• 98(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-09-10, 04:11)oldpoem Wrote: If it still not solved I suggest you looking into EDID override method. Because your HDMI handskaing information changed so it lost detected supported fornat data.

I think I'll have to try this out. Its just weird that DSPlayer gives me this problem going from windows to fullscreen but MPC-HC never does.
Alright everyone. I just did more testing of my issue and have come to the conclusion that it's is not dsplayer but Kodi / my system as a whole. This issue only happens when I have refresh rate change enabled as I just confirmed I get the same result in my base 15.1 non dx11 install. I guess I'll have to figure a solution out some other way. Right now the EDID override sounds like my best bet. Thanks for all the help. I'll keep you posted with the solution when I resolve it over the next few days
(2015-09-09, 21:11)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-09, 18:58)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for your input oldpoem. I've just setup all profiles etc in madVR but if it perhaps can solve it, it is worth a try, but as far as I remember you are not using xysubfilter but xyvsfilter instead correct?

Yes. But after reset madvr profiles I can use internal filters (which is xysubfilter) & download subtitle without problem. But then I switched back to xyvsfilter filter with mediaconfig / filterconfig per usual. I really doubt using xysubfilter would give me noticeable improvement over xyvsfilter. I can't find different with my eyes even when watched very complex subtitled anime fansub.

Also xyvsfilter is better when use with SVP. XySubfilter impact much performance when use with SVP & Kodi. In my latest test with same settings on same system xysubfilter caused framedrop when use with SVP but when I switched to xyvsfilter it was butter smooth. So I'd suggest anyone who has problem with performance / subtitles not showing to try xyvsfilter instead.
Thanks for the answer. My problem doesn't lie in madvr I think. I have now tried on 3 different computers and each time it crashes when downloading subtitles when using smb. When playing internal stuff it's okay. And have also tried to reset madvr.

The problem DOESN'T occur if no external subtitle are present. If external .srt are there then there's a crash.

What can the problem be on my smb configuration?

Have you guys specified user and password when using smb path or jus "windows network (smb)"

And question 2. How do I get xyvsfilter to load instead then. I have moved my filters now it's all internal. I've installed xyvsfilter and marked it as an extra filter in DS menu, but it doesn't get selected as default.
(2015-09-11, 08:40)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for the answer. My problem doesn't lie in madvr I think. I have now tried on 3 different computers and each time it crashes when downloading subtitles when using smb. When playing internal stuff it's okay. And have also tried to reset madvr.

The problem DOESN'T occur if no external subtitle are present. If external .srt are there then there's a crash.

Have you guys specified user and password when using smb path or jus "windows network (smb)"

And question 2. How do I get xyvsfilter to load instead then. I have moved my filters now it's all internal. I've installed xyvsfilter and marked it as an extra filter in DS menu, but it doesn't get selected as default.

All my media is on SMB shares (Win10) with username / password. I entered it when added source first time & checked remember password button.

You can't use xyvsfilter with internal filter option because xysubfilter was set as default and is unable to changed. You have to use mediaconfig / filtersconfig.

To see if it's madvr related problem or your smb settings problem, try this method.

Install 15.1 DSplayer and set video renderer to EVR and try download subtitles. And try with madvr as video renderer. If EVR works fine something wrong with your madvr settings. But if both crashed maybe your smb setting was the problem. Maybe you didn't give it delete permission? Because when there already is external subtitle it has to be deleted before new one can be written in same folder with the same name.
(2015-09-11, 11:24)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 08:40)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for the answer. My problem doesn't lie in madvr I think. I have now tried on 3 different computers and each time it crashes when downloading subtitles when using smb. When playing internal stuff it's okay. And have also tried to reset madvr.

All my media is on SMB shares (Win10) with username / password. I entered it when added source first time & checked remember password button.

You can't use xyvsfilter with internal filter option because xysubfilter was set as default and is unable to changed. You have to use mediaconfig / filtersconfig.

To see if it's madvr related problem or your smb settings problem, try this method.

Install 15.1 DSplayer and set video renderer to EVR and try download subtitles. And try with madvr as video renderer. If EVR works fine something wrong with your madvr settings. But if both crashed maybe your smb setting was the problem. Maybe you didn't give it delete permission? Because when there already is external subtitle it has to be deleted before new one can be written in same folder with the same name.
Hmm. very interesting. where do I give it delete permission?
Do you mean" allow file renaming and deletion in filelists should be enabled?
(2015-09-11, 11:54)Bjur Wrote: Hmm. very interesting. where do I give it delete permission?
Do you mean" allow file renaming and deletion in filelists should be enabled?

Nope. It should be how you set your server smb shares whether it's windows os or linux os. Give it full control, since your usage require deletion given read & wrtie access is probably not enough.
I’m experiencing an issue with DSPlayer where videos fail to load if they are located on an SMB network share and have the “@” character anywhere in the path, such as in the following cases:
SMB://SERVER/Test/[email protected]
SMB://SERVER/T@st/Test.mkv

I have tested a number of scenarios and the same file loads normally when:
- Renamed to remove the "@" (e.g., "SMB://SERVER/Test/Test.mkv")
- Moved to a local path (e.g., "C:\Test\[email protected]")
- Opened using DVDPlayer

Tested on the following OS and DSPlayer versions:
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Windows 10 (64-bit)
DSPlayer build 20150826-66c524b.
DSPlayer build 20150906-9c30400

Tested using the following configuration:
Internal DSPlayer filters
madVR 0.88.21
ReClock 1.8.8.5

Please see the following link for a debug log from one of the failed test cases:
http://pastebin.com/NYSQynME

Can somebody else reproduce this issue? Please let me know if any additional information is required.
(2015-09-12, 06:00)nequam Wrote: I’m experiencing an issue with DSPlayer where videos fail to load if they are located on an SMB network share and have the “@” character anywhere in the path, such as in the following cases:
SMB://SERVER/Test/[email protected]
SMB://SERVER/T@st/Test.mkv

thx for reporting, fixed for the next release of DSPlayer
I wonder what are the real advantages of xySubFilter when compared to xy-VSFilter, considering the huge (in my humble opinion) disadvantage of xySubFilter not being currently able to render subs on black bars. Coming from Kodi "standard", seeing subs rendered on top of 2:35 movies is a real pain.

I know I can configure DSPlayer to use whatever subs filter I want, but I question the choice of xySubFilter as default for internal filters, when it shows such a regression in behaviour for somebody coming from Kodi. Just my two cents...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-09-12, 12:43)ashlar Wrote: I wonder what are the real advantages of xySubFilter when compared to xy-VSFilter, considering the huge (in my humble opinion) disadvantage of xySubFilter not being currently able to render subs on black bars. Coming from Kodi "standard", seeing subs rendered on top of 2:35 movies is a real pain.

this is a madVR situation, xysubfilter it's absolutely able to render on black bar
it could be fixed with the next releases since currently madshi development it's focused on black bar detection and zoom
For me xysubfilter didn't cut it, some files with vobsub/pgs subtitles won't show while it works fine with xyvsfilter. Also xysubfilter impact performance so much while I used SVP. So I still don't know what is real advantage of Xysubfilter, I can't see any noticeable better improvement over xyvsfilter though.
(2015-09-12, 13:27)oldpoem Wrote: For me xysubfilter didn't cut it, some files with vobsub/pgs subtitles won't show while it works fine with xyvsfilter. Also xysubfilter impact performance so much while I used SVP. So I still don't know what is real advantage of Xysubfilter, I can't see any noticeable better improvement over xyvsfilter though.

i don't know much about xysubfilter/xyvsfilter, anyway the most important thing it's that with xyvsfilter the sub are printed directly on the picture as a post processing filter

with xyvsfilter and a movie in SD the subs are rendered with a SD resolution and then stretched into a fullhd/4k television togheter with the picture, you will have always the sub rendered in SD

instead with xysubfilter the sub are rendered with a custom interface ISubRenderConsumer that it's able to render the subtitle at full native resoution so directly in fullhd or 4k even if the movie has a SD resolution

so when you set xyvsfilter to show the subs on the black bar it's like you are adding a black bar at the picture just to show there the subs
(2015-09-12, 12:59)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 12:43)ashlar Wrote: I wonder what are the real advantages of xySubFilter when compared to xy-VSFilter, considering the huge (in my humble opinion) disadvantage of xySubFilter not being currently able to render subs on black bars. Coming from Kodi "standard", seeing subs rendered on top of 2:35 movies is a real pain.

this is a madVR situation, xysubfilter it's absolutely able to render on black bar
it could be fixed with the next releases since currently madshi development it's focused on black bar detection and zoom
yes, aracnoz, I'm aware of that. I've asked madshi a couple of times about that, the last one with direct reference to the black bar detection algorithms. He replied that black bars subs rendering will arrive but it's not related to black bar detection.

And my point is absolutely limited to your DSPlayer environment. You rightly chose to get as close to an "out of the box" good experience and my point is that for a "normal" Kodi user subtitles rendering on top of 2:35 or 1:85 video content are a thing in the past. A clear regression. Personally I know how to use VSFilter if I want and I can wait for madshi to implement subs black rendering, no big deal. But for the moment, for the standard installation, my view is that it should use VSFilter, as it brings it closer to Kodi's normal behaviour. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
actually the standard installation it's made to give the best quality available and according what cyberbeing says "XySubFilter - High Quality Subtitle Rendering" i'm on the right path

i already explained why it's considered to have better quality

i know that for you it's most important to have the sub on the black bars, maybe for another one it's most important to have the sub at best native resolution, who knows

XySubFilter it's the future instead probably there will never be a new version of XyVSFilter, so when madshi will add new features to render on black bars DSPlayer will be ready to use these features without any changes

sorry, XySubFilter will stay as default filter for internal configuration
Ashlar, It's all about options. Using mediaconfig / filtersconfig always give you more freedom. Internal filters is for newbie to get easier to use kodi dsplayer. Maybe next version we would see internal madvr renderer so DSplayer package would works out of the box without the need to download madvr separately.

Also I don't set subtitle to render on black bar so it was not big deal. Subtitles not showing & performance hit are dealbreakers for me. Lately I'm back to SVP for anime files so it is better to use xyvsfilter in that case.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47