• 5(current)
Release DMAX Italia video addon
I've made something, but I don't have time and will to keep it up to date, so I'm giving my code hoping you'll be able to keep it updated.
I hope it's good enough: I learnt how to make plugins and coded this plugin in just one evening, forgive my mistakes if there's any.

What's missing:
  • Settings
  • Cache
  • Multi-language
  • Better video metadata

I named the plugin plugin.video.dplay

icon.png

addon.py: http://pastebin.com/CZf3JbE6
addon.xml: http://pastebin.com/Y1EvG16Y

Some screenshots here.
Hello to all.
Any news? Do you know if there is a new addon for this channel?

Vector, How to run the addon py?
Xml that I put to use with livestream pro? Right?
Thank you
There's a way to have this DPlay addon in a .zip file? Thank you for your time! Very appreciated!
Wink 
Hello Vektor,
you really did a GREAT job, the plugin is fantastic!!

I have a question for you: I see that video quality is automatically set to 1080p.. Due to my slow connection, video goes often in pause for buffering.
I saw in dplay application (the official for android or ios) it is possible to choose video quality..

I tried to sniff packets from android application when I change video quality, but I'm not able to find anything to understand what parameter change video quality.. I'm a newbie in this.. do you have any idea?

It should be a nice feature for your plugin the option to set video quality..

thanks and regards
@Who wants to use this plugin:

Create a plugin.video.dplay folder in your userdata folder, then put inside the icon.png, addon.py and addon.xml files and you should see it in video addons.

@clamel
As I said, it's not my purpose to release and mantain such addon, I just wanted to help Gopher, but he hasn't even answered...
My advice is: use something like Charles Proxy, sniff http and https traffic and check both url query parameters and http headers.
(2015-10-09, 09:04)Vektor Wrote: @clamel
As I said, it's not my purpose to release and mantain such addon, I just wanted to help Gopher, but he hasn't even answered...
My advice is: use something like Charles Proxy, sniff http and https traffic and check both url query parameters and http headers.

Hello thank you very much for your hints... using Charles Proxy I found that stream quality is not selectable by API. The stream is in m3u8 format. This file contains all different resolution based on bandwith available. It adjusted my internet bandwith in System setting, and now I can receive stream at lower resolution, so I have not anymore pauses for buffering during playback.

Thank you very much for your work and your suggestion.. I hope this could be useful to others
[quote='Vektor' pid='2127655' dateline='1444374244']
@Who wants to use this plugin:

Create a plugin.video.dplay folder in your userdata folder, then put inside the icon.png, addon.py and addon.xml files and you should see it in video addons.

Hi
You mean directory profile inside add_data/ ?
I have created in add_data\plugin.video.dplay directory and I copy inside this 3 files but unfortunaly I can't see the dplay in add on video
Did I wrong something?
Thanks
Hi, today i try to install your fantastic dmax plugin and after a couple of tries i can suggest the process:
To install you must copy the plugin.video.dplay in "addons" folder (addons folder is under .kodi folder)
After i restar kodi and the plugin it's ready to use Big Grin

@Vektor:
I use you plugin to see "Affari a 4 ruote" (I love it!) and It works for a few episodes , for others the plugin fails (for example the first episode of the last series).
(2015-10-17, 10:27)Markom Wrote: You mean directory profile inside add_data/ ?
I have created in add_data\plugin.video.dplay directory and I copy inside this 3 files but unfortunaly I can't see the dplay in add on video
Did I wrong something?
Thanks

For OpenElec on Raspberry PI 1:

OpenELEC:~ # ls .kodi/addons/plugin.video.dplay/ -ltr
total 67
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 58671 Sep 24 22:16 icon.png
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7591 Sep 24 22:17 addon.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1020 Sep 24 22:18 addon.xml

I hope this can help you.
(2015-10-17, 14:39)Albertowue Wrote: Hi, today i try to install your fantastic dmax plugin and after a couple of tries i can suggest the process:
To install you must copy the plugin.video.dplay in "addons" folder (addons folder is under .kodi folder)

@Vektor:
I use you plugin to see "Affari a 4 ruote" (I love it!) and It works for a few episodes , for others the plugin fails (for example the first episode of the last series).

(2015-10-17, 16:51)patanegra Wrote:
Did I wrong something?
Thanks

total 67

I have appreciated your help and I solve my problem
Thank you
Hi guys,
I am really sorry for not getting back to you for so a long time.
This is the current situation; due to some changes in the Terms of Use and especially these points:

4. l’utente si impegni a non distribuire tramite alcun mezzo alcuna parte del sito Dplay inclusi, a titolo meramente esemplificativo, contenuti e Contributi dell’Utente senza la nostra previa autorizzazione scritta
5. l’utente si impegni a non alterare o modificare alcuna parte del sito Dplay o le tecnologie a esso affiliate
6. l’utente si impegni a non accedere ai Contributi dell’Utente o ai nostri contenuti attraverso qualsiasi tipo di tecnologia o mezzo diverso dall’interfaccia grafica per l’utente da noi fornita o da altri mezzi espressamente autorizzati che potremmo indicare

I will not provide any official plugin for Dplay.
I am really so sorry since I tried to get in touch several times with the Discovery Italia staff in order to get the authorization to develop this plugin without asking for any wage (basically for free), but I did not receive any feedback from them.
I also made me available to develop the plugin according to their own guidelines in order to provide a final plugin with all the requirements they needed (including generating statistics, implementing ads, etc., etc., for their own use)
It looks like, as usual, they do not get the opportunity to broaden their users base and to expand the set of technologies to which provide their contents.

Cheers,
Goph
(2015-10-29, 19:25)Gopher Wrote: Hi guys,
I am really sorry for not getting back to you for so a long time.
This is the current situation; due to some changes in the Terms of Use and especially these points:

4. l’utente si impegni a non distribuire tramite alcun mezzo alcuna parte del sito Dplay inclusi, a titolo meramente esemplificativo, contenuti e Contributi dell’Utente senza la nostra previa autorizzazione scritta
5. l’utente si impegni a non alterare o modificare alcuna parte del sito Dplay o le tecnologie a esso affiliate
6. l’utente si impegni a non accedere ai Contributi dell’Utente o ai nostri contenuti attraverso qualsiasi tipo di tecnologia o mezzo diverso dall’interfaccia grafica per l’utente da noi fornita o da altri mezzi espressamente autorizzati che potremmo indicare

I will not provide any official plugin for Dplay.
I am really so sorry since I tried to get in touch several times with the Discovery Italia staff in order to get the authorization to develop this plugin without asking for any wage (basically for free), but I did not receive any feedback from them.
I also made me available to develop the plugin according to their own guidelines in order to provide a final plugin with all the requirements they needed (including generating statistics, implementing ads, etc., etc., for their own use)
It looks like, as usual, they do not get the opportunity to broaden their users base and to expand the set of technologies to which provide their contents.

Cheers,
Goph
hi there,

in my humble opinion a dplay plug-in is not violating any of the 3 above mentioned rules:

#4 with such plugin you are not "distributing" content, you're "accessing" it.
#5 with such plugin you are not "altering" or "modifying" Dplay web site
#6 with such plugin you're accessing Dplay content on Dplay website, so the question is: what is a graphical interface when accessing a web site?

given the following http url:

http://it.dplay.com/api/v1/content/devic...%2Cpackage

which returns back a huge series of alphanumeric characters, what is the "graphical interface" I am required to use?

since I'm accessing it with a web browser and I'm capable to read it and understand its content, am I using the right graphical interface or I'm inadvertently violating the Terms of Use conditions?
(2015-10-09, 09:03)clamel Wrote: Hello Vektor,

I have a question for you: I see that video quality is automatically set to 1080p.. Due to my slow connection, video goes often in pause for buffering.
I saw in dplay application (the official for android or ios) it is possible to choose video quality..

I tried to sniff packets from android application when I change video quality, but I'm not able to find anything to understand what parameter change video quality.. I'm a newbie in this.. do you have any idea?

thanks and regards
hi clamel,

you can set an overall speed limit on internet connection in system properties and this affects also dplay plugin.

I've tested on my own: I've set a 2mbps speed limit and dplay now streams SD instead of HD.
(2015-10-18, 12:08)Markom Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 14:39)Albertowue Wrote: Hi, today i try to install your fantastic dmax plugin and after a couple of tries i can suggest the process:

@Vektor:

(2015-10-17, 16:51)patanegra Wrote:
Did I wrong something?
Thanks

total 67

I have appreciated your help and I solve my problem
Thank you

Hi
I have a problem
\\OPENELEC\Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.dplay
addon.py addon.xml icon.png

but no add on show in kodi.

reboot without success.
(2015-12-23, 13:51)fullspeed Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 09:03)clamel Wrote: Hello Vektor,

thanks and regards
hi clamel,

you can set an overall speed limit on internet connection in system properties and this affects also dplay plugin.

I've tested on my own: I've set a 2mbps speed limit and dplay now streams SD instead of HD.

Where do you set this?
Also, don't have any downside in other part of the system? (I have a full 5mbps)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DMAX Italia video addon3