• 21(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
Thanks for the update Smile
(2015-09-15, 12:49)Jayz2K Wrote: [quote='Kokonutcreme' pid='2106199' dateline='1442289546']
Couple of questions - and appreciate this is still alpha release

I've setup Kodi to display movie information when pressing enter and current behaviour is that when I scroll through my library and play selected movie, after pressing stop I'm returned to the first movie in my library and not to the movie that was selected. Can this behaviour be changed?

It was while scrolling through my library that I noticed from the starting position in my library I can't scroll in reverse order. Is that by design?

Quote:I uploaded some mods on git.
Since KODI item memory seems to be broken by my dynamic layout, I rebuilt a memory to select back the last focused item. Please be aware that for convenience, I had to reset it when going back to Home (or it will make weird selections when changing section ex. from movies to music).
Since panels don't have built-in wrapping, I forced them by adding a move action. Works fine on my side.
Can you please review and let me know if you're fine with it ?

When I test, after stopping playback, I'm not returned to last focused item but the item immediately after the last focused item - which is still an improvement for me.

Scrolling in reverse direction is working now.
(2015-09-15, 16:40)Kokonutcreme Wrote: When I test, after stopping playback, I'm not returned to last focused item but the item immediately after the last focused item - which is still an improvement for me.

I think this is because you have "Show parent folder item" unselected as KODI option.
Will check if I can do something for that.
Thanks for reporting.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Yes that is correct
Since it has been requested in another forum, I'm sharing this here (not yet on Git) ... if someone is interrested :

Blocs IDLEFADE function

Oh that's just lovely, can't wait for it to hit gjthub
IDLEFADE feature on git Wink

Version bump to 0.48.0

I have a few issues; not sure if they have been reported or fixed, but I will list them here. (Also a few questions).

When I am in the designer and trying to add a new item to the home screen, after selecting Add New, and going to that entry, KOver always attempts to edit a previously entered item.

When in designer, editing the Home Menu, you can't manually enter a action for 'Choose Shortcut'. You either have to use one of the preset items, or first create a favorite and then select that. This is undesirable, having to have multiple favorites to setup Shortcuts.

When pressing the Record button on the remote, nothing happens. Typically, with other skins, when the record button is pressed, Kodi sends the request to the PVR Backend to schedule the recording or start the recording.

I know I was reading about the scrolling issues with wrapping, was wondering if I missed something where this was fixed. When going through LiveTV, once you get to the end of this list, it's annoying having to reverse instead of it cycling through again.

Is there a way to choose either to scroll horizontally or vertically when interacting with addons? Currently, I have a Plex directory hard coded via a favorite for specific categories on the home menu. However, when scrolling, it is set for horizontal and I would like the option to scroll vertically like the TV EPG does.

Is it possible to, on the TV tab under designer to add a second option other than 'EPG-Locked' that shows like 'Recorded Shows'.

Also, this is a question I've asked from a previous post, and I know you said something regarding SkinHelper, but.

If I want to dynamically add something to KOver (a la how Amber does with Plex), what xml file(s) would need to be updated.

Once again, great skin however. I just wish it worked for Kodi 15 and not just 16.
(2015-09-17, 05:25)obsidiancomm Wrote: I have a few issues; not sure if they have been reported or fixed, but I will list them here. (Also a few questions).

When I am in the designer and trying to add a new item to the home screen, after selecting Add New, and going to that entry, KOver always attempts to edit a previously entered item.

Yes I have noticed that when you are running les power devices. This is relative to my code and hardware power. I'm rebuilding the menus to match the current design but on some devices, it has a little timeshift for the updated informations to be shown. I already thought about rewriting this window and will take a look.

Quote:When in designer, editing the Home Menu, you can't manually enter a action for 'Choose Shortcut'. You either have to use one of the preset items, or first create a favorite and then select that. This is undesirable, having to have multiple favorites to setup Shortcuts.

You can, but it's a little tricky. You have first to create a new item in Home and the choose "Choose shortcut". In this list, choose anything standard like Common>Videos. Because it's not what you want, then Click on "Change Action" scroll to the last item "Custom shortcut". Here you can set your action. I don't know if it's a standard behavior of skinshortcuts or something missing in my code but will ask Bob for this.

Quote:When pressing the Record button on the remote, nothing happens. Typically, with other skins, when the record button is pressed, Kodi sends the request to the PVR Backend to schedule the recording or start the recording.

Will give this a closer look. I have to admit I didn't test the record button on my remote.

Quote:I know I was reading about the scrolling issues with wrapping, was wondering if I missed something where this was fixed. When going through LiveTV, once you get to the end of this list, it's annoying having to reverse instead of it cycling through again.

It works on my side. Are you talking about the channel list in widget or when you clicked on the channel icon ? I don't think I have implemented this in the widget., will check if I can add it there too.

Quote:Is there a way to choose either to scroll horizontally or vertically when interacting with addons? Currently, I have a Plex directory hard coded via a favorite for specific categories on the home menu. However, when scrolling, it is set for horizontal and I would like the option to scroll vertically like the TV EPG does.

Can you please post a screenshot of the made view for me to see how it looks ?. Actually, the code use many possible layout checks (it was a pain to code) to give a relevant orientation to the scrolling. Maybe I missed one.

Quote:Is it possible to, on the TV tab under designer to add a second option other than 'EPG-Locked' that shows like 'Recorded Shows'.

Actually no. The name for this 1st item is a special case and is forced. This is because EPG doesn't allow to have viewtype choice, so it sticks to the first view. However, you can set the second view the same layout, give it the name "Recorded Shows" and then set this as viewtype in the recordings window.

Quote:Also, this is a question I've asked from a previous post, and I know you said something regarding SkinHelper, but.
If I want to dynamically add something to KOver (a la how Amber does with Plex), what xml file(s) would need to be updated.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea of what you mean. Since I'm not amber, neither Plex user, it's difficult for me to understand your request. However, what I know and should work is that when you have Plex installed, skin.helper should provide you a list of prebuilt widgets for Plex.

Quote:Once again, great skin however. I just wish it worked for Kodi 15 and not just 16.

Sorry again, but this won't happen. Too much features are now missing in 15. Moreover, I prefer to spend time improving KOver to be ready for Jarvis stable release instead of trying to backport it and finally get it working on 15 when it will be obsolete Wink

(2015-09-15, 12:49)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 05:59)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Couple of questions - and appreciate this is still alpha release

I've setup Kodi to display movie information when pressing enter and current behaviour is that when I scroll through my library and play selected movie, after pressing stop I'm returned to the first movie in my library and not to the movie that was selected. Can this behaviour be changed?

It was while scrolling through my library that I noticed from the starting position in my library I can't scroll in reverse order. Is that by design?

I uploaded some mods on git.
Since KODI item memory seems to be broken by my dynamic layout, I rebuilt a memory to select back the last focused item. Please be aware that for convenience, I had to reset it when going back to Home (or it will make weird selections when changing section ex. from movies to music).
Since panels don't have built-in wrapping, I forced them by adding a move action. Works fine on my side.
Can you please review and let me know if you're fine with it ?

(2015-09-15, 11:01)Jimmy03 Wrote: Hi Jayz2K,

A stunning theme in progress i'm a big fan keep up the good work!!

I'm having the same behavior as bakito said in win7 x64 sp1, is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. Well if you also have changed it to VISIBLE in the Bloc4 settings, I then have to check this.
Can I ask you and @bakito some more things to help me to locate where is the problem :

- Can you save your view in Template1 and backup it to provide me the zip (Have to check if all settings are correct, backup seems to work fine again Wink ...)
- Can you set the Bloc 4 background color to FFFFFFFF and let me know if you see at least a white square
- Can you let me know if video is visible in Home when you set "Video on top = VISIBLE" in the designer Home>Wallpaper section (it using the same box but fullscreen)
- Can you let me know (if you still have it) the complete name of the Jarvis build you downloaded (KodiSetup-2015XXXX-XXXXXXX-master.exe, so I will be able to download them and try with the same release).

Sorry for that but I'm not able to reproduce it Confused
Thanks in advance

@Saner : seems Marcel fixed the cycling fanart Wink

Hi Jayz2K,

In the following order here are the answers to your questions:

-Template is PVR List with no change at and all coming from your zip file inside templates.
-Block 4 is set to FFFFFFFF and yes it's white.
-Video on top is set ot visible
-kodi16 alpha2 git 20150831 b4afc20

Thanks,
Jimmy
@Jimmy03 : Thanks for the informations. Before investigating and after discuss with Bakito I just would like to be sure there is not a misunderstanding on the bloc4 function. Bloc 4 is intended to show the actually playing video or "embed the playing video" (the same one you see in fullscreen), not to show a trailer of something. Maybe the bloc name is confusing (will change that). KODI doesn't support 2 or more different videos playing so a "trailer" bloc is not possible (assuming you can have something else playing the same time like live TV).

Oh i see now what are you talking about, yes the block is active and shows the movie when i hit the back button and after i have started a movie.

I thought it was supposed to look something similar to 1080p experience theme (plays automatically trailer).

It would be a nice future if you can implement this!

Thanks for the clarification.
(2015-09-17, 12:01)Jimmy03 Wrote: Oh i see now what are you talking about, yes the block is active and shows the movie when i hit the back button and after i have started a movie.

I thought it was supposed to look something similar to 1080p experience theme (plays automatically trailer).

Maybe an autoplay but then only if it has no video already in progress ?

(2015-09-17, 12:08)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 12:01)Jimmy03 Wrote: Oh i see now what are you talking about, yes the block is active and shows the movie when i hit the back button and after i have started a movie.

Maybe an autoplay but then only if it has no video already in progress ?

Yes an autoplay trailer when your scroll between movies or if you choose one to see info it would be a very nice addition!
(2015-09-17, 10:24)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 05:25)obsidiancomm Wrote: When in designer, editing the Home Menu, you can't manually enter a action for 'Choose Shortcut'. You either have to use one of the preset items, or first create a favorite and then select that. This is undesirable, having to have multiple favorites to setup Shortcuts.

You can, but it's a little tricky. You have first to create a new item in Home and the choose "Choose shortcut". In this list, choose anything standard like Common>Videos. Because it's not what you want, then Click on "Change Action" scroll to the last item "Custom shortcut". Here you can set your action. I don't know if it's a standard behavior of skinshortcuts or something missing in my code but will ask Bob for this.

The behaviour of the script changed in the latest version so that 'Change action' lets you select any shortcut and change just the action to one of the presest-available shortcuts or type your own. A bug was found at the last minute, though, which meant that there was a possibility that the new menu item wouldn't save (all to do with whether the menu item has a label), so a quick-fix was introduced - if there is no label already set for your menu item, the script actually calls the 'Choose shortcut' button - which means you don't get the option of typing a custom action. (And will be fixed in a future version).

To get the 'Custom shortcut' option so you can type your own action straight away from 'Change action', 'Set label' first.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18