Release [Video Addon] Viewster
(2015-05-07, 20:47)learningit Wrote: Can you give more info - what item are you trying to play, etc. I don't remember seeing very many videos with German subtitles.

Well many Animeseries for Example Seraph Of The End have German subtitles. And when I tried I wanted to watch exactly this series too.
(2015-05-16, 19:56)okabekudo Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 20:47)learningit Wrote: Can you give more info - what item are you trying to play, etc. I don't remember seeing very many videos with German subtitles.

Well many Animeseries for Example Seraph Of The End have German subtitles. And when I tried I wanted to watch exactly this series too.

I can't find that series. Can you turn on debug logging and play the particular video you want subtitles on, and then post the log for me to take a look at? I'm guessing that there has been a change to how subtitles are presented by the website when there is more than one language since I wrote this addon, but I can't find an example that has multiple languages.
hi,
i wrote an anime addon which also includes viewster content.
to resolve the links, i was using your code(thanks btw) but had similar problems getting the correct languages(dub/sub), even though the api recognized me as german.
the first language was unfortunatly not german so i changed the code to the following
Code:
for a in json_data['play_list']:
    if a['autoplay'] == True:
        break
for l in a['languages']:
    if l['lang'] == 'de' or l['subtitle'] == 'de':
        p = l['link_request']
        break
params = urllib.urlencode(p)

if needed i can give you a german json response
(2015-05-19, 15:36)JinJin Wrote: hi,
i wrote an anime addon which also includes viewster content.
to resolve the links, i was using your code(thanks btw) but had similar problems getting the correct languages(dub/sub), even though the api recognized me as german.
the first language was unfortunatly not german so i changed the code to the following

if needed i can give you a german json response
I think when I wrote the addon I didn't see multiple languages in any of the examples I looked at. I'm surprised no one brought it up before. It would be great if I could get a german json response and also what series and episode you are playing. I'm travelling for business and I'm doubtful that I'll have reasonable access to proxies where I'm going. Thanks for your code as well I will implement it as a selection dialog if more than one language is there.
of course i cant reproduce this issue but here is an (working) excerpt of the play_list response.
http://pastebin.com/AMhjYFBA
for some reason it sometimes selects the english subtitle as default instead of the german one.
in a bad response the english subtitle is the first one and selected = true, so the overall link_request is with english subtitles.
but as you can see you can get the single link_request within/for every language

kodi viewster addon version 1.0.6
languages available - de sub and en sub
http://www.viewster.com/serie/1284-18816...nseason-2/

@okabekudo are you getting english subtitles instead of german subtitles?
Thanks for this. It's possible that the lang indicator has changed in the request. A better way to do this may be to compare all the subtitles returned to see if they match the language selected in the addon. The request uses an integer to indicate language, whereas the returned json has it as a 2 char string like 'en','de', etc. it may make sense to scan for the 2 char indicator rather than rely on the integer in the request to return the correct selected subtitle. I suspect something has changed in the request mechanism.
As I look through the code, I remember that I've been meaning to rewrite the whole addon as the API is very sensitive to the header fields set in requests and got a bit out of hand as I was getting this to work for people in different locations.
I won't be able to get to this for a week or two as I'm travelling now.
Been having some trouble. Viewster still displays in Kodi but all videos fail to load this is the only plugin I'm having this issue with.

Simply says one or more items failed to play.
try V1.0.7 from my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.viewster
I fixed this a few days ago and haven't finished testing, so see how it works and let me know the results.
Works fine for me in Germany, thanks.
There's been a major change to the Viewster API beginning in July, so hang tight and I'll try to get this fixed soon.
V2.0.1 available in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.viewster/

This is a work in progress. Addon required a full rewrite for the new API. View and sort types have been added.
Still to do:
- Multiple language support
- subtitles
- search function
There's been yet another change to the Viewster API. I know how to fix this, I just need to find the time to code and test in a place that's not 3 deep in proxies. Hopefully in the next week or so.
I was wondering what was up. The plug in stopped working all together in OpenElec. I couldn't figure out why.

Any word on the progress? (I was in the middle of Charlie Jade Smile )
(2015-09-21, 09:03)Wagg Wrote: I was wondering what was up. The plug in stopped working all together in OpenElec. I couldn't figure out why.

Started fixing it, then there were more website changes. Once it is stable I'll put out a new version.
(2015-09-21, 15:50)learningit Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 09:03)Wagg Wrote: I was wondering what was up. The plug in stopped working all together in OpenElec. I couldn't figure out why.

Started fixing it, then there were more website changes. Once it is stable I'll put out a new version.

Thanks for the update. Viewster has quickly become one of my favorite sources for free legal content on Kodi.

Are there any other good sources like this? I've found a few- Popcornflix being one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Video Addon] Viewster0