• 3(current)
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis
(2015-09-28, 17:29)stueeey Wrote: looks like the mimic fires are still being stoked @braz
Haha, you don't miss much! Wink

Yeah, just got back and merged Bob Cratchet's changes to fully implement skinshortcuts. Let me know if you find any issues.
I have an addiction... will do!
Hey Braz,

I've been using mimic since I first tried it. Love the skin.

I do have a minor request: Is there a way to turn the TV Next Aired Addon into a widget?

I think it would be pretty cool to be able to use that as the widget for the Live TV tab.

Just a thought.

Thanks for all the hard work.
(2015-09-28, 18:07)ngergely Wrote: Hey Braz,

I've been using mimic since I first tried it. Love the skin.

I do have a minor request: Is there a way to turn the TV Next Aired Addon into a widget?

I think it would be pretty cool to be able to use that as the widget for the Live TV tab.

Just a thought.

Thanks for all the hard work.
If you want to test out the latest Mimic version on github, there are now TV Channels and My TV Shows Airing Today widgets.
Many thanks to @BobCratchett for updating Mimic to use the latest features of script.skinshortcuts. I had tried and failed to do it myself so the help is much appreciated. The entire process for customizing and displaying the menus, widgets, backgrounds, etc has been completely overhauled. This update means we can eliminate several custom windows and there is no longer a need for custom widgets. You can create as many menu items as you want and I just added a feature where you can set the icon aspect ratio for each widget (poster, square, landscape).

If you're feeling adventurous enough to test, the latest is on github. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

I noticed the weather widgets are broken in the alternative home layouts, will fix soon...

Update: Fixed on git.
Installed latest GIT version and fanart backgrounds are no longer appearing when scrolling through library viewtypes. Couldn't find a skin setting to activate them again, is this by design?

EDIT: Wonder if this is related to skin shortcuts as I've also installed latest GIT version of your Arctic mod and the same behaviour occurs in that skin as well
hi braz... been running mimic this evening, looking good thanks.

one observation, not sure if this is skin.shortcuts related or mimic skin itself... taking a movie widget as an example on permanent display (always show widgets) the movie title is also permanently displayed even when it is not focused (when pressing up to focus enlarge poster). so it really has no bearing on what you are currently viewing. if the background fanart displayed the movie fanart in question I would understand it.

I believe previous mimic incarnation only displayed the focused widget movie title once focused (I may be wrong).
(2015-09-30, 23:07)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Installed latest GIT version and fanart backgrounds are no longer appearing when scrolling through library viewtypes. Couldn't find a skin setting to activate them again, is this by design?

EDIT: Wonder if this is related to skin shortcuts as I've also installed latest GIT version of your Arctic mod and the same behaviour occurs in that skin as well
You likely need to update script.skinshortcuts to the latest from github as well. Fanart is working here.

(2015-09-30, 23:54)stueeey Wrote: hi braz... been running mimic this evening, looking good thanks.

one observation, not sure if this is skin.shortcuts related or mimic skin itself... taking a movie widget as an example on permanent display (always show widgets) the movie title is also permanently displayed even when it is not focused (when pressing up to focus enlarge poster). so it really has no bearing on what you are currently viewing. if the background fanart displayed the movie fanart in question I would understand it.

I believe previous mimic incarnation only displayed the focused widget movie title once focused (I may be wrong).
Fixed on github, thanks for the report. Also rewrote the widget background animations to fix the background when widgets are persistent and a menu item doesn't have an assigned widget.
Thanks Bryan, updated skin shortcuts and working now
Two questions:

1. Will I be able to import my Mimic settings from Isengard into Jarvis?

2. Would you recommend installing Jarvis yet, and if so: nightlies or Alpha 2?

Ta
(2015-10-01, 13:26)Fist Wrote: Two questions:

1. Will I be able to import my Mimic settings from Isengard into Jarvis?

2. Would you recommend installing Jarvis yet, and if so: nightlies or Alpha 2?

Ta
1) I wouldn't try to manually do it, as the way the menus/widgets/backgrounds are setup has changed. Though if you install over Isengard, many of your other settings will be remembered.

2) I use the nightlies and haven't had any stability issues. You can always install in portable mode if you just want to test it.
Mimic is already nearly perfect for my use, but I was wondering how feasible it would be to change the wall views for TV Shows (or to add a new view) to show the correct aspect ratio for the thumbnails.

I also wanted to ask about the wall view in the music section. The aspect ratio is normal there but I was wondering if there could be an option to increase the grid size (to 2 rows wide).

I understand if these wouldn't be worth the effort, but I felt I had to ask just in case.
@braz

maybe i overlooked something, but i can't find an option to add random items widgets (movies/episodes/albums).

Has that functionality been deprecated and if so, which xml files would i have to look at to add it back for myself?

Thank you for all your good work.
(2015-10-10, 22:33)Tathāgata Wrote: Mimic is already nearly perfect for my use, but I was wondering how feasible it would be to change the wall views for TV Shows (or to add a new view) to show the correct aspect ratio for the thumbnails.

I also wanted to ask about the wall view in the music section. The aspect ratio is normal there but I was wondering if there could be an option to increase the grid size (to 2 rows wide).

I understand if these wouldn't be worth the effort, but I felt I had to ask just in case.
No plans to change any of the views right now, I'm happy with the way they are.

(2015-10-12, 16:13)thatguy7669 Wrote: @braz

maybe i overlooked something, but i can't find an option to add random items widgets (movies/episodes/albums).

Has that functionality been deprecated and if so, which xml files would i have to look at to add it back for myself?

Thank you for all your good work.
If you're using the latest Mimic from Github, you'll need to make sure you have the latest script.skinshortcuts and script.skin.helper.service. The helper service now provides a lot of the default widgets.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 3.x for Jarvis3