Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
<refresh >
< min > 23 < / min >
< max > 24 < / max >
<delay > 175 < / delay>
</refresh >
@wsnipex

Thanks
Sound delayed behind video instead of the traditional video behind sound would indicate the need to advance the audio, would it not? Which is on-screen indicated by +0.175 instead of -0.175?

If he's running an OpenElec build, there is usually a 175ms delay built in for 23-24hz as the majority of users require it. I know it was removed from one of the OE builds, but then added again. Not sure which he's running. The codec info screen would indicate for him if there was some kind of default delay being added. If there is, then the 0 setting originally posted would be correct.
@Sunflux

Did you manage to figure out the problem with the screen being too bright on first boot with passthrough 16:235? I am getting the same issue but as a temporary solution I have set my TV to limited in the TV's settings and that works well for me.

Cheers
Is it fixed? No, not yet. Issue seems to be that calling the new Passthrough mode does not trigger a reinitialization like it should.

At any rate, there are 2 workarounds that work on my system:

1) set Kodi to run at something other than the system default of 60hz (might be 50hz in PAL regions). For example, setting it to 59.94 works.
2) in autostart.sh, turn the display output off and then on again, ie:

Code:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --off; xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto

I do not seem to need the "sleep 1" command as originally indicated.
builds updated:
Memleak fixed?
Using color passthrough by default and output is switched off and on ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
How does this color passtrough affects ppa build? Any changes required in autostart?
Since using the patched kernel by fritsch, everything looks fine for me, at least full/limited range wise.
(2015-10-04, 19:24)gurabli Wrote: How does this color passtrough affects ppa build? Any changes required in autostart?
Since using the patched kernel by fritsch, everything looks fine for me, at least full/limited range wise.
Not supported in your kernel. I did not build one with BSW fix and pasdthrough colors.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-04, 19:26)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 19:24)gurabli Wrote: How does this color passtrough affects ppa build? Any changes required in autostart?
Not supported in your kernel. I did not build one with BSW fix and pasdthrough colors.
When you will find some time, will you build a kernel with BSW fix and color passtrough? Thanks.
Learn sth for life and try yourself :-)
(2015-10-04, 19:43)fritsch Wrote: Learn sth for life and try yourself :-)
Ok, I will look into it. Sounds challangingSmile
(2015-10-04, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: builds updated:
Memleak fixed?

Isengard works without issues for me. Been skipping/pausing/starting/ back and forth in remuxes and no crashes or odd behaviour.
(2015-10-04, 18:20)Sunflux Wrote: Is it fixed? No, not yet. Issue seems to be that calling the new Passthrough mode does not trigger a reinitialization like it should.

At any rate, there are 2 workarounds that work on my system:

1) set Kodi to run at something other than the system default of 60hz (might be 50hz in PAL regions). For example, setting it to 59.94 works.
2) in autostart.sh, turn the display output off and then on again, ie:

Code:
xrandr --output HDMI1 --off; xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto

I do not seem to need the "sleep 1" command as originally indicated.

Cheers Sunflux

I was just about to try those but then noticed fritsch has now fixed this in the latest build. Thank you very much fritsch Smile
(2015-10-04, 20:32)Hufvudet Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: builds updated:
Memleak fixed?

Isengard works without issues for me. Been skipping/pausing/starting/ back and forth in remuxes and no crashes or odd behaviour.

I added sunflux workaround to the Isengard build only .... for Jarvis you need autostart.sh workarounds.
Tested last jarvis

all ok, only difference noticed vs 2 oct build with my tv now range rgb auto act as limited

thank you fritsch
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18