• 120(current)
Kyra for Kodi
Hi all Smile

Very good new for version 1.7. I wait Smile Thank you @rschkis

@rschiks it's possible add for next version this :

Pro version:

* Use your customizable top menu bar and bottom menu bar (Remote Meridius design)?
@rschiks I think the way you are doing it is great but there is also another way to do this. You can jump to a specific movie, music, series etc and let the current kodi skin handle it or you can do it in your way where you are able to define everything that you want to show on the screen. I think both solution is useful.

you can add this button into "detailed movie information"
Awesome work there ! only two things to add to make it even better

1. season select then episode list for series
2. queu button smart playlist

again thx so much for this app !
@Richard have to get you the other 5 colour themes to you as well since there are only two colours used that should be easy ? or not
(2015-10-02, 18:30)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 18:28)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks Richard! I can't wait. When will you be submitting it to the App Store?

I think tomorrow. I always have the feeling I have missed something Confused
So one more test round.

I definitely missed something! Blush
I forgot about new screen shots, because of the new name. When making them I found out that selecting a different view in series crashed the app! I really have no idea why, I haven't changed that code in months, but it seems that since iOS9 something has changed. It took me a while but it's fixed now. I had to upload a new build (this time with the new screen shots).
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-10-04, 09:19)madmartigan57 Wrote: Hi all Smile

Pro version:

* Use your customizable top menu bar and bottom menu bar (Remote Meridius design)?

I still have no idea how to continue with this new theme. I have mixed feelings about it. It took me 1,5 months to just have a remote control view and there are still lots of screens to go.
There's a lot on my to do list to add to this app.
When the iPad Pro is released I have to modify every screen to fully support it. Maybe this is the time to see if I can make all screens full screen. But then again: if it's just the extra space you need, the iPad Pro adds a lot of it...
(2015-10-04, 09:26)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks I think the way you are doing it is great but there is also another way to do this. You can jump to a specific movie, music, series etc and let the current kodi skin handle it or you can do it in your way where you are able to define everything that you want to show on the screen. I think both solution is useful.

you can add this button into "detailed movie information"

I already tried this but ran in to several problems, so this won't be an option (for now). Remains to create the info myself and display it on Kodi.
My plan is to add series/music to the extended info, so the place for this would be ideal. Now the extended info is only available in the remote control view but I want to add this option to other places.
(2015-10-04, 09:38)Njaynl Wrote: Awesome work there ! only two things to add to make it even better

1. season select then episode list for series
2. queu button smart playlist

again thx so much for this app !

yep, they are on the to do list.
As I see it right now I want to create an entirely new series view and will implement the season option.
(2015-10-04, 10:29)meridius Wrote: @Richard have to get you the other 5 colour themes to you as well since there are only two colours used that should be easy ? or not

When version 1.7 is out I think I have to make some adjustments anyway. New colors can be added easily (I just need the RGB codes).
(2015-10-04, 11:54)rschiks Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 09:19)madmartigan57 Wrote: Hi all Smile

Pro version:

I still have no idea how to continue with this new theme. I have mixed feelings about it. It took me 1,5 months to just have a remote control view and there are still lots of screens to go.
There's a lot on my to do list to add to this app.
When the iPad Pro is released I have to modify every screen to fully support it. Maybe this is the time to see if I can make all screens full screen. But then again: if it's just the extra space you need, the iPad Pro adds a lot of it...

what sort of mixed feelings ?
The work vs the benefits. Looking at post 1746 the only thing I see is around 100 lines of additional vertical space.
My initial design was not to use every pixel available of the screen.

The iPad Pro will automatically give that space (and more) back.

The new theme also taught me that it brings inflexibility. If I want to add new functionality I can now simply add it.
A lot is still on my list.

I know from experience it won't stay with only a new theme with a few options (movies, series, music, remote control view). What about using add-ons, progress, extended info, fan art, history, playlists? All those features also want to be used in the new theme.
@rschiks wait and see what reaction you will get from users when they start to play around with this new theme, if you get positive feedback then you obviously haven't waste your time at all on it!
I personally think that you need to have a application where everything is designed in a proper way and looks/feels nice to work with. I understand that you want to add new useful features into the app easily but you have to consider the look and feeling at the same time. Maybe the best approach would be to add new features in one release and in the next release after you can focus on theme design, by that you can balance your work.
(2015-10-04, 16:49)Goliath2000 Wrote: @rschiks wait and see what reaction you will get from users when they start to play around with this new theme, if you get positive feedback then you obviously haven't waste your time at all on it!
I personally think that you need to have a application where everything is designed in a proper way and looks/feels nice to work with. I understand that you want to add new useful features into the app easily but you have to consider the look and feeling at the same time. Maybe the best approach would be to add new features in one release and in the next release after you can focus on theme design, by that you can balance your work.

Is the current theme that bad? I think it's looking very nice....I also hear that from other people.
It was bothering me that the music fan art can't be updated in Kodi. But hey, I can store the info locally. When an artist is selected and you have chosen different fan art I will check the local database and replace the url.

A few bugs in Kodi still prevent me from getting the right info needed to get fan art from fanart.tv.
(For now) I am querying musicbrainz.org for the ids and feed those ids to fanart.tv. Which gives me everything I need.
Since I can get info from musicbrainz a lot of additional info is available, maybe some useful to add to the extended info.

This I already have (additional fan art for Within Temptation):

Any thoughts about the function multiple windows in IOS 9? Like it would be useful with a quarter window with only a limited remote next to f.e. Safari?
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kyra for Kodi8