subtitles settings, screensaver settings and some other stuff. I read the benifits are that these settings are now in a separate file which you can easily copy between 2 openelec installs. I have 2 Raspberry pi's and I want to copy this new settings files from one to another.

Where can I find this file? And how to copy.

Thank you.
Note that this thread should not be treated as a catch all for all questions. General questions like these really belong in their own separate thread as they are not OpenElec-RPi specific. Even though I know how tempting it is to post in an active thread, it doesn't help the discussion.

Having said that:
You can read a bit about what was done here: http://kodi.tv/kodi-16-0-alpha-jarvis-at-your-service/
What that means is that JUST the skin related settings have been moved from /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.confluence/settings.xml. Here Confluence is the skin in my case. The folder part skin.confluence differs when you use a different skin. The settings.xml file can be copied to a different install to the same location when the other install uses the same skin as well.
Running 0908 and I've noticed something strange with the playback of some recorded tv. The buffer periodically empties to zero, playback pauses for a second or two and then starts back with 100% buffer full again. I've determined that if I turn off deinterlacing completely the issue does not occur. It does occur with both auto and mmal-advanced deinterlacing. The example I was working with is from last night's late show with Stephen Colbert premier.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0909: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.6 #1 Thu Sep 10 03:27:45 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep  9 2015 23:05:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version de72f07669414925f3fde745fb860bc5d4d193d8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150910032653-#0909-g51eea0c [Build #0909]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001712.414: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (51eea0c6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c1c54b4b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (mostly new Raspberry Pi LCD support)
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Sep 9):
    • firmware: arm_loader: Initialise the ARM display layer to -127 See: link
    • firmware: lcd: Add lcd_rotate config option and change default orientation
    • firmware: tvserver: Make tvservice state report LCD state
  2. XBMC:
    • settings: fix method signatures of overriden virtual methods (PR:7983, 3 commits, 46 files changed)
    • [settings][PVR] Fix timersettings dialog weekdays display (PR:7968, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [cleanup] Removed unused declaration that crept in somehow (PR:7999, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [readme] part 3 - fix comments. (PR:7993, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix fileutils test that failed on windows (PR:7953, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [mysql]Add support for hyphenated database names when copying databases (PR:7976, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [visualisation] Don't restrict the sample buffer to 256 samples (PR:7395, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • DCADEC: Display real stream information - don't hide what we know (PR:7969, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [cec] Fixing initialisation issue found on Raspberry Pi with Buildroot (960ac1dd)
      • [rbp] Extract the correct resolution with Pi LCD (410a41ab)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [mmal] Use settings constants (6aa7708a)
      • [omxplayer] Flush EOS message from queue to avoid it turning up after a seek (09c7addb)
      • [visualisation] Don't restrict the sample buffer to 256 samples (82e35bf3)
      • fixup: Remove build artefact from git tree (5c4547d8)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: patch: Add rootless GPIO user access (PR1112) and RaspiDAC3 support
    • Added: patch: Fix x86 Get() references
    • Added: PR:4310: Update jsoncpp package.mk
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Is there a thread for you Nvidia Legacy builds? My remote and keyboard don't work. Thanks.
(2015-09-09, 21:35)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 14:23)Doktor-X Wrote: why youtube order is not the same after updating to alfa 3

no last correct build is 0902 and i have try clean install
(2015-09-10, 09:37)Hitcher Wrote: Is there a thread for you Nvidia Legacy builds? My remote and keyboard don't work. Thanks.

Not yet, so far you're probably the only person (other than me) using that build.

I hadn't noticed any problems with a Revo3700/Nvidia_Legacy with USB IR remote (VRC-1100), however I've just plugged a USB keyboard in to the Revo and there are no key presses being received within Kodi, not sure why.

I booted OpenELEC with "textmode" appended to the kernel line in extlinux.conf which boots the OS into a text console, and the keyboard is working perfectly there so it doesn't appear to be an OS issue. Hmmm.
(2015-09-10, 10:25)Doktor-X Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 21:35)Milhouse Wrote:

no last correct build is 0902 and i have try clean install

I thought it might be PR7561 and added a comment referencing your post and there's some evidence of changed sort orders but nothing conclusive. Not sure what else to suggest.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10