• 3(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
@CaptainT: Many thanks for this initiative - it is tremendously appreciated.

My Kodi has some issues with the "iPlayer WWW". I seem able to get most (if not all) listings, but only some items will play, and (many) will not.

A typical error sequence is pasted below (click here for the full Kodi log).

The content is beyond me but I get the impression that it may not be due to a particular installation on my rig. I am using smart DNS from UnLocator and haven't found any limitations navigating the iPlayer site with a browser.

Again, thanks for all the effort.

Cheers!

10:18:22 T:3952 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\NUC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\default.py", line 805, in <module>
AddAvailableStreamItem(name,url,iconimage,description)
File "C:\Users\NUC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\default.py", line 426, in AddAvailableStreamItem
streams_all=ParseStreams(stream_ids['stream_id_st'])
File "C:\Users\NUC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\default.py", line 338, in ParseStreams
m3u8_html = OpenURL(m3u8_url)
File "C:\Users\NUC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.iplayerwww\default.py", line 552, in OpenURL
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 410, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 448, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Entertainment\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-09-21, 17:03)popcornmix Wrote: Any chance of adding a repo for this, so we get updates automatically?
Info here: Add-on_repositories#Repository_Add-on (wiki)

Let's first get this out of beta. Then we can consider adding it to the repo.
(2015-09-21, 19:22)Pachuco Wrote: My Kodi has some issues with the "iPlayer WWW". I seem able to get most (if not all) listings, but only some items will play, and (many) will not.

A typical error sequence is pasted below

The content is beyond me but I get the impression that it may not be due to a particular installation on my rig. I am using smart DNS from UnLocator and haven't found any limitations navigating the iPlayer site with a browser.

It seems that you suffer from the saem issues as MikeKL. I am starting to suspect that this really depends on the Kodi or more specifically urllib2 version you are using. Could you please send me your installation details as a post or PM? OS seems to be Windows, but which version of Kodi are you using?

Thanks for your help!
This works here, even in Norway with an proxy and finally with subtitles displaying. Thanks for this addon.

One feature I really would love is trakt.tv integration to this plugin....

System:    Host: desktopp Kernel: 5.10.8-051008-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6
           Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING v: Rev 1.xx
           serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 3103 date: 06/17/2020
CPU:       6-Core: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X type: MT MCP speed: 3791 MHz min/max: 2200/3800 MHz
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] driver: amdgpu
           v: kernel
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
           resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 590 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.40.0 5.10.8-051008-generic
           LLVM 11.0.1)
           v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.0-devel (git-0747332 2021-01-20 focal-oibaf-ppa)
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 4.57 TiB used: 1.40 TiB (30.7%)

(2015-09-22, 14:13)kimme Wrote: This works here, even in Norway with an proxy and finally with subtitles displaying. Thanks for this addon.

what would you like trakt to add to the add-on? not being facetious, honest question.
This does not seem to work on 13.2 (gotham) for me, I'm still running it on my linux htpc (including retroplayer, thats why I didn't update yet). Tried it on my main PC with 14.2 (Helix) and that worked fine.

Whenever I try to playback on 13.2 it takes a very long time (1-2 minutes) until the "open stream" dialogue is gone, it then tries to play the file takes a long time too and fails. On Helix this is pretty much instant.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zWPhQ6eM
(2015-09-22, 14:16)bry- Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 14:13)kimme Wrote: This works here, even in Norway with an proxy and finally with subtitles displaying. Thanks for this addon.

what would you like trakt to add to the add-on? not being facetious, honest question.

I would like the trakt.tv plugin to add the fact that I have watched that TV show and get visual information from trakt integration for example to google calendar on when an new episode of an show I follow is airing.

System:    Host: desktopp Kernel: 5.10.8-051008-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6
           Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa
Machine:   Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING v: Rev 1.xx
           serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 3103 date: 06/17/2020
CPU:       6-Core: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X type: MT MCP speed: 3791 MHz min/max: 2200/3800 MHz
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] driver: amdgpu
           v: kernel
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.9 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa
           resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 590 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.40.0 5.10.8-051008-generic
           LLVM 11.0.1)
           v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.0-devel (git-0747332 2021-01-20 focal-oibaf-ppa)
Network:   Device-1: Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver: igb
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 4.57 TiB used: 1.40 TiB (30.7%)

(2015-09-22, 17:30)kimme Wrote: I would like the trakt.tv plugin to add the fact that I have watched that TV show and get visual information from trakt integration for example to google calendar on when an new episode of an show I follow is airing.

I don't think that would work. Scraping information detailed enough to work with a system like trakt.tv might be possible, but it will increase chances of the plugin breaking disproportionally. Plus, it would require the introduction of data structures which can hold this kind of information. iPlayer 2.7.1 did that, but I would rather not want to go there.

Edit: Having thought about it again: I don't think this is possible. Very simple reason: There is no website which lists content by channel, at least I am not aware of it. Each channel's website only lists a few selected programmes. So in order to generate a comprehensive list of programmes for each channel, you would need to scrape the whole iPlayer website. All of it. That would take a long time and I am quite sure the Beeb wouldn't appreciate that.

So unless they publish a website which lists programmes by channel, this feature cannot be implemented.
(2015-09-22, 15:01)ursli Wrote: This does not seem to work on 13.2 (gotham) for me, I'm still running it on my linux htpc (including retroplayer, thats why I didn't update yet). Tried it on my main PC with 14.2 (Helix) and that worked fine.

Whenever I try to playback on 13.2 it takes a very long time (1-2 minutes) until the "open stream" dialogue is gone, it then tries to play the file takes a long time too and fails. On Helix this is pretty much instant.

That log looks odd. Everything seems to work well, but then the stream just doesn't play. Perhaps this is some old problem in 13.2 which has been fixed in the meantime. I am afraid, I don't see how I could fix this.
(2015-09-22, 19:27)CaptainT Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 15:01)ursli Wrote: This does not seem to work on 13.2 (gotham) for me, I'm still running it on my linux htpc (including retroplayer, thats why I didn't update yet). Tried it on my main PC with 14.2 (Helix) and that worked fine.

That log looks odd. Everything seems to work well, but then the stream just doesn't play. Perhaps this is some old problem in 13.2 which has been fixed in the meantime. I am afraid, I don't see how I could fix this.

Does this addon rely on rtmpdump?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Good plugin - nice just playing the highest quality available - other Iplayer app just confuses the wife with all the stream options
Only thing Ive noticed so far: "Fastest" shouldnt be a quality option. It should be "highest". Surely a lower bitrate would be "fastest" as it would load faster in theory.

Another request - any chance you could display the channel the programs originally came from? or even break down the programming by channel?
Not sure what it means, but I just went to the dropcanvas site to download this add-on and saw the following message at the bottom of the page.

Quote:This canvas expires in: 3 days
Thumbs Up 
Thanks man, I'm using plugin.video.iplayerwww-1.0.0beta4, how do I keep up with updates?
(2015-09-23, 17:48)skydivertricky Wrote: Good plugin - nice just playing the highest quality available - other Iplayer app just confuses the wife with all the stream options
Only thing Ive noticed so far: "Fastest" shouldnt be a quality option. It should be "highest". Surely a lower bitrate would be "fastest" as it would load faster in theory.

Another request - any chance you could display the channel the programs originally came from? or even break down the programming by channel?

I second this request. Would really like to have the programs be able to be broken down by channel.
(2015-09-22, 23:44)speedwell68 Wrote: Does this addon rely on rtmpdump?

No, RTMP is not used at all.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12