Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)
Hi together,

this is my second thread about this. Sorry, but i think this is a better place to put it in.

Since v11 (Eden) XBMC support this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=media_stubs

Can somebody of the great XBMC Team modify the following code and put it in the main XBMC branch:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6fc3...d5c80ce4ed

I need the <message>Message to be displayed</message> on devices (rpi) without dvd drive. Only the "movie name" + "Message to be displayed" + "OK Button" is enough. Please make a entry in the settings or advancedsettings.xml for that!

Please help me Confused
Hi.

I kindly ask for it too. I have a HTPC without an optical drive, and the <message> section of the .disc stub is not shown, but "There is no optical drive!" error.

Stubs are very useful to manage offline movies and stuff when storage is limited.

Please, include in Kodi the former capability of displaying a customized message independently of the HW no-optical-drive limitation, which is quite nonsense.

Thanks!!
+100. I very much dislike the optical drive check for media stub files, and I think the feature was much better without it.
Hello,

I also think, this feature is very useful without a optical drive.

But I also see this text not on my system with optical drive (Kodi 14.0, Windows 8.1, two different systems with optical drive).

Regards
I'd also be happy, when it would be possible to see the stubs file message information, even if no optical drive is not present!
How about a setting for this?!
Any progress here in Kodi 15.x?

In the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Media_stubs is mentioned: "Note: Due to a bug in v12 to v14, stubs won't display their custom message if Kodi does not detect an optical drive connected to your HTPC."

Does it mean, in v15 it's working again?
Hi.

Is there any news about this issue? Could it be possible to display the custom message regardless of actually having an optical drive?

For all intends and purposes, it is just an stub. Only the presence, title and message have sense. Please, display it.

Thanks
(2015-09-16, 16:35)Kuki77 Wrote: Any progress here in Kodi 15.x?

In the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Media_stubs is mentioned: "Note: Due to a bug in v12 to v14, stubs won't display their custom message if Kodi does not detect an optical drive connected to your HTPC."

Does it mean, in v15 it's working again?

I checked it and it's still not working. Sad

Please fix it! (for me it's not even a feature request, it's more a bug)
Any news according to this topic?
push
Has this bug been fixed in Version 16 ? Anyone tested for it in V 16?
Hi.

I have just checked that in Jarvis 16.0, this issue still continues Confused

Please, is it possible to display first the message and, later, if the video wants to be played, check if an optical drive is actually present in the device?

Please, the main thing here is to display the message, since that is the reason why the user has put the <message> section in the .disc file.

Thank you.
push
I'm just speculating, but I doubt any of the devs are too exited to add/fix this feature because with the current HD prices, there is no real reason to even use this feature anymore.

Even those who use external harddrives, I have the feeling people would say, just build a NAS.
(2016-03-04, 18:00)helta Wrote: I'm just speculating, but I doubt any of the devs are too exited to add/fix this feature because with the current HD prices, there is no real reason to even use this feature anymore.

Even those who use external harddrives, I have the feeling people would say, just build a NAS.

It really just needs the optical drive check removed. Then it can also be used to show movies from other services, like Netflix. It's a very flexible feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline Media Stub Files (Feature Request)2