• 165(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2015-09-20, 13:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-20, 09:46)jotosmurf Wrote: Thank you. Where is the custom artwork being stored if you turn off that option?

Not sure what you mean by "custom artwork".

If you have "Use local files" disabled, you will not be downloading artwork into your file system (or using any locally stored artwork), instead your media library will reference the artwork remotely using http urls. When you view this artwork in your Kodi client, the artwork will be downloaded into the texture cache (assuming the remote artwork is still available, of course).

Wrongly worded. I just meant the extra artwork downloaded by Artwork Downloader :-).

Ok that clears it up. I am planning to set up a MySQL instance. Where is the texture cache preserved?
(2015-09-20, 18:14)jotosmurf Wrote: Where is the texture cache preserved?

The texture cache is local on every client and comprised of a SQLite database (Textures13.db) and the Thumbnails folder.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-24, 08:27)rmrector Wrote: If I get some more time I want to expand on Martijn's work in 'master' on changing filenames to the same naming system that Kodi exports to, '<art_type>.jpg' for TV shows and '<media_filename>-<art_type>.jpg' for movies (and probably music videos), as that will allow for some great simplifications in the code, and I'll easily be able to set it up to add thumb# or any other artwork type you may want to specify with a local file to the artwork DB automatically.

Hi rmrector,

Thanks for your work on exapanding the addon! Just wanted to check in specifically on the progress on filenames. It's a bit confusing right now if you try to export directly from Kodi, or use a solution like Ember to manage artworks as AD adheres to a different standard than Kodi currently specifies for the file names. This will be a big improvement in the addon and ensure consistency moving forward.
(2015-09-30, 04:33)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi rmrector,

Thanks for your work on exapanding the addon! Just wanted to check in specifically on the progress on filenames. It's a bit confusing right now if you try to export directly from Kodi, or use a solution like Ember to manage artworks as AD adheres to a different standard than Kodi currently specifies for the file names. This will be a big improvement in the addon and ensure consistency moving forward.

@deh2k7 Martijn and I are working to get a handful of new changes into a new version of AD, and it will include that change, save local artwork with filenames that match the Kodi standard. No ETA, but it is on its way, barring any sort of catastrophe.
Sounds awesome. Will the saving of local artwork naming convention be selectable?

Or will AD be backwards compatible with earlier naming convention?

Cheers, looking forward to the new version...when available.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-09-30, 20:33)rmrector Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 04:33)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi rmrector,

@deh2k7 Martijn and I are working to get a handful of new changes into a new version of AD, and it will include that change, save local artwork with filenames that match the Kodi standard. No ETA, but it is on its way, barring any sort of catastrophe.

Great news! Thanks for your hard work.
(2015-10-01, 02:10)vbat99 Wrote: Sounds awesome. Will the saving of local artwork naming convention be selectable?

Or will AD be backwards compatible with earlier naming convention?

If using local files, it will likely rename most images with old names to the Kodi naming convention if it doesn't already exist. Applications built with Kodi in mind should already be using those filenames, and I don't expect a major clash with other applications.

Multi fanart / extrafanart will probably end up in limbo for awhile, where local files are still stored in the 'extrafanart' sub-directory, rather than fanart1.jpg / <filename>-fanart1.jpg and so on that would match the new scheme. This allows skins to continue using the classic 'extrafanart' for a transition period.

Extrathumbs filenames are unlikely to change.
Thank You for the plugin.
I receive this error :
14:26:00 T:4916 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ######## Artwork Downloader: Initializing...............................
14:26:00 T:4916 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ## Add-on Name = Artwork Downloader
14:26:00 T:4916 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ## Version = 12.0.29
14:29:47 T:12108 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
14:36:14 T:4916 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xea' in position 78: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 823, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 140, in __init__
self.download_artwork(mediaList, providers['movie_providers'])
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 358, in download_artwork
temp_image_list = self.provider.get_image_list(currentmedia['id'])
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\provider\tmdb.py", line 48, in get_image_list
data = get_data(API_URL%(media_id, API_KEY), 'json')
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.downloader\lib\utils.py", line 143, in get_data
result = cache.cacheFunction(get_data_new, url, data_type)
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib\StorageServer.py", line 551, in cacheFunction
name = self._generateKey(funct, *args)
File "C:\Users\saso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib\StorageServer.py", line 508, in _generateKey
keyhash.update(str(params))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xea' in position 78: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:39:49 T:9260 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true

But I can't find which file is causing the error.
Hi can anyone help me please. i am using the aeon mq5 isengard skin and downloaded all of the available artwork for my movies as per artwork downloader. All the art is downloaded in the same folder as my movies. It has added a bunch of 'posters.jpg's' (the blu ray covers) and I prefer the original ones. Even if I right click a movie and go to artwork gui and manually choose a new poster it doesnt apply, although l checked in my movie library and the file has changed to a new poster.jpg (the one I want). It just doesnt seem to apply within kodi itself, some sort of cache problem?

As there are a number of ones I want to change whats the best way to wipe everything and start over ? The posters were all fine before I did the arrtwork downloader scrape and I wanted to go back to that and use artwork downloader just for the other artworks eg disc art.

thanks for any help.
Got exactly the same issue as you, Citizen. The way it works for me is to move the image file you want to use to the extra fanart folder. Select it again from there and it'll work.
Hey there,

I've activated the Centralize option, to avoid the download on my shows folder, and to get all artwork in the same spot.

My USB is now full of pictures, but the addon still continue to create extrafanart folder and to fill it... Why?
and what is the "Use local files" options ?
Thanks for your help.
how do i change the movie logo?
(2015-10-22, 13:51)rickyman Wrote: how do i change the movie logo?

Are you saying that you have a movie's logo in your library, but you recently changed said logo and it won't reflect the change in your library?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
yes.

how do i do that?

where do i setup the pic for the movies if i want all the pics in one folder?
Firstly, in case you're not aware, artworks (logo, fanart, clearart, poster, character, banner, etc) should be located in the movie's/TV show's respective folder.

For instance, below are the paths to the movie The Dark Knight and it's artworks:
Code:
...Movies
...Movies\The Dark Knight
...Movies\The Dark Knight\The Dark Knight.mp4
...Movies\The Dark Knight\logo.png
...Movies\The Dark Knight\poster.jpg
...Movies\The Dark Knight\fanart.jpg
...Movies\The Dark Knight\banner.jpg
...Movies\The Dark Knight\clearart.png

All of the movie's artworks are in its folder.

Unless you're referring to having all the artworks in one folder, whereby you have moviename-poster.jpg, moviename-logo.png, etc. If that's the case I can't help.

---------------

When the movie/TV show is scraped into your Kodi library, Kodi will detect the poster and fanart (don't remember if it caches the logo and banner as well). Then this is where Artwork Downloader comes into play. It loads the extra artwork into your Kodi library.

I remember having this same issue as you, where I would change a particular artwork, but it doesn't change in Kodi. What causes this is caching. The old artwork is still cached in Kodi, so you won't see the change immediately. The solution is to re-cache the artwork. I was told once that the new artwork would eventually show up after a few hours.

I didn't wait for that, so I don't know if it works. What I use is Milhouse's Texture Cache Maintenance tool. You would have to download it and Python, and use the command line to re-cache the image. It's a great tool to familiarize yourself with because it can clean your thumbnails folder when it starts to consume too much hard drive space.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18