• 48(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Not bad either way, assuming box works well. After VidOn experience though, I'd just be a little wary of relying on vendor for Kodi support vs. Kodi team itself. Unless Zidoo is regarded to have excellent support.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-09-10, 15:37)hdmkv Wrote: Not bad either way, assuming box works well. After VidOn experience though, I'd just be a little wary of relying on vendor for Kodi support vs. Kodi team itself. Unless Zidoo is regarded to have excellent support.
"On the hardware front, Zidoo X6 has features very similar to other RK3368 mini PCs, but one selling point of Zidoo boxes is their regular firmware updates. For example, they may have released Zidoo X1 a bit too early, but they were quick to provide a fix for many of the playback issues found in Kodi."

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/09/10/z...z3lLVwCzRL

it's use "ZD codec" for hardware acceleration this can helpful or right way for quick fresh update fo kodi?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-09-10, 14:56)looun Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 17:29)movie78 Wrote: $100 to $149 i might bite,beyond that then No.

The VidOn box was only $69 Big Grin

on geekbuying pre-sale at 99.00$ (from 129.99$) Sad ...

$99 on geekbuying presale,i am wondering if the price is going to cheaper when it officially go on sale.

Looun did you buy a presale unit?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-09-10, 16:54)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 14:56)looun Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 17:29)movie78 Wrote: $100 to $149 i might bite,beyond that then No.

The VidOn box was only $69 Big Grin

on geekbuying pre-sale at 99.00$ (from 129.99$) Sad ...

$99 on geekbuying presale,i am wondering if the price is going to cheaper when it officially go on sale.

Looun did you buy a presale unit?
no, $99 = 91€ + ship + import tax became 150/160€ in italy and i very happy with picture quality of Q5, but wait some review.

there are 3 thing i don't like:
- not support 10-bit, with new ultra blue ray it be became necessary
- custom kodi... always was abandoned, no refresh
- other box with rockchip have yet many problem( RK3288 box non support 23,976 if i am not in wrong ) , zidoo have good support ( i hope ) but SDK Huh

PS at the moment i have only one dream.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
My Observations colored like this

(2015-09-09, 15:14)hdmkv Wrote: Is this with omxplayer enabled or disabled. Doesn't seem to make any difference. Same with me

Do you only get this with "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D"? Yes. Also, if I disable both 'sync to display' and 'adjust display refresh rate', no issues (but of course everything is shown at 1080p/60 for me). with me "sync with display - BUT with LG TV no problem - whilst Epson Projector big problem - seems like trying to sync forever.

Does it only occur with MVC or do normal SBS files have the issue? Both types (MVC and SBS/TAB). same

Is this with OE 5.95.5? Doesn't matter, with OE 5.95.5 or latest OE 6 (Kodi 16) builds. Or even OSMC, same issue.
only tried OE 5.95.5
(2015-09-10, 17:27)looun Wrote: PS at the moment i have only one dream.
Because of the Marvell chip? Doesn't look like the video you linked to shows the player supports Kodi however.
My HT
Hdmkv, new firmware for himedia, you might adjust first page now :p
I have it, but haven't tested yet; no time until Sunday I'm afraid. looun also has the firmware & may get to it earlier.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to share the download link as I'm already seeing it on a couple of sites, and it doesn't appear exclusive to us beta testers. This is for the English-branded Q5 only. I take no responsibility (it's from HiMedia directly). Download link for v3.0.1 for Q5 (EN).
My HT
Wow thats a big update
You have the one for m3 also?
No, they only sent looun & I the Q5 one.

On a different note, I did the pre-buy of the ZIDOO X6 from GeekBuying. Too curious not to try it out Smile. Appears their support is regarded as pretty good, so hopefully they're more like HiMedia and less like VidOn, Cloud Media & so on.
My HT
(2015-09-11, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: No, they only sent looun & I the Q5 one.

On a different note, I did the pre-buy of the ZIDOO X6 from GeekBuying. Too curious not to try it out Smile. Appears their support is regarded as pretty good, so hopefully they're more like HiMedia and less like VidOn, Cloud Media & so on.

No No No!!!!

Don't force my hand....Laugh

Looks like i have to buy one....
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-09-11, 15:03)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: No, they only sent looun & I the Q5 one.

No No No!!!!

Don't force my hand....Laugh

Looks like i have to buy one....

Honestly i wouldnt buy one for the reason earlier told,.. you're dependant on zidoo to release new firmware everytime kodi upgrades...
THE reason not to buy it
I know, I know, but the idea/possibility of having something like a Q5, but with better 4K capabilities & an obviously faster box is appealing. To movie78, I'd say pick up a Q5 instead as it's a proven 3D player for Kodi, plus as several have reported with excellent (Oppo-like) PQ.
My HT
(2015-09-10, 18:18)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 17:27)looun Wrote: PS at the moment i have only one dream.
Because of the Marvell chip? Doesn't look like the video you linked to shows the player supports Kodi however.

yes,.qdeo over the top soc quality but it's pure linux box.

(2015-09-11, 13:18)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv, new firmware for himedia, you might adjust first page now :p

it's too early.... i see some stutter Undecided, but i need more test

(2015-09-11, 13:59)Skank Wrote: Wow thats a big update

no, only media center app is update and himediaplayer was fixed.
esample there is not option for default subtitle disable.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17