• 99(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Hi, little question about correct colour space output settings.

my TV is a sony 4k, using an nvidia gtx960, connected via HDMI directly to TV.

Nvidia settings say only limited range, cant even change to full, ok.

when using the regular dx11 version i also see in test screen all circles, so limited in kodi is fine when using regular version,
also on live tv the black bars are real black, looking all good.

now when using the dsplayer version all screen is "brighter" when setting to limited range, also cant see black circles on test screen anymore ...
when i change to 0-255 screen looks better but also not all circles are visible in test screen.

as dsplayer uses its own renderer i thought dont bother with it ... but now when i turn on same live tv picture my black bars aint real black anymore, also looking
almost like clouding, like by far to bright ... i also setted my display to 16-235 in madVR, also in LAV to 16-235, no difference at all ...

may any suggestions what todo to get correct color space with limited output in this case ?

also using mediaportal as tvbackend, installed all latest test files (exe, tsreader.ax, updated xml files, updated dll on server),
when i put this in my advancedxml "<useuncpathsforlivetv>true</useuncpathsforlivetv>" i always get dsplayer cant open channel,
when i remove this line tv works ... just likes to crash on channel switches sometimes but its a test Wink

thanks ahead.
Hi,

I finally discovered the issue with no playback.

It does not work when trying to playback media from a network share in my case qnap nas drive and accessing the media using nfs share.

As soon as I tried it with locally stored file it worked perfect it the same file I was testing on the network share.

So NFS shares is a no go hope it gets fixed.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
I'm
(2015-09-12, 22:39)alturismo Wrote: Hi, little question about correct colour space output settings.

my TV is a sony 4k, using an nvidia gtx960, connected via HDMI directly to TV.

Nvidia settings say only limited range, cant even change to full, ok.

when using the regular dx11 version i also see in test screen all circles, so limited in kodi is fine when using regular version,
also on live tv the black bars are real black, looking all good.

now when using the dsplayer version all screen is "brighter" when setting to limited range, also cant see black circles on test screen anymore ...
when i change to 0-255 screen looks better but also not all circles are visible in test screen.

as dsplayer uses its own renderer i thought dont bother with it ... but now when i turn on same live tv picture my black bars aint real black anymore, also looking
almost like clouding, like by far to bright ... i also setted my display to 16-235 in madVR, also in LAV to 16-235, no difference at all ...

may any suggestions what todo to get correct color space with limited output in this case ?

also using mediaportal as tvbackend, installed all latest test files (exe, tsreader.ax, updated xml files, updated dll on server),
when i put this in my advancedxml "<useuncpathsforlivetv>true</useuncpathsforlivetv>" i always get dsplayer cant open channel,
when i remove this line tv works ... just likes to crash on channel switches sometimes but its a test Wink

thanks ahead.

Set madVR to 0-255 when outputting limited range to avoid clipping the input. Also, check the set-up guide. This is all explained in detail. You might need to play with the calibration settings in madVR, especially the gamma curve.

If limited looks good with DVDPlayer, I question whether your GPU is not outputting full range.
[/quote]

Set madVR to 0-255 when outputting limited range to avoid clipping the input. Also, check the set-up guide. This is all explained in detail. You might need to play with the calibration settings in madVR, especially the gamma curve.

If limited looks good with DVDPlayer, I question whether your GPU is not outputting full range.
[/quote]

ok, 1st thanks for reply, just to make sure i explained myself correctly, yes, GPU and TV are setted to limited range only.
probably only available cause resolution is on 2160p60, 1080p i can also chooses full range in nvidia settings, here only limited.

"wrong" color output alredy starts in kodi GUI, i cant get all circles shown in test pattern with dsplayer version, nvm wich one i use (august, september, ...),
in the standard kodi directx11 version test pattern set to limited range looking all perfect, i thought GUI is also DX11 rendered now on dsplayer
version and should give me the same result as the dsplayer version in GUI wich isnt the case.
as the GUI aint the important thing now nvm, just wondering why thats the case.

i will try the setup guide again and look what i may missed in case of color space setup cause more important is the playback issue where the color space
seems not correcty due an sonehow to bright picture, pretty good visible by comparing the black bars on a cinema movie,
- kodi directx11 standard edition color space looking fine, picture quality good
. kodi dsplayer edition color space way away from good here, pictury quality seems better already without using all features already Wink

thanks again
Tried new version, especially with MP Tv server and new speed improvements.
Very good! Now dsplayer is quite useable with live tv!
Two requests.
I've noticed that EVR support has been dropped in last revision.
Can it be put back? I think that madVR for 3735 atom tablets and in general for not high capable cpus-gpus is a little bit overhead, and has battery drain.
@*Roma*
I've noticed that channel chabge speed with your improvements is very good, but the first channel selected takes very long (10-15 secs). After the first channel, the others change with great speed. Obviously this doesn't happen with dvdplayer or MP. Can it be improved?
Thank you,
sdf
Anyone else having kodi Crash when adding FFDShow Raw filter for SVP?
(2015-09-13, 12:53)XTrojan Wrote: Anyone else having kodi Crash when adding FFDShow Raw filter for SVP?

It works fine here.
(2015-09-13, 14:04)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-13, 12:53)XTrojan Wrote: Anyone else having kodi Crash when adding FFDShow Raw filter for SVP?

It works fine here.

I got it fixed but disabled it again, my TV either doesn't like "Interpolation" or it's just common on blurays to have artifacts on sharp scenes with mixed colors.

I tried SVP and the TVs interpolation itself, same result, on sharp scenes with major color changes = artifacts, guess i won't be able to get smooth motion without frame blending which causes a blurry image Confused.

For some reason the smoothest i could get is playing at 50Hz with speeding the video up to 25Hz.

I hope the new UHD Blu-ray format gets here fast since it's gonna have natural 60p playback so we'll have to skip this interpolation or blending bullcrap.
(2015-09-12, 17:37)aracnoz Wrote: actually the standard installation it's made to give the best quality available and according what cyberbeing says "XySubFilter - High Quality Subtitle Rendering" i'm on the right path

i already explained why it's considered to have better quality

i know that for you it's most important to have the sub on the black bars, maybe for another one it's most important to have the sub at best native resolution, who knows

XySubFilter it's the future instead probably there will never be a new version of XyVSFilter, so when madshi will add new features to render on black bars DSPlayer will be ready to use these features without any changes

sorry, XySubFilter will stay as default filter for internal configuration
Fine for me, as I mentioned I wasn't thinking about me but more about the Kodi user coming to DSPlayer and expecting subs behaviour as in standard Kodi as far as placement is concerned.
The only think I don't see in my setup, using xyVSfilter, is subs being rendered in SD and then stretched to HD. I set "Renderer layout option" to 1920x1080 and text based subs (ie. SRT) are rendered at native resolution. So I don't understand where the "rendered at high res" is coming from. I am surely missing something.

In any case, aracnoz, it's your choice and I fully respect it (even more so considering that your DSPlayer gives me the option to do as I prefer). Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Also tried to add a samba share from my qnap for test I can see the folder but no content it's weird hence why I could kit play anything over the network.
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
(2015-09-13, 07:16)sdfg Wrote: Tried new version, especially with MP Tv server and new speed improvements.
Very good! Now dsplayer is quite useable with live tv!
Thanks for feedback.

(2015-09-13, 07:16)sdfg Wrote: @*Roma*
I've noticed that channel chabge speed with your improvements is very good, but the first channel selected takes very long (10-15 secs). After the first channel, the others change with great speed. Obviously this doesn't happen with dvdplayer or MP. Can it be improved?
Thank you,
sdf
On my system, it takes about 6sec(refresh rate change takes about 3sec), can you post a debug log?
(2015-09-13, 15:32)XTrojan Wrote: I hope the new UHD Blu-ray format gets here fast since it's gonna have natural 60p playback so we'll have to skip this interpolation or blending bullcrap.

The framerate of most movies will likely still be 24hz, so I don't think you will get 60p playback without 3/2 pulldown.

Encoding a movie a 2160p60 would take up a huge amount of space on a Blu-ray and seems unlikely. Some recent 3D movies have been shot at 48hz. That may be the best you can hope for. Although, Avatar 2 is supposedly 60hz.
I noticed the difference between xyVSfilter and xySubfilter. Subs get rendered at video's resolution, so HD stuff looks good on 1080p display but SD stuff gets scaled great by madVR while subs look not so good.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-09-13, 15:32)XTrojan Wrote: I got it fixed but disabled it again, my TV either doesn't like "Interpolation" or it's just common on blurays to have artifacts on sharp scenes with mixed colors.

I tried SVP and the TVs interpolation itself, same result, on sharp scenes with major color changes = artifacts, guess i won't be able to get smooth motion without frame blending which causes a blurry image Confused.

For some reason the smoothest i could get is playing at 50Hz with speeding the video up to 25Hz.

I hope the new UHD Blu-ray format gets here fast since it's gonna have natural 60p playback so we'll have to skip this interpolation or blending bullcrap.

There're always tradeoff because real film shot in 24fps manner except special case like Avatar. You need to configure SVP to get less artifact and suit your system but there isn't universal template and require trial & error. I prefer SVP for anime which gives me a much smoorher and better overall quality. Sometimes I watched TV Show with it too. Much better viewing experience for me than madvr smoothmotion.

It's subjective whether you prefer smooth viewing but artifacts here and there or no artifacts but small judder here and there. It's a choice you probably has to chose it yourself.
Good morning

I wonder if you can operate SmoothVideo Project with DSPlayer.

Thank you
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47