• 77(current)
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)
(2015-09-26, 12:08)couto27 Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 08:46)tredman Wrote: Wetek Core does Netflix HD, the ability to use apps like Netflix is probably the only / main reason to use kodi on android. Given that then the wetek core looks a great option.

Putting this way doesn't seem a great option....

Conclusion: Netflix HD or any other streaming services are video/audio "fast food"....
And oh how the masses like fast food. Wink
Usually always on, convenience beats tech specs any time of the day, especially on an Android platform.

So will the new WeTeK 4k player support 3d iso/mvc playback and HD audio passthrough and 23.974 in either android or openelec.

For most these options are a must!
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
Answer: No - Buy a PS3.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Buy a ps3, really. Why would I want a ps3!

Or maybe you can show me how to install kodi on a ps3 :-?
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2015-09-26, 11:06)couto27 Wrote: Indeed lossy is fine for most users, and i use it for some years until one day......
I bought my first Av receiver capable of Hd audio and tried DTS-HD and TrueHD the diferences was so obvious to lossy that i couldn't go back.
There´s a huge audible differences from DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS core and to DTS from DVD ( 754.5 kbps** )
You will be surprised when you take A/B tests. Try these tests:
1) http://test.tidalhifi.com/intro
2) http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/20...io-quality

Be honest and report your results Smile

I believe fritsch had done something similar a few years ago.
Yeah - but I fooled everybody :-)

It was funny to see the audiophiles fail, hehe.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-26, 21:03)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - but I fooled everybody :-)

It was funny to see the audiophiles fail, hehe.

I was one among the many who failed Sad
(2015-09-26, 21:00)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 11:06)couto27 Wrote: Indeed lossy is fine for most users, and i use it for some years until one day......
I bought my first Av receiver capable of Hd audio and tried DTS-HD and TrueHD the diferences was so obvious to lossy that i couldn't go back.
There´s a huge audible differences from DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS core and to DTS from DVD ( 754.5 kbps** )
You will be surprised when you take A/B tests. Try these tests:
1) http://test.tidalhifi.com/intro
2) http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/20...io-quality

Be honest and report your results Smile

I believe fritsch had done something similar a few years ago.

Oh dear Sleepy
Im talking about DTS lossy VS dts-hd lossless differences in cinema .... check my signature, if i want stereo i would have bought some stereo amplifier in 2.0 configuration.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2015-09-27, 00:16)couto27 Wrote: Oh dear Sleepy
Im talking about DTS lossy VS dts-hd lossless differences in cinema .... check my signature, if i want stereo i would have bought some stereo amplifier in 2.0 configuration.

It doesn't matter whether it is DTS lossy vs DTS-HD lossless. It is just compression vs no compression. MP3 vs PCM will have the biggest difference. If such a big difference cannot be easily discerned, the chances are lower for the differences between no compression and more efficient compression (DTS/Dolby lossy compressions) to be detected. Now, you can certainly hear the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 tracks (the surround effect). That advantage is lost if both formats are just 5.1.

You could still do the tests on your impressive audio setup and report your results Smile

There have also been blind tests done between LPCM and lossy tracks of the same movie and many found no difference between them. I will dig out those threads soon.

The point that I am trying to make is, the difference between the two formats aren't usually that great. That said, I do have to say that I only play the lossless tracks (LPCM/Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio). It doesn't matter to me whether I can hear the difference or not Wink
I have Kodi installed on Win 10 and have Ceton 6 ETH tuners, I want to be able to watch and record live TV with a Program guide and closed captioning. I have used my tuners for over a year on win 8.1 but I have updated to win 10. Does anyone have instructions available for this type setup?
(2015-09-27, 02:05)wesk05 Wrote: There have also been blind tests done between LPCM and lossy tracks of the same movie and many found no difference between them. I will dig out those threads soon.

Use your ears and experience to make judgments....

I understand that the average Joe can't distinguish the diference between Peak watts and RMS watts and unfortunalty most of them ends buying the latest low quality HTIB due some well implemented marketing.. thats a shame because with a little more money they would get a enjoyable home cinema for many years.

From my experience any 400$ entry-level AV receiver + small satellites like the Kef 3005 5.1 or the Monitor audio mass 5.1 (800$) is sufficient to listen huge differences between the same track in DTS-HD and the DTS core from the same bluray Movie.

(2015-09-27, 02:05)wesk05 Wrote: The point that I am trying to make is, the difference between the two formats aren't usually that great. That said, I do have to say that I only play the lossless tracks (LPCM/Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio). It doesn't matter to me whether I can hear the difference or not Wink

Good for you for always listening HD audio.
The debate start flamed Angel when i didn't recommend the Wetek Core + Netflix HD..(I also have a streaming box ATV3 )

I could rent all my movies in the ATV3, more convenient at all, but is missing the lossless audio, dolby digital in cinema is not enough for me, there is not enough Bass, rumble, crispy sound, like im used to listen in the bluray track...
In the HD Audio track i can listen more with less volume and still hear all the details and surround sound separation, while in the DTS/DD track the is sound is much more confused with the treble being more aggressive at higher volumes...

For Music, i use the airplay from the ATV3 to listen Spotify from the smartphone app or the laptop...only because its convenience with enough quality.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2015-09-27, 03:36)couto27 Wrote: Use your ears and experience to make judgments....

From my experience any 400$ entry-level AV receiver + small satellites like the Kef 3005 5.1 or the Monitor audio mass 5.1 (800$) is sufficient to listen huge differences between the same track in DTS-HD and the DTS core from the same bluray Movie.

I understand what you are saying. It all depends on the playback equipment and the individual's perception which is very subjective. Anyways... here is one of the first debates that was done on this topic: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ra...-hoax.html (post# 53 pertains to DTS).
(2015-09-27, 03:20)Rokonn Wrote: I have Kodi installed on Win 10 and have Ceton 6 ETH tuners, I want to be able to watch and record live TV with a Program guide and closed captioning. I have used my tuners for over a year on win 8.1 but I have updated to win 10. Does anyone have instructions available for this type setup?

If you want to stick with Windows 10, you have only one option: NextPVR. It will only do "freely copy" channels. In other words, if it is not CCI 0x00, it will not work.
(2015-09-26, 20:31)Mylo75 Wrote: So will the new WeTeK 4k player support 3d iso/mvc playback and HD audio passthrough and 23.974 in either android or openelec.

For most these options are a must!
I disagree, for 3D is in no way mainstream popular especially in a home setup as you need a massive screen for the complete 3D immersion effect. HD Audio passthrough is not essential for the WeTek targeted market either, especially for those with TV Tuners attached.

But I do agree 23.976fps (24p) video sync should be a standard feature to avoid horrible 3:2 pulldown judder. And for that AMLogic SoC's like that in the WeTek Core / MINIX / ODROID have had 24p available since Nov. 2014 for both Android and OpenELEC.

(2015-09-27, 05:24)wrxtasy Wrote: But I do agree 23.976fps (24p) video sync should be a standard feature to avoid horrible 3:2 pulldown judder. And for that AMLogic SoC's like that in the WeTek Core / MINIX / ODROID have had 24p available since Nov. 2014 for both Android and OpenELEC.
Yeah, but that was on Android 4.4. This has Android 5.1.1 (? Android TV OS). It is a completely different SDK. So, everything is still up in the air!
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pick the Right Kodi Box (UPDATED FEB 2015)26