• 159(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-09-09, 12:01)hn3012 Wrote: hi
i'm getting allot of crashes of the YouTube plugin with this errors in the log file

Code:
11:48:23 T:4384   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 388, in _on_yt_specials
                                                return yt_specials.process(category, self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_specials.py", line 229, in process
                                                return _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv(provider, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\yt_specials.py", line 209, in _process_new_uploaded_videos_tv
                                                result.extend(tv.my_subscriptions_to_items(provider, context, json_data))
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\tv.py", line 23, in my_subscriptions_to_items
                                                utils.update_video_infos(provider, context, video_id_dict, channel_items_dict=channel_item_dict)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\utils.py", line 147, in update_video_infos
                                                video_data = resource_manager.get_videos(video_ids)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\resource_manager.py", line 109, in get_videos
                                                result.update(self._update_videos(list_of_50))
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\resource_manager.py", line 68, in _update_videos
                                                video_data = function_cache.get_cached_only(self._get_video_data, unicode(video_id))
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 66, in get_cached_only
                                                data, cache_id = self._get_cached_data(partial_func)
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 56, in _get_cached_data
                                                return self._get(cache_id), cache_id
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 191, in _get
                                                result = self._execute(False, query, [item_id])
                                              File "C:\Users\kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\utils\storage.py", line 79, in _execute
                                                return self._cursor.execute(query, values)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\sqlite3\dbapi2.py", line 69, in convert_timestamp
                                                year, month, day = map(int, datepart.split("-"))
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:48:24 T:4576   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/
11:48:24 T:4576   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/) failed

Please complete logs...this is only part of it...also logs only via pastebin.com or similar platforms.
(2015-09-11, 20:13)kilimanjaro Wrote: I have a very big request, it's been on my mind since I can remember using YouTube on kodi.

One of the things I love about YouTube is reading the comments section, bromix is there anyway you could incorporate that facility?

I was thinking adding a context menu item to open up a window where the comments go.

Not sure if anyone else ever wanted to be able to read comments on this YouTube add-on, please come forward if you would like this feature to hopefully convince bromix to invest the time and effort.

Thanks for the add-on, use it daily.
Playback only at the moment Wink

(2015-09-14, 17:13)tvlover2013 Wrote: Bromix. Can I limit the playlist only show up to 30 - 50 link per page?
like:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=[PID]&max=30
Right now...no...I must say I somehow dislike creating endpoints which allow overriding the settings of the addon and creates in my opinion a mess between both. This is for skin, because I see no benefit in it?

(2015-09-14, 19:01)thewarm Wrote: I just installed 5.1.8 on Kodi 15.1 (Windows 8.1). When I go to 'playlists' all I get is 'favorites'. I can't see any of my saved playlists.
Any ideas please?
Thank you for a fantastic plugin.
This is a fresh (clean) install of Kodi.

(PS - hope your recovery goes well)

Note* I found that I could create my own 'created' playlists on YouTube. That does work.
First post of this thread and then => https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...-or-Broken

(2015-09-17, 01:37)Thomas Korimort Wrote: Hi my dear felllows!

I installed kodi from RaspBian Debian GNU 8 repository and it is working fine after some configuration and tweaking (setting graphics memory to 128 MB and setting kodi screen resolution little bit lower, xUnity tweak 0 cache). Only the YouTube plugin seems to be broken somehow. After logging in by double activation of the apps YouTube TV and YouTube Kodi Helix i can access my YouTube account, but i cannot play any video. "Playback of one or more item failed". Other Plugins work nicely. WLAN speed is very good. Internet connection is enough for other plugins to work almost flawlessly.

I could not solve this problem yet.

Please test version 5.1.9
(2015-09-17, 02:46)pibtt Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 00:33)bluethor Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 22:22)pibtt Wrote: I'm not logged in. I don't evan have a youtube account
this add-on requires for you to have an account, I believe

It works just fine without one the only problem is that the video list isn't updated.
Updating subscriptions only work with an active account. This has nothing to do with the addon itself.

(2015-09-17, 11:16)fieryroller Wrote: Hi, youtube-addon crashes when I try to run it.

database is locked?

Code:

How can I fix this? I have tried reboot and re-install the plugin, without success.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Logs please only via external services and not in this thread. Your KODI crashed and the cache file couldn't be written properly. Delete the complete user_data folder of the addon.

(2015-09-17, 13:09)Thomas Korimort Wrote: There is a well knwon bug which seems also to be the reason why for me YouTube is not working: https://gist.github.com/aerickson/f15133a7e56b2d7f27e3 . I looked in my Kodi.log file and it said that SSL error(35) happened from curl. This problem is a known incompatibility. more recent version of curl disables the RC4 cypher for SSL, which is needed by YouTube. I am now trying to fix that by editing the Phyton code for the YouTube plugin....
Sorry no...I think more the common known problem is (again) someone missed to compile libcurl properly for your version of KODI. Otherwise based on this theory more users would have this problem.

(2015-09-19, 11:42)svajs Wrote: I had problems where my Kodi DLNA client function would stop working. I originally thought it was something to do with OSMC so I posted on their forums. You can see my original thread on the following link: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/upnp-dlna-not-working/8020

TLDR: I came to conclusion that Youtube addon is causing problems, where after playing any video, and later restarting my Raspberry PI, .kodi/userdata/Database/Addons19.db would somehow get corrupted and DLNA would stop working. Only solution I found so far, is to remove that Addons19.db and restart Raspberry Pi again. But that solution is only temporary, because if I play any video on youtube again, Addons19.db will get corrupted again.

Using: Raspberry Pi 2, OSMC v.2015.08.1, Kodi v.15.1, Youtube v.5.1.8

HuhSleepy
(2015-09-21, 09:42)Angry Gorilla Wrote: That's really sad that Bromix is having personal problems, but it's also kind of sad that only one guy takes care of youtube addon, I mean what will happen one day when Bromix is no longer available?

Hell on earth will be unleashed Wink
(2015-09-21, 14:31)bromix Wrote:
(2015-09-19, 11:42)svajs Wrote: I had problems where my Kodi DLNA client function would stop working. I originally thought it was something to do with OSMC so I posted on their forums. You can see my original thread on the following link: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/upnp-dlna-not-working/8020

TLDR: I came to conclusion that Youtube addon is causing problems, where after playing any video, and later restarting my Raspberry PI, .kodi/userdata/Database/Addons19.db would somehow get corrupted and DLNA would stop working. Only solution I found so far, is to remove that Addons19.db and restart Raspberry Pi again. But that solution is only temporary, because if I play any video on youtube again, Addons19.db will get corrupted again.

HuhSleepy

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. But if you are confused, I understand, I am confused as well. I can't believe no one else has this issue and no one else responded to me on either OSMC forums or over here.
For me, this issue is still 100% reproducible. I play a video, I restart RaspbPi, DLNA client stops working; I delete Addons19.db, I restart RaspbPi, DLNA works like a charm again.
100% reproducible, without a single fail. I just tried restarting it again, and it's still the same thing happening.
Though I guess it's not that big of a thing, because my RaspbPi very rarely gets restarted (only restart when its needed to update), and I only get affected by this bug after a restart.
(2015-09-21, 15:51)svajs Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 14:31)bromix Wrote:

HuhSleepy

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. But if you are confused, I understand, I am confused as well. I can't believe no one else has this issue and no one else responded to me on either OSMC forums or over here.
For me, this issue is still 100% reproducible. I play a video, I restart RaspbPi, DLNA client stops working; I delete Addons19.db, I restart RaspbPi, DLNA works like a charm again.
100% reproducible, without a single fail. I just tried restarting it again, and it's still the same thing happening.
Though I guess it's not that big of a thing, because my RaspbPi very rarely gets restarted (only restart when its needed to update), and I only get affected by this bug after a restart.
Okay...but only if you played a video via YouTube? With all other video addons there is no problem?

And yes, I was confused Wink
(2015-09-21, 22:02)bromix Wrote: Okay...but only if you played a video via YouTube? With all other video addons there is no problem?

And yes, I was confused Wink

That is correct. I have only 2 addons installed - Twitch and Youtube. I can play movies from my local library, from my smb share, from twitch, http stream with vlc player, and everything will be fine. Only playing video via Youtube, even for just a few seconds, and after a restart DLNA will get bugged out.

I would also like to point out, in case you haven't read my original post on osmc forums, that I had tried formatting my sd card and doing a clean install of osmc, just to be sure there is no misconfiguration on my part.

On a side note, I wanted to make a small donation but apparently "PayPal.Me isn't available in your country.", pledgie.com gives me this message: "Account Account not found. Unilateral receiver not allowed in chained payment is restricted", and flattr.com apparently doesn't support paypal payments, only direct transfer from debit card which I'm not a fan of. Any alternative option?
Okay...I read the thread on OSMC and saw that the problem started with Isengard 15.X, but worked before with Helix 14.X?
At the moment I've to assume that OSMC isn't closing the database correctly after dealing with the YouTube addon - for what reasons ever Sad can you try the version 5.1.9 of the YouTube addon?

Also I updated pledgie regarding the donation...is it working for you now?
Welcome back bromix!

Unfortunately 5.1.9 isn't showing in your repo, and the Kodi devs in their infinite wisdom decided to remove the "force update repo" option, so... guess it'll update when it damn well feels like it.

Edit: For those of us that don't feel like waiting up to 24 hours for Kodi to decide to check for updates, deleting ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addon*.db and restarting Kodi will make it check for updates. Pain in the butt.

This completely wipes the addon database, but it seems to regenerate itself just fine. It doesn't delete any of your settings inside any addons.
Feature request:

Downloads
(2015-09-22, 00:41)bromix Wrote: Okay...I read the thread on OSMC and saw that the problem started with Isengard 15.X, but worked before with Helix 14.X?
At the moment I've to assume that OSMC isn't closing the database correctly after dealing with the YouTube addon - for what reasons ever Sad can you try the version 5.1.9 of the YouTube addon?

I just did the update to 5.1.9, but unfortunately issue is still not fixed.
If I recall correctly, I always had issues with this ever since I bought my RaspberryPi2 (in June), but it was more random and happened more rarely. I remember opening popcorntime from time to time and not seeing kodi listed, but after a restart it would usually start working again.
But in more recent time its much more predictable - I know exactly why it stops working and how to fix it. And its only possible to fix by deleting that addons database, no amounts of random restarts alone will fix it.
I guess that's a good thing, because if I know what is causing problems, I can prevent them and not get affected when I need my Kodi the most. But still I would like to see this resolved.

Pledgie is working now Smile

By the way, may I know what is even stored in that database? Deleting it seems to have no effect whatsoever, no settings are removed, I am still logged in into my Youtube account, and there is no time delay at boot or freeze caused by regenerating database.
I think it's kodi-wide addon settings like enabling auto-updates.
(2015-09-22, 10:15)svajs Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 00:41)bromix Wrote: Okay...I read the thread on OSMC and saw that the problem started with Isengard 15.X, but worked before with Helix 14.X?

I just did the update to 5.1.9, but unfortunately issue is still not fixed.
If I recall correctly, I always had issues with this ever since I bought my RaspberryPi2 (in June), but it was more random and happened more rarely. I remember opening popcorntime from time to time and not seeing kodi listed, but after a restart it would usually start working again.
But in more recent time its much more predictable - I know exactly why it stops working and how to fix it. And its only possible to fix by deleting that addons database, no amounts of random restarts alone will fix it.
I guess that's a good thing, because if I know what is causing problems, I can prevent them and not get affected when I need my Kodi the most. But still I would like to see this resolved.

Pledgie is working now Smile

By the way, may I know what is even stored in that database? Deleting it seems to have no effect whatsoever, no settings are removed, I am still logged in into my Youtube account, and there is no time delay at boot or freeze caused by regenerating database.

Thanks for the donation...If I recall correctly the addons#.db stores the addons of the repositories (cahced)?
Ahh, that makes sense. Very annoying that they took the "force updates" menu entry out. Gnome-like oversimplification.
(2015-09-22, 14:53)bromix Wrote: Thanks for the donation...If I recall correctly the addons#.db stores the addons of the repositories (cahced)?

If that is the case, then it is super weird why your addon would cause such issue. I thought that addons can cache some kind of information and store it in database and there is some kind of bug in Youtube addon that causes it to get corrupted.

I'm not even sure to who I report this now? Is it a problem with Kodi, or OSMC, or specific addon? I have no idea. And to make things even more confusing, I installed KodiBuntu in virtualbox, installed same addons, configured exactly the same, and there were no such problems there, it is only happening on my Pi..
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20