• 61(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-09-25, 23:58)hdmkv Wrote: Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I hate menus... just the movie in MKV or ISO. Easy launch and enjoy vs. all the animated menus, sub-menus, etc.

- 1 I like menusLaugh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Now that Nvidia Shield TV is coming to Europe, it's a very good, although expensive, way to passthrough my DTS-HD videos!!
Specially the OTA 2.0 that is on the corner... http://nvidiashieldzone.com/index.php/20...-and-more/

Does anyone know if Kodi (from play store) can in reality made passthrough DTS-HD ?!

Hmm, my question is, why Nvidia Shield TV is not on the players chart at OP post ?!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
yeah shield should be in opening post as well
Also himedia m3 is worth next to Q5
(2015-10-01, 13:10)onesolo Wrote: Now that Nvidia Shield TV is coming to Europe, it's a very good, although expensive, way to passthrough my DTS-HD videos!!
Specially the OTA 2.0 that is on the corner... http://nvidiashieldzone.com/index.php/20...-and-more/

Does anyone know if Kodi (from play store) can in reality made passthrough DTS-HD ?!

Hmm, my question is, why Nvidia Shield TV is not on the players chart at OP post ?!

Nvidia shield not support full 3D bluray iso
Quote:Believe it or not, but a great many of us couldn't give a damn about 3D.
Confused
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-10-01, 13:41)looun Wrote:
(2015-10-01, 13:10)onesolo Wrote: Now that Nvidia Shield TV is coming to Europe, it's a very good, although expensive, way to passthrough my DTS-HD videos!!

Nvidia shield not support full 3D bluray iso
Quote:Believe it or not, but a great many of us couldn't give a damn about 3D.
Confused
and?!? what's the deal about not supporting ?!?
It should be also there... other players on that chart doesn't support some things, hd audio for ex, and they are there...
It would be cool for everyone to know what shield is truly capable, even on things that is supposed to do...

And pesonaly, I care less for 3D, but understand why others care, but 3D is something that is tending to disappear from hardware (TVs) and movies discs... and for example HD Audio is not going away ever...
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
What is "hd audio for ex"? All players on the chart support full 3D and hd audio (passed or decoded).

Agree that 3D support is waning, which is too bad as there have been some good movies I can't imagine watching if not in 3D... Avatar, Hugo, Gravity to name a few. Maybe Avatar sequels will revive interest with studios and manufacturers.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Firmware for Soc Chipset Rockchip RK3288 where someone says the 23.976 bug is fixed
Don't no if this are old news...

Quote:Here is a video improvement patch for Firefly or other RK3288 devices

More info about video improvement patch
- 23.976fps playback improvement
- Update ffplayer and ffmpeg, optimized video display
- Some ui display optimization
- Supports 4K 10bit video
- Supports 4096 resolution video
- To solve the problem can not play video games
- Increase CPU lower limit to 600mhz
Beware unknown source
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2JoqOT...sp=sharing

via: firefly forum
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Framerate sync 23.976 is Fixed on RK3288 with beta Firmware no public currently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfUWxvSEi0Q
HI all,

i apologise in advance if this question has already been asked or if its an obvious answer however, on the list of supported devices, under RPI2 it days, DTS-HD and True hd decoded (not bitstreamed) to LPCM output.

What does that actually mean and if its not bitstreamed, does that mean you loose the effects and quality of the dts-hd sound?

sorry if its a noob question but just something that could find a solid answer to.

Thanks in advance.
(2015-10-02, 00:26)true_devil Wrote: HI all,

i apologise in advance if this question has already been asked or if its an obvious answer however, on the list of supported devices, under RPI2 it days, DTS-HD and True hd decoded (not bitstreamed) to LPCM output.

What does that actually mean

The Pi / Pi 2 HDMI audio system doesn't have the functionality required to carry a bitstreamed DTS-HD MA/HRA or a Dolby True HD HD audio signal. However it can carry 48/96kHz 16-24bit 5.1 and 7.1 and 192kHz 16-24 bit 4.0 PCM uncompressed audio.

There has been lossless decoding of Dolby True HD in software for a while, but only recently has open source losses decoding of DTS-HD MA/HRA been available. For HD Audio sound tracks the Pi / Pi 2 can now losslessly decode to PCM (effectively doing the same thing as an AVR would do with a bitstreamed feed) any 48/96kHz 20-24 bit 5.1/7.1 tracks. It can't losslessly decode 5.1/7.1 192kHz tracks, and will have to downsample to a lower sample rate or down mix to fewer channels - but there are only a tiny number of these 192k multichannel sound tracks out there. The massive majority of audio sound tracks are 48kHz - there aren't many 96kHz and very few 192kHz on major releases.

The PS3 does something similar when feeding some AVRs - as early HDMI audio AVRs didn't include DTS HD and Dolby True HD decoding - to allow the PS3 to play HD Audio by decoding to PCM in the same way the Pi does. (in fact some early Blu-ray and HD-DVD players may also have decoded to PCM)

Quote:and if its not bitstreamed, does that mean you loose the effects and quality of the dts-hd sound?

You don't lose quality in most cases - all that has changed is that the Pi / Pi 2 is decoding the audio, not the amp. You don't get full 192kHz mulitchannel (as mentioned above this is a non-issue for all but literally a handful of releases)

You may lose out on some functionality that requires metadata in the bitstream (such as 'night listening' modes), and some 5.1<->7.1 conversions may not be quite so good. However in most cases you will get a pretty near identical result to bitstreaming.

You won't get Dolby Atmos and DTS:x - but very few people have AVRs for these systems, and there are very few releases in these formats
(2015-10-02, 00:26)true_devil Wrote: i apologise in advance if this question has already been asked or if its an obvious answer however, on the list of supported devices, under RPI2 it days, DTS-HD and True hd decoded (not bitstreamed) to LPCM output.

What does that actually mean and if its not bitstreamed, does that mean you loose the effects and quality of the dts-hd sound?

Means that the RPI2 decodes de Audio..

This is Bitstream example.

For the best quality use bit streaming, the Av receivers tend to have better decoding, in the past i compared a bluray player sony S-790 VS Onkyo 818 the difference was not night and day but i always prefer the receiver.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

For me it simply, understandble... it can decode it self HD audio formats and convert them to PCM but... no one can (or is whilling) make it passtrough the signal...
And don't give me licenses crap... to passthrough they say it's require... but to decode itself... doesn't need it... and that doesn't make any sense... if it was supposed to have licences for that, it would be to decode by itself and not to passthrough the signal...
(2015-10-02, 10:47)onesolo Wrote: For me it simply, understandble... it can decode it self HD audio formats and convert them to PCM but... no one can (or is whilling) make it passtrough the signal...
Very simple - it's a hardware limitation. DTS HD and Dolby True HD require a higher peak bandwidth in the HDMI Audio stream than the HDMI audio system in the Broadcom SoCs that the Pi / Pi 2 use can handle. This is the same limitation that stops the Pi / Pi 2 handling 192kHz 5.1/7.1 PCM and limits it to 4.0 at 192kHz.

Although HD Audio is lossless compression, it doesn't always compress hugely, so it has to cope with peaks of audio that are almost un-compressed, and as DTS HD / Dolby True HD can carry 192kHz 5.1/7.1 tracks, the HDMI bandwidth required for bitstream is similar to PCM. The gain of lossless compression is in on-disk storage terms (as it provides a useful - albeit variable - bitrate reduction with no quality loss), however it doesn't massively decrease the bandwith required for carriage over HDMI.

The reality is that there is next-to-no 192k 5.1/7.1 content (I have one disk - Akira - with a Dolby True HD 192kHz 5.1 track) - but that doesn't stop the HD Audio formats requiring a higher bandwith than is supported by the Pi / Pi 2.
Quote:And don't give me licenses crap... to passthrough they say it's require... but to decode itself... doesn't need it... and that doesn't make any sense... if it was supposed to have licences for that, it would be to decode by itself and not to passthrough the signal...

Nothing to do with licences - hardware limitation pure and simple.

Kodi - and lots of Open Source software in general - takes the view that it is up to end users to ensure that they comply with any licensing requirements I believe.
ok, I understand that's an hardware limitation of HDMI, but sometimes I see claming tha's due HDMI and others claming that's due to lack of license... and I don't know where to believe
(2015-10-02, 18:40)onesolo Wrote: ok, I understand that's an hardware limitation of HDMI, but sometimes I see claming tha's due HDMI and others claming that's due to lack of license... and I don't know where to believe

Believe this - no licence required for passthrough.

And then this - the RPi/RPi2 HDMI can't deliver the required 192KHz 8-channel stream (even for 48KHz audio) when using passthrough.

Fortunately, thanks to the recently available dcadec library, decoding HD audio - both TrueHD and DTS-HDMA - on the RPi to 48KHz 8-channel PCM is now possible, and since virtually all Blu-rays encode HD audio at 48KHz it means precious little difference when compared with passthrough.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17