Red & Blue
It's funny how you start with something as simple as a WD TV and an external hard drive watching your movies and tv shows on a 32 inch 720p HDTV, not really caring how content is presented but rather just the fact that you are watching it is enough. Then you discover xbmc (now known as kodi) and suddenly presentation matters...that WD TV changes into a proper htpc and that 500gb external hard drive transforms into a proper NAS setup with over 60tb of hard drives.

Slowly but surely you realize that 32 inch hdtv isn't cutting it and you switch to something bigger, then you realize hdtv speakers are awful and switch to a proper sound system. Well after years of media consumption and enjoyment I decided it was time to take the next step, after about a year of work...here is where I spend most of my time.

This is my first home theater build dedicated to Kodi, BluRay Movies, and gaming.

Spec sheet:

113" Screen Innovations 1.4 Gain Black Diamond Screen
Sony VW350/300ES Native 4K Projector
11.1 speaker setup (Paradigm Studio 100. Studio 690, Studio 20, Signature Sub 1)
Marantz 8802 Pre-Amplifier
Anthem A5 Amplifier
Anthem PVA7 Amplifier
Denon 3313 BluRay Player
ASRock Vision 3D HTPC (will be replaced by Steiger Dynamics PC System on Order)

Now for the important part, pictures!

Awesome setup! I can only hope that I get to where you are now sometime, sooner rather than later. I think I would consider myself in the stage right before getting a NAS setup.
Whoa, very nice setup..i´m rly stoked Big Grin

From what i can tell of the pics u choose the Auro 3D Speaker placement guideline ?

How do u like the VW300..i guess u arent missing the adaptive Iris with ur BD Screen ? Smile

Keep up the good work and give ur thread a proper name,
i thought im gonna see a small room full of speakers in daddy´s house Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(2015-09-21, 18:47)gamble Wrote: Whoa, very nice setup..i´m rly stoked Big Grin

From what i can tell of the pics u choose the Auro 3D Speaker placement guideline ?

How do u like the VW300..i guess u arent missing the adaptive Iris with ur BD Screen ? Smile

Keep up the good work and give ur thread a proper name,
i thought im gonna see a small room full of speakers in daddy´s house Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thank you very much. Speaker placement I went with was your typical 9.1 placement and then added the rear heights recently. Didn't really follow the Auro guideline just based on what I am use to.

As for the VW300ES I got the say the picture is absolutely superb, also to be a little honest here this is my first projector setup so I can't really say whether I would miss a dynamic iris or not but the projector in combination with the screen ha left me wanting for nothing with it comes to picture quality!

And as per your request thread title has changed to something more suitable lol.
(2015-09-20, 21:30)Damien_Hayes Wrote: Awesome setup! I can only hope that I get to where you are now sometime, sooner rather than later. I think I would consider myself in the stage right before getting a NAS setup.

Thank you very much appreciate the kind words!
Nice setup. I recall starting with a 29 inch 4:3 SD tube tv and mplayer, then geexbox then mythtv and have progressed from there.

I still have the 720p 32 inch. Paid $3k for it, same price as the 65 inch I bought last year LOL.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Impressive setup! I would like to build something like this in near future. Can you provide a ballpark on how much it cost you to build this from scratch. I have a Synology NAS which I think I would be able to utilize but everything else would have to be replaced.
Thanks
Thanks for the kind words vineet, honestly everything and I am talking everything from an empty room to what you see in the pictures . It's around 36,000 usd give or take 2k.
Thanks a lot Mobious, next thing is to convince my wife Smile
silly question and pardon my lack of ignorance- why would one need 2 amplifiers in a setup as yours?
(2015-10-12, 19:48)vineet381 Wrote: Thanks a lot Mobious, next thing is to convince my wife Smile
silly question and pardon my lack of ignorance- why would one need 2 amplifiers in a setup as yours?

That's because a pre-amp (marantz 8802) isn't able to power up the speakers per say, and going with anthem with my 11.1 setup I needed to power 11 speakers. The A5 is a higher tier amplifier that is able to power 5 speakers and the PVA7 is a lower tier one that powers 7. So I got my fronts center and sides on the A5 and all the rest on the PVA7.
gotchya!! Thanks again bud.
That's just amazing
ah those anthem amps Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
the room looks amazing
(2015-12-31, 10:37)sh33p Wrote: ah those anthem amps Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
the room looks amazing

Thanks!
(2015-12-30, 22:22)cybermenace Wrote: That's just amazing

Thank you very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red & Blue0