• 55(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Ditto! That was unexpected now and amazingly fast! Think I'll stick with MVC MKV's though. Please don't abandon support for 3D MKV's Smile.
Quote:[3d] Make MVC a valid 3D filename tag (7237707f)
[3d] Automatically enable 3D for ssif (53fd3071)
popcornmix, re: 3D filename tag, continue to use .3D.SBS.mkv for MakeMKV rips of 3D BD's? And, for ISO's, just moviename (year).iso?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-09-16, 05:45)mirror88 Wrote: Hi all,good news!!for follow GPL. We will open the source(3D,pass through,HW decodeing via kodi by rockchip 3368 and the decode library) on github today!We also hope KODI team will be able to merge it into the main line.
Excellent!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-09-17, 03:26)hdmkv Wrote: popcornmix, re: 3D filename tag, continue to use .3D.SBS.mkv for MakeMKV rips of 3D BD's? And, for ISO's, just moviename (year).iso?

The existing 3D tags are still fine for MVC. In addition you can now include "3D" and "MVC" in the filename to signal 3D.
(MVC is just another alternative to SBS or TAB, and doesn't affect the video playback).

You can use these tags on iso files, but as the .ssif file is easy to detect, we enable that automatically.
(2015-09-17, 03:26)hdmkv Wrote: Ditto! That was unexpected now and amazingly fast! Think I'll stick with MVC MKV's though. Please don't abandon support for 3D MKV's Smile.
Quote:[3d] Make MVC a valid 3D filename tag (7237707f)
[3d] Automatically enable 3D for ssif (53fd3071)
popcornmix, re: 3D filename tag, continue to use .3D.SBS.mkv for MakeMKV rips of 3D BD's? And, for ISO's, just moviename (year).iso?

What happened?
(2015-09-17, 01:55)popcornmix Wrote: Latest Milhouse build has early mkv iso support.
This is an experimental test build that does have some issues but is a useful proof of concept.
Thanks to Koying and Zidoo for patches.

mkv iso Huh??
ISO is now supported in Pi's latest build.
My HT
(2015-09-17, 13:21)hdmkv Wrote: ISO is now supported in Pi's latest build.

Popcornmix meant "mvc iso" instead of "mkv iso"? and this only for raspberry pi 2?
(2015-09-17, 01:55)popcornmix Wrote: Latest Milhouse build has early mkv iso support.
Do you mean support for detecting MVC-3D tags in MKV containers? As described here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227862

Does this also mean that you will probably be adding detection of "Mpeg4-MVC-3D" tags for Blu-ray 3D video files/ISOs too soon?
Don't know; will let popcornmix reply. I understood it as 3D ISO now plays back as frame-packed 3D (with filename having MVC in it or not), along with 3D MVC MKV (MakeMKV's rip of a 3D BD), which was already supported (with filename having 3D.SBS or now MVC).
My HT
(2015-09-17, 13:52)RockerC Wrote: Do you mean support for detecting MVC-3D tags in MKV containers? As described here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227862

No, that was a typo. The build supports playing 3D MVC from an iso container. No change to mkv tag reading (that would need ffmpeg support and I haven't looked into that).
Suppose a new RPi3 comes out and support HD Audio the RPi will be the Ultimate Kodi Media player (for Me).
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
What's the use of MVC-3D tags?
MVC streams are detected at ffmpeg stream level...
(2015-09-17, 17:30)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 13:52)RockerC Wrote: Do you mean support for detecting MVC-3D tags in MKV containers? As described here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227862

No, that was a typo. The build supports playing 3D MVC from an iso container. No change to mkv tag reading (that would need ffmpeg support and I haven't looked into that).

Nice job guys (also for zidoo and kodi devs)

Might this translate in a further stadium to have kodi native support for 3d iso?
(2015-09-17, 17:42)Koying Wrote: What's the use of MVC-3D tags?

I think that is too late for setting the stereoscopic flags (used in skin, or for switching GUI to 3D mode when starting playback).
(2015-09-17, 17:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 17:42)Koying Wrote: What's the use of MVC-3D tags?

I think that is too late for setting the stereoscopic flags (used in skin, or for switching GUI to 3D mode when starting playback).

Ah, right...
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17