• 6(current)
Req J* feature request thread
(2015-10-06, 13:10)badaas Wrote: Also maybe remove longpress back -> home, as I discovered holding longpress back on keyboard is dangerous, ie. editing master user name or password trying to delete all by longpress kicks back home with no clue of what is entered in field :/

Agreed. Will check if there's a way around it while keeping.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-06, 13:05)badaas Wrote: Allow a keyboard.xml distributed with skin to override all other bindings please.
Would give much more depth to controls than having to figure hacks to jump bindings.
Users cant be expected to edit xml, more so on standalone devices like fTV/android/etc.

Allowing skins to ship their own keymaps will add yet another support burden to skinners and most likely ruin the overall experience. I think this is causing major fragmentation and other issues. IMO it's totally fine for skilled users (power users) to edit their mappings.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-05, 11:42)Torben Wrote: Request for recently played albums and album artists as an option in music nodes.

Recently played albums is already there. Not sure if a kinda dupe node for album artists is really needed. Please request it outside of this thread as it's not skin related.
(2015-10-04, 10:10)mkortstiege Wrote: I've started another win32 test build based on the actual PR. It should be on the mirrors within the next hour(s).

EDIT: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...ctions.exe

Excellent ! Just realized that this avoids me all these dummy buttons Inside focusedlayout.
Works perfectly and saves a lot of code for property settings. What about also a <onclick> action ?
This should also allow to set properties from the focused item ? This is still doable with onunload tag but when using $PARAM it makes a huge number of conditions in header Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-10-06, 17:42)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 10:10)mkortstiege Wrote: I've started another win32 test build based on the actual PR. It should be on the mirrors within the next hour(s).

Excellent ! Just realized that this avoids me all these dummy buttons Inside focusedlayout.
Works perfectly and saves a lot of code for property settings. What about also a <onclick> action ?
This should also allow to set properties from the focused item ? This is still doable with onunload tag but when using $PARAM it makes a huge number of conditions in header Wink

I can remove almost all of my hidden buttons in fTV using onunload apart from the ones in the main list that reset [move] the positions of the widget lists as these need to be triggered every time the main list is scrolled.
(2015-10-06, 17:48)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 17:42)Jayz2K Wrote:

I can remove almost all of my hidden buttons in fTV using onunload apart from the ones in the main list that reset [move] the positions of the widget lists as these need to be triggered every time the main list is scrolled.

Right, I did the same. The fact is my container ID is set as $PARAM[Id] so I have to set my property by checking the Id first since it's not possible to set the $PARAM[Id] in an <onunload> condition.
Not an issue but more comfortable and code saver to set the property with an <onclick> action (where I can place then a Container($PARAM[Id]).MyInfolabel ) Wink

@mkortstiege Is onscroll/onmove possible? I tried using onup/ondown but they only trigger when the list reaches the ends.
(2015-10-06, 16:54)mkortstiege Wrote: Recently played albums is already there.

According to the wiki recently played and albums does not mix. But maybe I get my information in the wrong place? To my defence it's harder than at microsoft to find the info you need in the wiki! Wink Anyways, I started a thread about the topic.
(2015-10-06, 18:13)Hitcher Wrote: @mkortstiege Is onscroll/onmove possible? I tried using onup/ondown but they only trigger when the list reaches the ends.

Unsure right now. Need to check that. Please remind me the other day in case i forgot about it Wink
@Torben, you tried a v16 (jarvis) alpha yet?
No I have not tried it yet. I do read about the new features. I got onboard at Isengard.
It should be great to have the possibility to have Settings.xml and SettingsCategory.xml as Dialog Windows instead of Common Windows. It could avoid to have to rebuild fake menus or use tricky frozen backgrounds when coming from a media viewtype. Smile Not sure if that's possible probably because of datas refresh in container but ... if there's a way Wink

Text box with pages

Reading large volumes of text is a pretty bad experience on your Kodi software.

By allowing text box to:
- not scroll
- skip to certain page
- report total number of pages, or when last page reached

We should be able to show texts in colums and book-styled layouts (and can get rid of scrolls!!)

(Lost a longer and prettier post thanks to this forum design from hell..)
Apart from skipping to a certain page the rest is already possible.

EDIT: As I was on my phone earlier -

Stop scrolling -
Code:
<autoscroll>false</autoscroll>

Total number of pages -
Code:
Container(id).NumPages
I read that as it would be a cakewalk for one of you majestic uber-hackers to implement?! :-)

I promise ypu it will be a worthwile addition and further the development of readability alot. Two textboxes coupled with a few more animation options (zoom about one axes only) and we can have a book to flip through.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
J* feature request thread1