• 50(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Think 5 to 6 stutters per movie is still too many. Just IMO. Guess we'll find out for sure as more users test and report back.

(2015-09-11, 22:35)movie78 Wrote: This is where you bought yours from?
Himedia Q5
Yes, and got the English version, but I'd make sure with seller before buying as you don't want to end up with the Chinese version. I got my other one from Futeko (costlier due to DHL from UK to US). I'll probably only keep one of mine as I'm using my RPi2's more.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-09-11, 23:57)hdmkv Wrote: Think 5 to 6 stutters per movie is still too many. Just IMO. Guess we'll find out for sure as more users test and report back.

Himedia Q5
Yes, and got the English version, but I'd make sure with seller before buying as you don't want to end up with the Chinese version.

6 stutter in total for all test movie . Some not stutter , some one some two . I think the problem is NAS to busy. Playback from pc shared no stutter.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Oh, okay. I see someone in the Q10 firmware thread @ Futeko report stutter as well, so let's see if this is a real issue or not as more post their impressions. I'm in the middle of re-doing my home theater room, so no testing for couple weeks.
My HT
Smile 
(2015-09-12, 00:35)hdmkv Wrote: Oh, okay. I see someone in the Q10 firmware thread @ Futeko report stutter as well, so let's see if this is a real issue or not as more post their impressions. I'm in the middle of re-doing my home theater room, so no testing for couple weeks.

There we go againLaugh
I just finish redoing my.
Went 115" to 124"
7.1 to 7.1.4
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-09-12, 00:04)looun Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 23:57)hdmkv Wrote: Think 5 to 6 stutters per movie is still too many. Just IMO. Guess we'll find out for sure as more users test and report back.

Himedia Q5
Yes, and got the English version, but I'd make sure with seller before buying as you don't want to end up with the Chinese version.

6 stutter in total for all test movie . Some not stutter , some one some two . I think the problem is NAS to busy. Playback from pc shared no stutter.

If the playback doesn't stutter from PC,that's a good sign for me, i only have Windows servers.
Got rid of NAS drive long time ago.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-09-12, 00:04)looun Wrote:

Himedia Q5

Have you tried increasing the buffer size in Kodi? I think it is possible to increase the size of the buffer which will mean it is less likely to empty during short bursts of NAS activity?
(2015-09-11, 20:07)movie78 Wrote: After almost a year, you will think they would drop the price on the Q5.

no, Undecided same price from 1 year

(2015-09-11, 23:31)3dgeek Wrote: I am also emotional when I fall in love with a toy - but I guess your emotions overwhelmed you ;-)

Just because of new firmware greater 3D effect and a Plasma turning into an OLED. Angel

If the player really got that much better then Himedia should be applauded.

always i do same test 3D every time:
Star Trek Into Darkness: begin scene (running into tree, inside volcano and starship start)
- there are visible improvements of 3d and picture quality.

Pacific rim: begin scene, not change 3d but good definition.

Transformers.Age.of.Extinction: begin scene alien attack,
- at 41 second fly ship it's good test for 23,976 and there is 1 stutter , but not after.
- first battle ( prime capture ) good test for 3d,stutter and PQ, there are visible improvements of 3d and picture quality, not stutter.

Edge.of.Tomorrow: fist attack to france
- take off airplane it's good test for back surround and stutter ( low sequence) , not stutter.
- the battle it's good test(fast sequence ) for ghost,flicker, audio,stutter , 1 stutter

- Jupiter.Ascending: space sequence and fight in the city
there are visible improvements of 3d and picture quality.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: begin scene and first battle in underground.
- are good test for 3d ghost(darkness or bright background), stutter, PQ.
no ghost and good PQ , 1 stutter.
- Good test for atoms support, no problem.

and some 2d test like:
- Battle.Los.Angeles.2011.4K.REMASTERED: fist scence to fly to battle:
good test for picture quality and stutter ( low sequence), there are visible picture quality and not stutter.

(2015-09-12, 00:35)hdmkv Wrote: Oh, okay. I see someone in the Q10 firmware thread @ Futeko report stutter as well, so let's see if this is a real issue or not as more post their impressions. I'm in the middle of re-doing my home theater room, so no testing for couple weeks.

All player i have had on playback have some stutter also PCH A400 / htpc kodi.
For me Q5 + my plasma are best choice for film and q5 + hicontrol + spotify best way to listen music.
This Thread it's too good see different player different people's choice.

(2015-09-12, 01:43)movie78 Wrote:

There we go againLaugh
I just finish redoing my.
Went 115" to 124"
7.1 to 7.1.4

i waiting DTS:X Tongue

(2015-09-12, 09:36)noggin Wrote: Have you tried increasing the buffer size in Kodi? I think it is possible to increase the size of the buffer which will mean it is less likely to empty during short bursts of NAS activity?

no , q5 use external player
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Wanted to update popcornmix if you're still checking this thread, with my RPi2 issue I reported (post #692 and on), but really an issue I've always had with my RPi2 (I have two), and 3dgeek also confirmed, no matter the AVR in between and/or displays used...

The issue does indeed go away if "Sync playback to display" is disabled. I can leave "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled thankfully so 23.976 is displayed at 23.976, 24 at 24, and so on. Other settings (full 3D HDMI, omxplayer, etc.) have zero impact (enabled or not) on the issue.

In any case, PQ is smooth with perfect framerate with just "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled, but odd why "Sync playback to display" causes no signal issues. Don't fully understand the benefits of having it enabled, but reading this, it sounds like a 'nice to have' as it appears to alter the speed of the video playback to better match the capabilities of the display in question. But, if you have a capable display, not necessary, at least how I understand it.
My HT
(2015-09-12, 15:25)hdmkv Wrote: In any case, PQ is smooth with perfect framerate with just "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled, but odd why "Sync playback to display" causes no signal issues. Don't fully understand the benefits of having it enabled, but reading this, it sounds like a 'nice to have' as it appears to alter the speed of the video playback to better match the capabilities of the display in question. But, if you have a capable display, not necessary, at least how I understand it.

The real benefit of "Sync Playback to Display" is if you have player hardware that doesn't cope with 23.976 or 59.94Hz and only copes with 24.000 or 60.00Hz output. Normally you would end up with a repeated frame every 40" or so - creating a stutter (for 23.976 at 24.000). But if you enable "Sync Playback to Display" then rather than duping a frame to keep things in sync, it resamples or drop/dupes audio frames to keep things in sync, and you don't get the the visual disturbance of a repeated frame.

However the PI / Pi 2 are capable of high quality 23.976/24.000Hz output - so you shouldn't need "Sync Playback to Display" to work around this.

It can also be useful if you live in 50Hz-land (Europe, Aus, NZ, large parts of Asia) and have 23.976/24.000Hz content but don't have a "24p" friendly display and would have to watch this content at 59.94 or 60.00Hz with 3:2 pulldown. Rather than doing that it is possible to watch this content at 25.000Hz with speed-up (as it would be shown on TV) and with 2:2 pulldown for smoother playback than 3:2 would offer.

(However Kodi doesn't, AFAIK, do pitch correction as broadcasters usually do with their speed up from 23.976 to 25.000Hz)
Great explanation, thanks. Once I disabled "Sync playback to display" in my RPi2's, they just work better (no signal loss issues, or video w/audio, or similar).
My HT
(2015-09-12, 12:02)looun Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 20:07)movie78 Wrote:

i waiting DTS:X Tongue

Looking into upgrading my AVR to a DTS X by next week:Laugh
(2015-09-12, 23:52)movie78 Wrote: Looking into upgrading my AVR to a DTS X by next week:Laugh
And let me guess, you will be watching Ex Machina Wink
(2015-09-13, 06:05)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 23:52)movie78 Wrote: Looking into upgrading my AVR to a DTS X by next week:Laugh
And let me guess, you will be watching Ex Machina Wink

How did you knowHuh

The DTS X firmware wouldn't be available until November or December according to sources.
Just getting ready for it.
Only ex machina has dts x for now, which is released
Not hard to guess
(2015-09-13, 09:53)Skank Wrote: Only ex machina has dts x for now, which is released
Not hard to guess

I don't think movie78 was being serious with that question.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17