• 5(current)
WIP revolve
Thanks a lot for your hard work
Here is Revolve 1.0.0~beta1. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 1.0.0~beta1 on GitHub.

This release is the first beta-release for Revolve for XBMC Gotham. It mostly consists of some bugfixes and a few minor improvements.

I expect some more improvements and bugfixes, so there'll probably be another beta-release before Revolve reaches 1.0.0.
Here is Revolve 1.0.0~beta2. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 1.0.0~beta2 on GitHub.

This release is the second, but probably not the last beta-release for Revolve for XBMC Gotham.

I added a title-screen (which is enabled if you install the Revolve-skin for the first time, and disabled if you upgrade from a previous version of Revolve). And I replaced the Revolve-icon and added fanart. And I fixed a few bugs.

And I made some small changes to a lot of dialog-windows, so I expect another beta-release before Revolve reaches 1.0.0.
Here is Revolve 1.0.0~beta3. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 1.0.0~beta3 on GitHub.

This release is the third, and certainly not the last beta-release for Revolve for XBMC Gotham. I already found two small bugs in this release that I introduced by adding a new window and a new busy animation. This will be solved in the next beta-release.

- In this beta-release, I added a Music Videos-option in the Home Menu. If you upgrade from a previous version, the option is disabled and can be disabled in the skin-settings: Settings --> Revolve --> Home Menu Items.
- I improved the Landscape-view by adding the description of the selected item.
- And I changed the busy-icon; I replaced the circles with two arrows, so that it looks more like the new Revolve-icon. If you want the circles back, you can choose these in the skin-settings: Settings --> Revolve --> Miscellaneous Settings --> Busy Animation Editor (this is one of the bugs, I will rename this option to Busy Animation in the next beta).
Here is Revolve 1.0.0~beta4. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 1.0.0~beta4 on GitHub.

This release is the fourth, and hopefully the last beta-release for Revolve for XBMC Gotham. In this beta-release, I added and changed some backgrounds and fixed two bugs. I really hope that I didn't introduce any new bugs, so this might be the last beta release for Revolve 1.0.0.
Here is the final release for XBMC Gotham: Revolve 1.0.0. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 1.0.0 on GitHub.

Nothing has changed since the last beta, I only updated the version. This release is the final release for Revolve for XBMC Gotham (although I might make a new release for translations or a nasty bug).

And now I'll adapt the Revolve skin for Kodi Helix...
Why not go straight to Jarvis?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-09-25, 21:47)hdmkv Wrote: Why not go straight to Jarvis?

I don't think that going straight to Jarvis is saving much work, and with Helix support I might make an Apple TV-user happy. Smile
Here is Revolve 2.0.0~beta1. You can download the release from GitHub: Revolve 2.0.0~beta1 on GitHub.

This release is the first beta-release for Kodi Helix. I think that I've made all the necessary changes for Kodi Helix. I've updated the keyboard, and I've split the single PVR-window into multiple windows. I've split the single Live TV-option in the Home Menu into a TV-option and a separate Radio-option.

There is still some work to do. Some new artwork is still missing, most obviously the background for the Radio-option in the Home Menu. And I might have missed some alignment issues (for Kodi Helix the alignment for some labels and the aspect ratio for some images was changed). I even fixed some bugs that I failed to find in Revolve 1.0.0.
I really enjoy this skin. Are there going to be any other color options or any touch controls going forward? What I mean about touch controls is a back button for devices without physical buttons. Just wondering, no pressure.
About the color options: I agree that more (or other) color options are a good idea. In 2.0.0~beta1 I've added a Red-on-Black option that is a bit darker than the other color options. I'm not really satisfied with the results, so it might change in a future release. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

About the touch controls: Currently I'm not using Kodi on any touch devices, so I've never considered adding a back-button. Adding a button is pretty easy, so I'll probably add this button in the next beta (if I can figure out a good position on the screen for this button).
In my opinion, the upper right corner would a good spot. On a side note, it may just be a touch isue but scrolling the selections is sporatic, meaning it jumps way past where your scrolling to. If you have no way tob test touch controls not sure how you can fix that though.As for color options, sports team colors would be fun. Like the Saints black and gold or green bays green and yellow, things like that. Simple basic color schemes are great too. I'll help with touch testing all I can though.
@Malthus - chiming in to let you know that your work is not going unnoticed. I just installed 2.0beta1 now and am blown away.
@player594, I'll try the back-button in the upper right corner, but it might interfere with the scrollbar. I'm also considering the lower right corner, but that spot is used by the video- and music-overlays. I think the back-button is going to be a bit of a puzzle. And I think (or hope) that I can add a debug-option to solve this scrolling issue.

@bry, thanks!
Just had a thought about the back button. What about a slide out on the left side like the options? Though those don't work on touch. You might be able to make it so if you touch the left edge the menu slides out. Don't know it works like that though.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
revolve5