• 119(current)
Kyra for Kodi
And with the settings batch size setting I am done with everything I have planned for version 1.7.
This weekend I will do some additional testing of the two new remote control views and finalise the settings for them.

When this weekend nothing serious is found I am going to submit version 1.7. So, keep your fingers crossed :-)
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Very nice looking controller ! Does it support Zeroconfig for finding host on the network or do you have to do it manually ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2015-09-30, 20:12)Rickt1962 Wrote: Very nice looking controller ! Does it support Zeroconfig for finding host on the network or do you have to do it manually ?

You have to it manually. It's really not that complicated. It's described in detail in the help.
(2015-09-30, 16:29)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 16:24)meridius Wrote: Richard could I make a design suggestion for the extra info. Thought I would ask first if your willing to make it for the new theme view as the new extra info seems to repeat alot of stuff.

Of course you can always suggest things!
Just wanted to say that I know there's duplicate info. My intention for this is not only to use it for the remote control view, but also in other places where that info is not available.

Ok I'll leave it until you are ready or if wanted
I might post the image just to show you what I mean and leave it in your hands
(2015-10-01, 08:25)meridius Wrote: I might post the image just to show you what I mean and leave it in your hands

You can always post a screen shot. No problem. I can always make some adjustments in a next update.
To be truthful it's not a lot. I'll try and get one up tonight
Here's the list for version 1.7 (I hope I didn't forgot something):

- Changed to a new name. Url scheme is updated with new name
- Music: when an artist is selected the info for the artist is displayed first (instead of album)
- Music: option added: only rotate CDart when album is play (general settings)
- Music: option added: if CDart is not available use blank CDart (general settings)
- Music: option added: toggle fullscreen when song or album played (general settings)
- Music: number played is highlighted when album is selected
- Remote Control: option added: go directly to remote control after initiating play (general settings)
- UI Tweaks
- Bug fixes

Pro version:
- 2 new remote control views have been added: Touch2 en Meridius. Featuring:
* Use your customizable top menu bar and bottom menu bar (Touch2 only)
* Speed scroll pad. Navigate through Kodi using different speeds
* Quick jump bar. Go to a letter in your library fast
* Extended info. This will display all sorts info about the movie being played and allows to display your fan art full screen on your device. The extended info supports CDart
* Button and touch mode
* The Meridius view has a dynamic color and gold color option
* Retractable info bar which gives you more space for the touch gestures
- Advanced settings: option added: batch size retrieving movies
Thanks Richard! I can't wait. When will you be submitting it to the App Store?
(2015-10-02, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks Richard! I can't wait. When will you be submitting it to the App Store?

I think tomorrow. I always have the feeling I have missed something Confused
So one more test round.
Great news: I have just submitted version 1.7. The average review time is 6 days.
excellent news Richard.
Now that a new version has been submitted to Apple, and until it's on the App Store, I am taking some time to experiment with ideas.

The next thing was actually an idea of Goliath2000

He came up with the following idea (if I am right):
When you are browsing through your library and you select a movie, the details of that movie are only being displayed on your iPad. It would also be handy to display the movie info on the big screen. So actually selecting the same movie in Kodi.

I was experimenting earlier with getting info displayed in Kodi. It can be done, but I foresee some difficulties in certain scenarios.
That's why I have decided to do it the other way around. I am not trying to select the same movie in Kodi, I will create the info myself and display that in Kodi.

The following screen shots are just taken from a proof of concept.
When selecting the extended info of a movie I will take a snapshot of the screen and display it in Kodi, like this:

Would this be a useful feature?
@rschiks I'm really glad that you have looked into this! I think this is a useful feature and by the way I really look forward for this new 1.7 release!
Keep up with the good work and thanks for bringing this wonderful app to everyone!
(2015-10-03, 22:23)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks I'm really glad that you have looked into this! I think this is a useful feature and by the way I really look forward for this new 1.7 release!
Keep up with the good work and thanks for bringing this wonderful app to everyone!

Hope you won't be disappointed then!

So far no one said this displaying a screen shot feature is not an useful feature!
I think it can be used in the following places:
- movies
- series
- music
- fan art (display the fan art, like backgrounds, covers, etc on Kodi)

When detailed movie information is shown I can add a button to also display the info on the big screen.
In the settings I can add a switch to do this automatically.

Did I miss something, or should I do it differently?
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8