• 54(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt until the box is actually released, which looks to be any day now. Otherwise, this would be another VidOn type violator case.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-15, 22:03)nickr Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 15:37)movie78 Wrote: If they can keep up with Kodi updates,i don't see any problem.
When Kodi Jarvis get release and it takes them a month to release their version, i think would be fine with me.

As an Android Phone user, i know how updates works?Blush
No it is not fine. It is never fine to breach gpl, let alone profit from it. Why the he'll do you think we have a thriving community to begin with? Gpl, that's why.

What if the release it to just Kodi developers?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Then we will simply make it public
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-09-15, 22:34)Martijn Wrote: Then we will simply make it public

I think that is what they are scared of.

Lets hope that they don't became like another VidOn.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
They should be scared of being sued if not doing so and public shaming
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
They shouldn't have based their work on a GPL software if they didn't want to make the source code available for everyone. Pretty simple.
But let's see. For now they promised to release it and there's no reason to believe they will not.
(2015-09-15, 22:38)Martijn Wrote: They should be scared of being sued if not doing so and public shaming

Base on your comment, i think i am going hold off on purchasing this device.
Already gave my money to VidOn.
Either they roll with Kodi policy or i'm outNod
Hi all,good news!!for follow GPL. We will open the source(3D,pass through,HW decodeing via kodi by rockchip 3368 and the decode library) on github today!We also hope KODI team will be able to merge it into the main line.
(2015-09-15, 22:00)nickr Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 12:59)Skank Wrote: Ah that box looks very cool

Finally hd audio + 3d mvc + kodi gui during play, no external player

How come these guys can make it work inside kodi without external player and others dont?
Because they are copyright pirates, taking kodi source, developing it and distributing without making the source available. To support them by buying their product supports piracy and is a kick in the teeth to kodi developers and the whole community.

Sorry for the hijacking, but how these guys managed to hack Kodi in some Allwinner, Amlogic and Mstar chipsets to get hd audio working?

When I bought the Vidon box, due its U$15/y "subscription", I thought there was some licensing involved to get the additional features, but after that they were just expelled from here. Best world for me would be being able to pay for additional features to the right people, now I am waiting Nvidia to release an upgrade Tongue
(2015-09-15, 14:01)goujam Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 12:03)mirror88 Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 12:00)Skank Wrote: Mirror88

Cool , so it does hd audio + atmos in kodi? I like!
What about the 3d -> does it do 3d mvc iso? or only SBS and TAB?

Hi,It support 3D MVC ISO

Mirror88 I can see your box is outputting Truehd but on DTS-MA its only outputting DTS. Does this box bitstream DTS-MA

Hi,look the follow pics:

(2015-09-16, 05:45)mirror88 Wrote: Hi all,good news!!for follow GPL. We will open the source(3D,pass through,HW decodeing via kodi by rockchip 3368 and the decode library) on github today!We also hope KODI team will be able to merge it into the main line.

Curious what devs say about it
(2015-09-16, 09:14)Skank Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 05:45)mirror88 Wrote: Hi all,good news!!for follow GPL. We will open the source(3D,pass through,HW decodeing via kodi by rockchip 3368 and the decode library) on github today!We also hope KODI team will be able to merge it into the main line.

Curious what devs say about it

ZIDOO Team
Post #1 chart updated to add Zidoo X6 Pro.

Edit: Also added detailed recommended set-up/settings for HiMedia & RPi2 to post #1. Any feedback and/or additions welcome.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Latest Milhouse build has early mvc iso support.
This is an experimental test build that does have some issues but is a useful proof of concept.
Thanks to Koying and Zidoo for patches.

EDIT: corrected mkv->mvc
(2015-09-17, 01:55)popcornmix Wrote: Latest Milhouse build has early mkv iso support.
This is an experimental test build that does have some issues but is a useful proof of concept.
Thanks to Koying and Zidoo for patches.

Damn!!

That was fastBig Grin
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17