• 46(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2015-09-11, 12:48)Mangoes Wrote: Now other than my only remaining issue of the cursor jumping down everytime after scrolling down 20 or so files in a directory (using harmony remote), all seems fine with this build.

Found out what the problem is: it seems to be a bug with the file directories being refreshed non-stop in a loop every 3 to 7 seconds.

It has nothing to do with the scrolling or the remote (the scrolling problem is only a result of the directory being refreshed automatically while scrolling).

Even when I leave the directory listing without touching it, it will refresh the listing (and thus reload the fanart backround and file poster - while it does this I can see the blue confluence background during 1 second while it reloads), and it does this in a loop every 3 to 7 seconds and never stops doing this (I left it on sitting like this for 20 minutes, every 3 to 7 seconds it reloads the screen).

So when scrolling, the selected file jumps to the top of the screen.

In short:
The screen is blinking every 3 to 7 seconds as it constantly refreshes the directory listing and reloads the fanart and poster. It never stops doing this (every 3 to 7 seconds).

Thanks.
Please file this on trac.kodi.tv, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-11, 15:12)fritsch Wrote: Please file this on trac.kodi.tv, please.

Done: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16252
(2015-09-11, 07:33)fritsch Wrote: New images / tar for today's version are here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

Changelog:
- Fix Audio / Video Sync when "Sync Playback to Display" is disabled, e.g. when users use passthrough.
- Fixup Adjust Refreshrate to match video. We now also can change resolutions, use case: Gui @ 1080p60 -> switch to 4k@24 when a matching movie, e.g. refreshrate is 24 is to be played. This is especially a use case for Intel Boxes that can only output 4k@30 max and therefore LiveTV content (1080i50) should be played at 1080p50. Note: if you have such a setup, we recommend to run the GUI in 1080 mode as kodi's GUI scaler is just low quality. It will automatically switch up when content is played which fps <= max refreshrate at 4k.

Fernet just pushed 5 minutes ago, I did not get the change by spiff to load ffmpeg tags, so for dsf and mka tags you need to wait until tomorrow.

Okay... Testing this latest one on my C1037UN-EU box: videos still play fine, although with Lanczos-3 I get upto 2-3 skips per second on a 4K h.264 29.97fps 100+ Mb/s video. Hadn't noticed the skips before, but I take it the Ivy Bridge gpu is biting off more than it can chew here. With bilinear (or Auto) selected, there are no skips in the same video.

Audio has changed a bit now. With the previous builds, audio always started blank for a full second after the video when resumed after a pause. Now the audio starts immediately as well, but .. there is still a mini-hiccup, 1 second after resuming the video. Confused
For the record, here is the debug log. http://sprunge.us/Yfib

Will do some more testing later on to see if the audio hiccup also occurs with less complicated videos.

EDIT: I have been tricked for some reason. Now, even with Lanczos-3 and OSD display on, I now have no skips on that 4K h264 video. Just 1 or 2 skips during pausing and resume. Laugh
(2015-09-11, 15:51)Klojum Wrote: [quote='fritsch' pid='2102943' dateline='1441949612']

Audio has changed a bit now. With the previous builds, audio always started blank for a full second after the video when resumed after a pause. Now the audio starts immediately as well, but .. there is still a mini-hiccup, 1 second after resuming the video. Confused

Yes i confirm too
Btw. if you have the LG testing file in your directory:

Quote:15:56:23 T:140122838267648 DEBUG: ExtractThumb - measured 39331 ms to extract thumb from file <nfs://192.168.178.22/mnt/data/tosort/demo_files/h265/LG_4K_View-the-Feeling.mp4> in 321 packets.

that will cause 39 seconds of high load on one core - better remove it :-)

Edit: mkvmerge -o newname.mkv LG_4K_View-the-Feeling.mp4 will fix that, you need a new enough mkvutils version that can do hevc. After it is correctly converted (check file size), remove the other mp4.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok tried new jarvis build with 1080p h.264/265 and sd content no problem

One thing that i cannot set vaapi motion compensated ..i see that now default is lanczos 3
One is a scaler, the other one is a deinterlacer.

As you don't watch any interlaced content - don't touch the deinterlacing settings at all.
I tried with an interlaced film (no tv content) before was set to motion compensated now there isn't in the list

I will try to restart / change the skin to default (first time to see motion compensated it needed a restart
If that film uses software acceleration it won't be there of course ... as always: logfile will tell.
So - I did some further tests with these 4096 samples and must say: They are broken everywhere. On gstreamer (tested by Timo) at the drop positions garbage happens. With sw decoding (Core i5 quad core 3400 mhz) the very same drops at the same position. Also mpv shows those issues.

So until someone besides rbej proves me otherwise I will say the samples are broken.

Edit: I was wrong. I tested on a windows computer with mpc-hc and here all is fine. So something is broken ... digging further ...
totem with libde265 works
vlc also works

It seems ffmpeg based players have an issue here / including gstreamer which uses something totally different.
(2015-09-11, 07:33)fritsch Wrote: New images / tar for today's version are here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

Changelog:
- Fix Audio / Video Sync when "Sync Playback to Display" is disabled, e.g. when users use passthrough.
- Fixup Adjust Refreshrate to match video. We now also can change resolutions, use case: Gui @ 1080p60 -> switch to 4k@24 when a matching movie, e.g. refreshrate is 24 is to be played. This is especially a use case for Intel Boxes that can only output 4k@30 max and therefore LiveTV content (1080i50) should be played at 1080p50. Note: if you have such a setup, we recommend to run the GUI in 1080 mode as kodi's GUI scaler is just low quality. It will automatically switch up when content is played which fps <= max refreshrate at 4k.

Fernet just pushed 5 minutes ago, I did not get the change by spiff to load ffmpeg tags, so for dsf and mka tags you need to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks fritsch for this build. I play a little with the new "Adjust Refreshrate".

My review for this first try :
GUI set to 1080p60 -> no problem switching between GUI and videos is OK
Now for the videos:
all 24 fps videos are displayed at 4096x2160@24
all 25 fps videos are displayed at 1920x1080@50
all 30 fps videos are displayed at 2560x1440@60
all 50 fps videos are displayed at 1920x1080@50
wathever the resolution !
e.g 3840x2160@50 -> 1920x1080@50 and 640x360@24 -> 4096x2160@24

Displaying 360p videos at 2160p is a bit annoying with bilinear upscale ( lanczos and others give drop and skip ) and the TV upscale give better result.
Could it be possible to display only 4k videos at 4k resolution and leave 360p,480p,1080p at 1080p resolution ?
Also 3840x2160@25 videos are displayed at 1920x1080@50 but I have a 3840x2160@25 mode, Isn't it better to use the native framerate at full resolution ?
Yeah, I thought about that and we most likely need a setting.

can you give us:

DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr please?

I thought about exactly the issues you now have and I think we need to configure that properly. As this is really, really advanced now - I think about doing it as advancedsetting, e.g. enableresswitching + maxscreenwidth.

What I did not think about is the really small files, that our scaling performance would suck :-) that would need a third setting. I am not fully clear here of what we should do.
If you have good idea on howto build a concept so that users easily understand it, now would be the time! How would such a setting look like?
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr -> http://pastebin.com/aq0RSAj2

If possible I would prefer for resolution < 4k to upscale at max at 1080p so that kodi upscale for example 360p to 1080p ( with lanczos or spline upscale) and let the TV upscale from 1080p to 2160p. And only let the 4k videos using the 2160p mode.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18