• 64(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-10-07, 21:23)movie78 Wrote: On the HIMEDIA H8 Does 3D work in Kodi?
Nope.

You guys should see this... comparison of 3D ISO output from HiMedia Q5, Zidoo X6 and RPi2 (all with latest firmwares/updates). As I recently got an Epson 5025UB, it shows better signal information (compared to BenQ W1070 I was using before). At this point, unless 23.976 is re-fixed in HiMedia Q5, only RPi2 is displaying at proper framerates for all content types...

With RPi2, it's showing 23.94 vs. 23.98 (rounded up from 23.976), but I believe it's displaying at the proper framerate (both RPi2 sending, and Epson 5025 displaying). I say this because 5025UB sometimes reports 60 as 59.9x or 60.05.

Also, my Epson PJ is showing "RGB-Video" for RPi2 (which seems correct) vs. "Component" with HiMedia Q5 and Zidoo X6 (which doesn't seem right). Hoping popcornmix can enlighten us on this.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-07, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote: Also, my Epson PJ is showing "RGB-Video" for RPi2 (which seems correct) vs. "Component" with HiMedia Q5 and Zidoo X6 (which doesn't seem right). Hoping popcornmix can enlighten us on this.
RGB vs. YCbCr? What does it show with a 3D Blu-ray player?
Picture quality comparison

The RPi2 look good,the Zidoo doesn't look that great..

From my testing i taught the Zidoo picture looks a little dark
@hdmkv

Do you see the same thing?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I'm undecided on Zidoo; don't judge PQ based on above screenshots. I haven't had a chance to really sit down for 20 mins and watch a movie to judge PQ. Via its native player however, PQ is awful, and has that shakiness and pixellation I mentioned.
My HT
(2015-10-07, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote: You guys should see this... comparison of 3D ISO output from HiMedia Q5, Zidoo X6 and RPi2 (all with latest firmwares/updates). As I recently got an Epson 5025UB, it shows better signal information (compared to BenQ W1070 I was using before). At this point, unless 23.976 is re-fixed in HiMedia Q5, only RPi2 is displaying at proper framerates for all content types...

2D test?
(2015-10-07, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote: Also, my Epson PJ is showing "RGB-Video" for RPi2 (which seems correct) vs. "Component" with HiMedia Q5 and Zidoo X6 (which doesn't seem right). Hoping popcornmix can enlighten us on this.

strange: Component is RGB .
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
2D test... 1080p/23.976 BD rip to MKV:

- With Pi2, Epson reports 23.97
- With Q5, Epson reports 24.00
- With X6, Epson reports 24.00

The only gripe I have with RPi2 is the Kodi UI not coming back after playing videos (doesn't matter whether 2D or 3D). With latest Kodi 16 build, first time I power on Pi2, video plays, I press 'stop', and it goes back to Kodi UI. I play another video, I get a blank screen, so need to manually unplug and re-plug my Pi2. Now, when I play that 2nd video, no issues. With previous RPi2 builds, I'd have the 'no signal' or blank screen after stopping a video mid-stream, then it seemed resolved for a while after I disabled 'Sync playback to display', and only left 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' enabled.

If 3dgeek is reading, which Kodi 16 build are you on? And, are you having these issues with your Pi2? I see this reported by others as well.
My HT
(2015-10-07, 22:04)looun Wrote:
(2015-10-07, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote: You guys should see this... comparison of 3D ISO output from HiMedia Q5, Zidoo X6 and RPi2 (all with latest firmwares/updates). As I recently got an Epson 5025UB, it shows better signal information (compared to BenQ W1070 I was using before). At this point, unless 23.976 is re-fixed in HiMedia Q5, only RPi2 is displaying at proper framerates for all content types...

2D test?

strange: Component is RGB .

Nothing strange. No RGB.

What can I say, "Component" is 100% accurate. YCrCb, YPrPb, YUV are just ackward abbreviations (so to speak) of "component". Before Kodi forums, I always wrote "component", but switched over to YCrCb since that seems to be the standard way of designating component video around these shores.
Is RGB-Video the same thing as well? That's what Epson reports for Pi2.
My HT
No, RGB is RGB. Without knowing the projector, RGB-video probably refers to RGB limited. You can switch the rpi to component by editing boot parameters, but if I remember correctly, RGB limited should be the optimal output mode.
Then, I'll leave it alone... thanks Smile.
My HT
(2015-10-07, 22:51)Soli Wrote: What can I say, "Component" is 100% accurate. YCrCb, YPrPb, YUV are just ackward abbreviations (so to speak) of "component". Before Kodi forums, I always wrote "component", but switched over to YCrCb since that seems to be the standard way of designating component video around these shores.

YCrCb = Digital Component Video
YPrPb = Analogue Component Video
YUV = the analogue components used in a PAL encoder/decoder which have been weighted

Component describes all of them!
(2015-10-07, 22:51)Soli Wrote: What can I say, "Component" is 100% accurate. YCrCb, YPrPb, YUV are just ackward abbreviations (so to speak) of "component". Before Kodi forums, I always wrote "component", but switched over to YCrCb since that seems to be the standard way of designating component video around these shores.

(2015-10-07, 23:27)noggin Wrote: YCrCb = Digital Component Video
YPrPb = Analogue Component Video

What is up with this YCrCb and YPrPb notation? I have seen them written this way, but haven't found the reasoning for it. Is this a European thing?
Technically they are different abbreviations of the same thing. However, the coefficients and colorspaces are a little different whether you are in the digital or analog domains, so it's regarded that YCrCb means the digital domain and vice versa.

Originally YUV was introduced with color television as a means of having a signal that was compatible with both black/white and color TVs. But the term YUV does not refer to this specific implementation (instead we simply use "PAL") but as the equivalent of "component", which again is the equivalent of either/both YCrCb/YPrPb (and they are also used interchangeably even though they normally are seperated in the analog /digital domans)
(2015-10-08, 01:51)Soli Wrote: Technically they are different abbreviations of the same thing. However, the coefficients and colorspaces are a little different whether you are in the digital or analog domains, so it's regarded that YCrCb means the digital domain and vice versa.

Originally YUV was introduced with color television as a means of having a signal that was compatible with both black/white and color TVs. But the term YUV does not refer to this specific implementation (instead we simply use "PAL") but as the equivalent of "component", which again is the equivalent of either/both YCrCb/YPrPb (and they are also used interchangeably even though they normally are seperated in the analog /digital domans)

I totally understand what they are Smile What I am asking is why some people write YCbCr/YPbPr as YCrCb/YPrPb.
Oh sorry, it was partly an answer to noggin.

As for your question, I dunno, but it doesn't really matter.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17