• 19(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
This skin is massive.Big Grin

Really getting the hang of designing the view types after a couple of days experimentation and understanding the various elements.

One thing I haven't been able to work out yet and I've re-read this thread to see if I've missed it, but how exactly does the video preview block work? I can't navigate to the window to press play from my keyboard, if I press play the video doesn't play within that window, neither does the trailer.

I've watched all the skin preview videos and haven't seen it in action yet.

Has anyone else worked it out?

EDIT : Got it, hadn't realised the visibility condition wasn't set correctly and now that I've got it to work, it offers up more design possibilities. This is so awesome
(2015-09-07, 23:51)Toki Wrote: @Jayz2K

Wow! I'm impressed
just installed the views a while ago and been playing around and have to tell you "Bravo!"

Glad you're satisfied with Wink
Thanks

(2015-09-08, 12:38)Kokonutcreme Wrote: EDIT : Got it, hadn't realised the visibility condition wasn't set correctly and now that I've got it to work, it offers up more design possibilities. This is so awesome

Hehe, yeah, happens to me to forget that too Big Grin
Thanks

One note about the preview video, it also display the music visualisation but I have an issue I will never be able to solve -> almost all the visualisation are not resizable so it completely breaks the view. The only one that works is the directX one. So you have to set it in order for it to work fine or completely disable the visualisation by setting it to none.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Yo mate, first impression WOW ! Smile Really nice work. Have to figure out how to customize views, home etc. ... but i really like it. So, keep it up !
(2015-09-08, 18:11)butchabay Wrote: Yo mate, first impression WOW ! Smile Really nice work. Have to figure out how to customize views, home etc. ... but i really like it. So, keep it up !

Thanks Butch Smile
If you want to have a look at some possibilities and because it seems it helped Toki to undestand the designer, feel free to import the demo.zip located in extra folder. However, it overrides all views. And don't panic, if you do, it takes some time to write a huge amount of settings (don't cancel Wink )
Some more great stuffs to come soon !

What I found useful to understand each of the design elements was to use the screenshots as a reference point to try and replicate. Once I worked that out then playing around with the blocs and changing colour and opacity made more sense.

Jayz2K Didn't know about the demo zip in the extra folder, thanks for the tip. Do you have to extract the colour zip files in order for them to be selected?
Nope, you just have to select the zip. No need to extract it Wink

Version bumped to 0.46 :

- Better SkinShortcuts integration
- Reactivated background in SkinShortcuts (customize background for each section !)
- Takes advantage of Skin.Helper connection
- Added a RIGHT action when widget focused to display the submenu.

Skin.Helper connection allows you to select a large amount of widgets and cycling fanarts for background.

If you want to use the cycling backgrounds, just choose one from the SkinShortcuts configurator (first of the 3 icons in the top right corner of the designer). SkinShortcuts backgrounds show over any picture set in the designer WP section but if you have set the type to "Fanart", it will still show the relevant fanart of the selected widget Wink

You will probably need to set your widgets again since there is some changes in the code.

A huge thank you to BobCratchett for his time, help and parts of the code in improving SkinShortcuts integration.

NOTA : Ensure you have all the latest releases of SkinShortcuts, skin.Helper, KOver for things to work fine. Follow the links in the first post.

Hello, i have few questions
1. On live tv when channel has epg it doesnt say channel name just current epg is visible, i know there is channel logo next to it but some channels dont have logos so i only can see epg information but dont know what channel it is, if channel dont have epg then channel name is displayed, is it possible to see channel name at all times?

2. Music full screen osd, there are no currently playing song artist ... Info, or i dont know how to torn it on?!

3.When artist slideshow starts visualizations fades away, is it possible to play artist slideshow behind visualizations?

4.most of addons dont show thumbs, just addon.png file

Thanks for this great skin and looking forward hearing from you
(2015-09-10, 10:53)Mmmnnn Wrote: Hello, i have few questions
1. On live tv when channel has epg it doesnt say channel name just current epg is visible, i know there is channel logo next to it but some channels dont have logos so i only can see epg information but dont know what channel it is, if channel dont have epg then channel name is displayed, is it possible to see channel name at all times?

Yes, I removed the Channel name because I considered all icons were there (I don't like channels without icons Wink ), and because a difficult design point of KOver is that everything has to fit in a 636x356 pixels square instead of fullscreen. But you're right, there is a lack of channel name in the list, I will see if I can make something for this. For Epg view, you can still set the view in the designer (the first one only because EPG doesn't accept multiple views) with 2 columns and info in the 3rd one. This way, you will see the channel name.

Quote:2. Music full screen osd, there are no currently playing song artist ... Info, or i dont know how to torn it on?!

I'm not really a music user in KODI so I made it simple. However if you want to see the informations of the currently playing song, open the OSD and when controls are showing, press up/down or left/right depending the orientation you gave to your view. This way, you will have more options, including the info button. I will take a closer look to the visualisation design later.

Quote:3.When artist slideshow starts visualizations fades away, is it possible to play artist slideshow behind visualizations?

Yes, you're right, because using other visualisations than directX one covers the artist slideshow. Maybe I will have to add an option to select the display order.

Quote:4.most of addons dont show thumbs, just addon.png file

Which addons ? Works fine for me, however, please consider that many addons have no thumbs, that's why it returns a fallback image Wink

(2015-09-10, 12:39)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 10:53)Mmmnnn Wrote: Hello, i have few questions

Yes, I removed the Channel name because I considered all icons were there (I don't like channels without icons Wink ), and because a difficult design point of KOver is that everything has to fit in a 636x356 pixels square instead of fullscreen. But you're right, there is a lack of channel name in the list, I will see if I can make something for this. For Epg view, you can still set the view in the designer (the first one only because EPG doesn't accept multiple views) with 2 columns and info in the 3rd one. This way, you will see the channel name.

Quote:2. Music full screen osd, there are no currently playing song artist ... Info, or i dont know how to torn it on?!

I'm not really a music user in KODI so I made it simple. However if you want to see the informations of the currently playing song, open the OSD and when controls are showing, press up/down or left/right depending the orientation you gave to your view. This way, you will have more options, including the info button. I will take a closer look to the visualisation design later.

Quote:3.When artist slideshow starts visualizations fades away, is it possible to play artist slideshow behind visualizations?

Yes, you're right, because using other visualisations than directX one covers the artist slideshow. Maybe I will have to add an option to select the display order.

Quote:4.most of addons dont show thumbs, just addon.png file

Which addons ? Works fine for me, however, please consider that many addons have no thumbs, that's why it returns a fallback image Wink

Thanks
@Mmmnnn : I tried a blind mod (on git) to add the channel name when there is no icon but an epg entry. I only made it in the channel section and I have no way to test it since I have all the icons returned by the backend. Can you please give it a test and tell me if that works ?. If it does, I will apply the fix to the widget and epg. Thanks

(2015-09-10, 15:54)Jayz2K Wrote: @Mmmnnn : I tried a blind mod (on git) to add the channel name when there is no icon but an epg entry. I only made it in the channel section and I have no way to test it since I have all the icons returned by the backend. Can you please give it a test and tell me if that works ?. If it does, I will apply the fix to the widget and epg. Thanks

Just installed latest from github, no changes, still cant see channel name, thats ok i can live with that Wink
(2015-09-11, 09:21)Mmmnnn Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 15:54)Jayz2K Wrote: @Mmmnnn : I tried a blind mod (on git) to add the channel name when there is no icon but an epg entry. I only made it in the channel section and I have no way to test it since I have all the icons returned by the backend. Can you please give it a test and tell me if that works ?. If it does, I will apply the fix to the widget and epg. Thanks

Just installed latest from github, no changes, still cant see channel name, thats ok i can live with that Wink

I managed to get somehow your case without channel icon. I made a bunch of test and discovered that even if there is no icon, KODI still think there is one (ListItem.Icon, ListItem.ActualIcon are never empty). That's why my tests fail and it doesn't display the channel name. What if I add the channel name in Bloc 2 (info) ?

(2015-09-11, 13:37)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 09:21)Mmmnnn Wrote:

I managed to get somehow your case without channel icon. I made a bunch of test and discovered that even if there is no icon, KODI still think there is one (ListItem.Icon, ListItem.ActualIcon are never empty). That's why my tests fail and it doesn't display the channel name. What if I add the channel name in Bloc 2 (info) ?
Would be great, thanks
(2015-09-11, 14:02)Mmmnnn Wrote: Would be great, thanks

I added the channel name front of genre in bloc 2.

I also skinned some popup Windows

- DialogExtendedProgressBar
- DialogKaiToast
- DialogMuteBug
- DialogVolumeBar

• 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18