• 5(current)
Req J* feature request thread
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...nfocus.exe adds support for onfocus/onunfocus actions for base containers (fixedlist / panels). Would be cool to get some feedback on it before i am going to PR the change.

As phil wrote, this will triggered actions once for the list control, not the actual listitems. Not entirely sure if it's this what you had in mind but it will open up new possibilities without using hacks.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-03, 16:34)phil65 Wrote: That´s something different because by putting a button into focusedlayout it triggers for every listitem during scrolling, and not just once for the entire container.
Yes, but now we have to "misuse" that approach just to trigger something when the list itself was focused.
(2015-10-03, 17:37)mkortstiege Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...nfocus.exe adds support for onfocus/onunfocus actions for base containers (fixedlist / panels). Would be cool to get some feedback on it before i am going to PR the change.

As phil wrote, this will triggered actions once for the list control, not the actual listitems. Not entirely sure if it's this what you had in mind but it will open up new possibilities without using hacks.

Just tested with your test build. Working as a charm!
Once thing I noticed: it works with panel containers, but doesn't work with a normal list container.
Great, will add those as well and put up a PR. Thanks for testing!

EDIT: PR @ https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8177
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-03, 18:28)mkortstiege Wrote: Great, will add those as well and put up a PR. Thanks for testing!

Great! Thanks for implementing it!
I'm gonna try again. I know I am as green as can get, so feel free to sort of ignore my ramblings Wink

1. musicplayer.album.dbid - To be able to jump to album. Is available for listitem.
2. musicplayer.albumartist.dbid / listitem.albumartist.dbid - To be able to list albums by artist without having navigated to album from an endless and thus useless list of artists (who doesnt browse by year and/or genre). A seperate function for this would be fine by me as I personally need it for an onclick event anyways. Seems essential for that whole dynamic content approach anyways.
3. ListItem.FilePath - To get to those pescy extra fanart images (that seems to have been forcefully downloaded and stored in all the wrong places lol)

Also, the artist and album descriptions can get really long and I guess (?) they are included in all lists = slower?
Why not have them load separately one by one when needed as they are probably not going to be viewed all at once anyways?
(2015-10-03, 17:37)mkortstiege Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...nfocus.exe adds support for onfocus/onunfocus actions for base containers (fixedlist / panels). Would be cool to get some feedback on it before i am going to PR the change.

Excellent! Big Grin

The main thing is for mouseover events. For instance, in Eminence I need to set a window property <onup> when focusing the background widget to trigger various slide animations for RSS and Kaitoast (and then clear it again when returning to the home menu ondown) -- This is not possible when using a mouse and the workaround, as marcelveldt notes, is either hacky buttons inside the list or a fake button over the top that prevents clicks from passing through. In general, it also seems better practice to have the conditions defined once for the control onfocus/onunfocus rather than needing special conditions for every control that sends focus to it.

tl;dr -- Exactly what I had in mind. Thank you Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I've started another win32 test build based on the actual PR. It should be on the mirrors within the next hour(s).

EDIT: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...ctions.exe
Probably yet another too complex/wrongly placed list of wishes:

Outline / dropshadow for text.
Different font for first letter or word or sentence.
Additive and other blending methods.
Option to add full column dividers in panels to show where next letter/year/whatever begins
Perhaps columns in text-containers or better yet, linked text-containers so contents can flow, especially the artist info can be quite long.
Images with border seem to have the same color as background. Would be nice if the background could be controlled. Ot perhaps it is just as fast or maybe even faster to draw the border using multiple images?

(And for the love of some entity get this board smartphone optimized ;-)
Drop shadow is possible with <shadowcolor>
I use tapatalk app for forums on my phone... Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-10-05, 08:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: Drop shadow is possible with <shadowcolor>

Fair enough. Then some options like size, offset and blur. :-)
Thanks for the app heads up.
Request for recently played albums and album artists as an option in music nodes.

Rambling ahead: In my current layout 36 recently played albums would look the best, and it seems forced at something like 25. Also, fcuk the users in case its something you need to mess with in advancedwhatyacallit.xml in some obscure corner of a harddrive.. who are they to know HOW and whats best for them. Wink) Album artists because the "artists" seem to be really hit and miss. Some artists are simply missing from the artists list and lots are just plain rediculous information about multiple artists. Obviously the sane thing would be a split/choice between artists and bands. Bands can have many different members, and the reverse is true for artists. Sure some artists's bands are called the same as them selves but almost noone is a true soloist. Anyways.. as it is, the musiclibrary is close to rediculous - but on it's way, definitly.. one can only look forward to any improvements.
How about being able to position the modal dialogs relative to the mouse/control that activated them (as most right mousebutton menus tend to do anyway)
That way they would almost make sense from a designers (read:my) point of view Wink

I apologize in advance if you think I am spamming! DO tell me to go somewhere else if I am barking up the wrong tree here as ignoring me doesn't seem to work - also sorry if this is already a feature I have yet to discover!
Allow a keyboard.xml distributed with skin to override all other bindings please.
Would give much more depth to controls than having to figure hacks to jump bindings.
Users cant be expected to edit xml, more so on standalone devices like fTV/android/etc.
Also maybe remove longpress back -> home, as I discovered holding longpress back on keyboard is dangerous, ie. editing master user name or password trying to delete all by longpress kicks back home with no clue of what is entered in field :/
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
J* feature request thread1