Req Ability to Suppress or Delay "Please Wait" and Progress Bar OSD
Running an add-on like CinemaVision can truly enhance the KODI home theater experience, especially when it's set up to play your own personalized home theater intros and video bumpers. When a sequence/video begins, however, KODI often diminishes the theater feel with a "Please Wait" or progress bar that momentarily pops up. Would it be possible to add an option in KODI to either suppress or delay this portion of the OSD so that the user can define how long KODI should wait before the OSD pops up?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
That would be wonderful...
Skins can do this with a delayed WindowOpen animation on the busy dialog, or make it less jarring with a fade-in or something. Talk to your favorite skinner! Smile

There used to be an option in advancedsettings.xml, but it was removed for whatever reason.
I wrote Gade (the skinner for Rapier) about it prior submitting this feature request and he believes there's not much that can be done about it.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
The add-on author provided a boolean condition for things like this, so why not use that?

Quote:Detect Running Status
This property returns a value of True if CinemaVision is running.
Code:
!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))

Just add <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible> to the DialogBusy.xml

Works for me.
Hey thanks Steveb for the suggestion. Where do I find the DialogBusy.xml? I'm accessing the RPi2 running OpenELEC via Samba but can't find it.
Hi MidnightWatcher.

I added the boolean condition for CinemaVision to the busy dialog.

When you get the next development update, please check if everything works as expected and that the busy dialog is hidden when using the CinemaVision add-on.
Thanks Gade, will do! My favorite skin keeps getting better. Smile
(2015-09-14, 19:41)Gade Wrote: Hi MidnightWatcher.

When you get the next development update, please check if everything works as expected and that the busy dialog is hidden when using the CinemaVision add-on.

Is it synced with github yet, couldn't find commit for it.
(2015-09-15, 10:50)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 19:41)Gade Wrote: Hi MidnightWatcher.

Is it synced with github yet, couldn't find commit for it.

If you wait 5-10 minutes, It will be on Github Smile

The development version will have to wait a while.

EDIT: I just pushed to Github. Latest commit in master branch.
(2015-09-14, 01:29)Steveb Wrote: The add-on author provided a boolean condition for things like this, so why not use that?
Quote:Detect Running Status
This property returns a value of True if CinemaVision is running.
Code:
!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))

Just add <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible> to the DialogBusy.xml

Works for me. 
Where exactly in dialogbusy do you place this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to Suppress or Delay "Please Wait" and Progress Bar OSD1