• 101(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-09-15, 16:50)Dom61 Wrote: Because the official version born without DSPlayer and these magnificent opportunity to enter various filters?

It has been discussed a million times before. Read this thread carefully then you might understand why. In short DSPlayer will stay unofficial build for KODI in foreseeable future.

And yes if aracnoz decided to leave this project, that's that until someone came along and pick it up again. It has been through that situation 2 times before that main developer discontinued this project.

ฺBut since this latest build has moved on to build on top of beta dx11 branch. Even without new features added, it is most likely to be updated with official KODI in near future unless there was drastic change.
(2015-09-15, 17:08)oldpoem Wrote: It has been discussed a million times before. Read this thread carefully then you might understand why. In short DSPlayer will stay unofficial build for KODI in foreseeable future.

And yes if aracnoz decided to leave this project, that's that until someone came along and pick it up again. It has been through that situation 2 times before that main developer discontinued this project.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I apologize for not having read the whole thread, as I learned recently of this release
"modified"

Greetings
I have SVP and MADvr working fine MPC-HC, in Kodi, using Internal filters and set External FFdshow Raw, filters work ok when playing, how I active smooth option, SVP is not working for me when using Kodi, I have message waiting for ffdshow video. when playing SVP enter in pause. Any tip how I fix...

Thanks
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-09-15, 23:00)Wanilton Wrote: I have SVP and MADvr working fine MPC-HC, in Kodi, using Internal filters and set External FFdshow Raw, filters work ok when playing, how I active smooth option, SVP is not working for me when using Kodi, I have message waiting for ffdshow video. when playing SVP enter in pause. Any tip how I fix...

Thanks

Why you want to use Smoothmotion with SVP? While it's different approach both gives 60fps output so I guess that's why SVP didn't do anything. Did it work in MPC-HC? I never like smoothmotion result picture and absolutely prefer SVP over it. This is one option in madvr that I find giving unsatisfied result and definitely turn it off evetytime.

My suggestion is don't bother trying to enable both. I doubt it worth your CPU/GPU load.
@oldpoem, my interest is only put SVP for work using kodi. But I don´t know, I have something wrong...no active playback. And yes, I have SVP working ok in MPC-HC, don´t turn on smoothmotion.

That's SVP4 preview? Try using 3.1.7
I try, same trouble...
@thanks oldpoem, for your time in help me fix the trouble, appreciate a lot. All working fine here now.
I have a Old TV with a horrible interpolation setting for High quality blurays (samsung C series). I instead disabled it and use SVP and it's doing fine but consuming a lot of power with my current settings. (i3-4360 + GTX 960 4GB)

I only watch high quality blu-ray movies like The Dark Knight/T2 etc which have very sharp scenes, i haven't found any proper "good" setting for Blu-ray movies so i'll share my settings when i'll get home.

SVP is really awesome but hard to get correct, the first time i saw it i gave up, yesterday i mixed around 3hrs with the settings and it's awesome.
(2015-09-16, 12:13)XTrojan Wrote: I have a Old TV with a horrible interpolation setting for High quality blurays (samsung C series). I instead disabled it and use SVP and it's doing fine but consuming a lot of power with my current settings. (i3-4360 + GTX 960 4GB)

I only watch high quality blu-ray movies like The Dark Knight/T2 etc which have very sharp scenes, i haven't found any proper "good" setting for Blu-ray movies so i'll share my settings when i'll get home.

SVP is really awesome but hard to get correct, the first time i saw it i gave up, yesterday i mixed around 3hrs with the settings and it's awesome.

There is no unviersal settings for SVP. It depends on media files.
(2015-09-16, 16:02)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 12:13)XTrojan Wrote: I have a Old TV with a horrible interpolation setting for High quality blurays (samsung C series). I instead disabled it and use SVP and it's doing fine but consuming a lot of power with my current settings. (i3-4360 + GTX 960 4GB)

There is no unviersal settings for SVP. It depends on media files.

What settings would you recommended for 1080P BD-RiPs with fast action scenes?
I have problems with the most recent version of dsplayer. It crashes at the end of any video or when I try to move within an video using the sliding bar. The video keeps playing, but XBMC becomes unresponsive. I wanted to try turning off madshi's Video renderer, because this created similar problems in past versions for me, but the opttion to choose a different video renderer is greyed out. Can somebody help me?

- Thanks!
(2015-09-17, 06:16)hlina Wrote: I have problems with the most recent version of dsplayer. It crashes at the end of any video or when I try to move within an video using the sliding bar. The video keeps playing, but XBMC becomes unresponsive. I wanted to try turning off madshi's Video renderer, because this created similar problems in past versions for me, but the opttion to choose a different video renderer is greyed out. Can somebody help me?

- Thanks!

You would have to start with a debug log. See the first post for instructions. Posting your settings in detail would help (LAV Video, madVR, DSPlayer, etc.).
I get video now with roma's pvr addon, so thanks for the roma but I get a lot of dropped frames compared to my other videos with madvr. Why is that?
these are my settings:
http://postimg.org/image/bc7o1kodt/41689291/

http://postimg.org/image/xqgsq95r1/2e7a8f6c/
(2015-09-14, 23:35)ashlar Wrote: aracnoz, does your version of DSPlayer still allow for rules in mediasconfig.xml?

I tried using
Code:
rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|vob|mts|m2ts|ts|bdmv">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
            <subs videoresolution="480|540|720" filter="xysubfilter" />
            <subs filter="directvobsub_(auto-loading_version)" />
            </rule>

hoping to use VSFilter only for 1080p files (the grand majority of 2:35 and 1:85 files I have), while using xySubfilter for lower resolution files, to take advantage of its hi res subs... but it doesn't work. And in the GUI I don't see the above rule anywhere. As you see it above, xySubfilter is always used, if I invert the two lines, xyVSFilter is always used.
warner306, do you know if what I'm asking makes sense? Am I doing a mistake in writing the rule or are rules unsupported for filters selection in this version of DSPlayer?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47