• 188(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2015-10-04, 16:19)meridius Wrote:
(2015-10-01, 08:20)meridius Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 18:40)Kwart1001 Wrote: I would also like to know that. I did this instead:
1.Save and place for example this icon in:
"C:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags\acodec_pcm.png"
and name it acodec_pcm.png
2.Add 'pcm' as shown in the second picture:
watch gallery

Reboot Ember and it will pickup the audio metadata and also show the icon for the audio codec in the gui for the movie you (re)scaped.

Thanks will try it out this weekend. So does xbmc or kodi use lpcm or pcm for the info. ?

thanks I got it to work but you still have to manually set it to pcm as ember can not pick the right audio, when I do pick it myself it now displays the artwork for pcm in ember. is there a way to make ember pick the pcm when you scrape it ?.

The other problem I found was if you have 2 audio tracks and say the default first track is pcm audio and the 2nd audio track is the AC3 track, even kodi still picks the 2nd track for the info to be displayed which is wrong instead of the first audio track so you have to edit the nfo file to remove the ac3 track from the nfo file and save it to get it to see its pcm in xbmc/kodi

I don't think there is one skin out there that gets all the audio tracks and displays the info in kodi anyway so having just one audio track in the nfo prob does not matter so much.

would be good if this can be added to ember in the future for pcm tracks

First: That makes no sense:

You have adjusted to "pcm" is converted to "pcm" (same for "vc-1" in video codec)...

Let me explain how the mapping works (for this test i have removed all codec mappings):

Ember shows "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC" after scraping or metadata scanning

But if you want that is saved as "h264" (same like in Kodi), you have to add a new mapping in settings

After a metadata update, Ember now save the codec as "h264"

To support "pcm" as default, i need to know what Ember saves without a manually added mapping, also i need to know what Kodi saves as codec name in DB after first playing the media file.

Your other issue with "Kodi displayed wrong audio stream flag":
First: Kodi does not use the stream information obtained from the NFOs! Kodi does always scan the file with FFMPEG and save his own stream results.
Second: Kodi shows the stream informations of that stream, that have the same language you've set as Interface language. If more that one stream has your language, Kodi try to get the stream with "best quality" and shows that flags.
Quote:thanks I got it to work but you still have to manually set it to pcm as ember can not pick the right audio, when I do pick it myself it now displays the artwork for pcm in ember. is there a way to make ember pick the pcm when you scrape it ?.

The other problem I found was if you have 2 audio tracks and say the default first track is pcm audio and the 2nd audio track is the AC3 track, even kodi still picks the 2nd track for the info to be displayed which is wrong instead of the first audio track so you have to edit the nfo file to remove the ac3 track from the nfo file and save it to get it to see its pcm in xbmc/kodi

I don't think there is one skin out there that gets all the audio tracks and displays the info in kodi anyway so having just one audio track in the nfo prob does not matter so much.

Same for me, I also have to set pcm manually after the (re)scrape.
Same for me, if ember chooses the ac3 track I delete it directly in the meta data editor.
BTW I also have to choose vc-1 manually in the meta data editor even when mediainfo shows it after (re)scraping.
Dan,

I've noticed a problem (hopefully not a feature?) that is fully repeatable.

1. Scan movies.
2. Select a movie with no trailer.
3. Manually download the trailer from an outside source (i.e. not through EMM).
4. Put the trailer in the movie's folder, named per Kodi standards.
5. Edit the movie in EMM.
6. The trailer MP4 file is deleted. (actually deleted, as opposed to simply not being added to EMM).

I'm using 1.4.7.2, but have seen trailers disappearing with prior versions, only this time I decided to investigate further.

And while on the topic of trailers, is there a simple way to reload just one movie to add a trailer from an outside source? Currently if I add a trailer to a movie already in the EMM database, I have to move the movie folder to a folder not scanned by EMM, rescan so the movie is truly gone, then add the movie folder back to the folder EMM scans, this time with trailer included, and then rescan.

Cheers, Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-10-09, 15:22)Carl314 Wrote: Dan,

I've noticed a problem (hopefully not a feature?) that is fully repeatable.

1. Scan movies.
2. Select a movie with no trailer.
3. Manually download the trailer from an outside source (i.e. not through EMM).
4. Put the trailer in the movie's folder, named per Kodi standards.
5. Edit the movie in EMM.
6. The trailer MP4 file is deleted. (actually deleted, as opposed to simply not being added to EMM).

I'm using 1.4.7.2, but have seen trailers disappearing with prior versions, only this time I decided to investigate further.

And while on the topic of trailers, is there a simple way to reload just one movie to add a trailer from an outside source? Currently if I add a trailer to a movie already in the EMM database, I have to move the movie folder to a folder not scanned by EMM, rescan so the movie is truly gone, then add the movie folder back to the folder EMM scans, this time with trailer included, and then rescan.

Cheers, Carl.

The easiest way for new added content after adding a media to DB is to select the media in the list and press F5 (or using context menu => Reload). The "Reload" function do only scan the folder and search for all files (like if you add a new media to DB). While "Reload" Ember does not scrape or save anything, it only reads the NFO and search for all enabled content.
Another way is to reload all movies, moviesets or tv show with Tools => Reload All ***.

The reason why you've lost your trailer is the system how Ember try to hold your folders clean:
If Ember load a movie from database, all media (including trailers and themes) will be loaded into MemoryStream (RAM). If you remove e.g. an poster in "Edit Movie" dialog, the "Poster" field will be set to an empty value. If the value is empty while saving movie to database, all posters will be deleted that has a file name that match an enabled file name from "File Name" settings.
So if Ember does not have recognized your trailer before use "Edit Movie" dialog or scraping, the trailer field will be empty and Ember cleans up your folder from existing trailers.
FYI: PR6041 just merged in Kodi 16 (possibly a niche feature, but if you wanted to support it you'd just need to write the relevant tags into the tvshow.nfo).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Dan - thanks for that F5 trick - I never knew that existed.

Perhaps you could also put Reload on the context menu when right-clicking?
CoreELEC 9.03
(2015-10-09, 17:58)Carl314 Wrote: Dan - thanks for that F5 trick - I never knew that existed.

Perhaps you could also put Reload on the context menu when right-clicking?

It's already in the contextmenu (first position) and the short key for this is F5.
OK, now I feel foolish. Not sure how I missed that, thanks Dan.

Carl.
CoreELEC 9.03
(2015-10-05, 11:06)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 16:19)meridius Wrote:
(2015-10-01, 08:20)meridius Wrote: Thanks will try it out this weekend. So does xbmc or kodi use lpcm or pcm for the info. ?

thanks I got it to work but you still have to manually set it to pcm as ember can not pick the right audio, when I do pick it myself it now displays the artwork for pcm in ember. is there a way to make ember pick the pcm when you scrape it ?.

First: That makes no sense:

You have adjusted to "pcm" is converted to "pcm" (same for "vc-1" in video codec)...

Let me explain how the mapping works (for this test i have removed all codec mappings):

Ember shows "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC" after scraping or metadata scanning

But if you want that is saved as "h264" (same like in Kodi), you have to add a new mapping in settings

After a metadata update, Ember now save the codec as "h264"

To support "pcm" as default, i need to know what Ember saves without a manually added mapping, also i need to know what Kodi saves as codec name in DB after first playing the media file.

Your other issue with "Kodi displayed wrong audio stream flag":
First: Kodi does not use the stream information obtained from the NFOs! Kodi does always scan the file with FFMPEG and save his own stream results.
Second: Kodi shows the stream informations of that stream, that have the same language you've set as Interface language. If more that one stream has your language, Kodi try to get the stream with "best quality" and shows that flags.

Hi mate did some testing.

using kodi to scrape and save the nfo file

<audio>
<codec>pcm</codec>
<language>eng</language>
<channels>6</channels>
</audio>

embers info

<audio>
<bitrate>4608</bitrate>
<channels>6</channels>
<codec></codec>
<language>eng</language>
<longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
</audio>

using ember it can not get the info as the codec is blank but does get the language and channels. also when I add pcm to the mediainfo codec and mapped codec it still the same it can not get the codec info and leaves it blank

you say kodi does not scan the nfo file but scans the video for the codec info, well this is not true as if you have the nfo file in the folder and kodi scans that first and uses that info first and I know this because when I have the nfo file in the folder and change the codec in the nfo file to say mp3 from pcm and save it and re enter it into the kodi library it comes up as mp3 and not pcm. if kodi scanned the video first and not the nfo file it would not matter what the audio codec would be in the nfo file and still use pcm but it does not.

so kodi does scan the nfo file for the codec info first it only scans the video if there is no nfo file withing the folder.

so ember can not scrape pcm files for some reason

also did a pcm logo for ember if you want to use it as hopfully you can support pcm audio auto scrape tracks

Can you check your videofile directly using MediaInfo? If you can scan your movie with the standalone tool and send the XML view to me or post here, that would be great. Link to Tool: http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
I got a problem with scraping a foreign TV Show. It affects the Show Weinberg (301321) Link: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=301321&lid=14

Did I miss a option in Ember to activate foreign TV Shows?
(2015-10-10, 11:28)cd492 Wrote: I got a problem with scraping a foreign TV Show. It affects the Show Weinberg (301321) Link: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=301321&lid=14

And what is the problem?
(2015-10-09, 17:54)Milhouse Wrote: FYI: PR6041 just merged in Kodi 16 (possibly a niche feature, but if you wanted to support it you'd just need to write the relevant tags into the tvshow.nfo).

That's nice, but it lacks the most important again...

What's with season plot? Why not add it too?
In 1.4.8.0 Ember will support season informations in tvshow.nfo, but ALL informations, not only title:

Code:
<seasons>
    <seasondetails>
      <aired>2010-12-05</aired>
      <season>0</season>
      <title>Specials</title>
      <tvdb>137481</tvdb>
      <tmdb>3627</tmdb>
    </seasondetails>
    <seasondetails>
      <aired>2011-04-17</aired>
      <season>1</season>
      <title>Staffel 1</title>
      <plot>Die Serie beginnt zu einem Zeitpunkt, als ein neuer Machtkampf zu entbrennen droht. Die maßgeblich Beteiligten sind die mächtigen Adelsfamilien Stark, Lannister und Baratheon. Robert Baratheon fragt seinen alten Freund Eddard Stark, ob dieser ihm als sein oberster Berater dienen will. Eddard vermutet, dass sein Vorgänger Jon Arryn, der für Robert und ihn wie ein Ersatzvater war, ermordet worden ist. Es stellt sich heraus, dass das Haus Lannister, aus dem auch Roberts Ehefrau Cersei stammt, eigene Ziele hinsichtlich des Eisernen Throns verfolgt. Der Konflikt zwischen diesen Familien und den anderen einflussreichen Adelshäusern (wie den Graufreuds, Tullys, Arryns und Tyrells) führt schließlich zum Bürgerkrieg. Gleichzeitig erwacht im Norden, jenseits des gewaltigen Eiswalls, der die sieben Königreiche dort abschirmt, eine uralte und gefährliche Macht, von der aber während der Thronkämpfe im Süden kaum jemand Notiz nimmt. Jenseits des Meeres auf dem Kontinent Essos planen in der Zwischenzeit die letzten überlebenden Mitglieder der ehemaligen Königsfamilie Targaryen die Rückkehr nach Westeros, um den Thron zurückzugewinnen.</plot>
      <tvdb>364731</tvdb>
      <tmdb>3624</tmdb>
    </seasondetails>
    <seasondetails>
      <aired>2012-04-01</aired>
      <season>2</season>
      <title>Staffel 2</title>
      <plot>Im Reich tobt ein Bürgerkrieg zwischen Stannis und Renly Baratheon sowie dem neuen König Joffrey I. Baratheon, der außergewöhnlich tyrannisch herrscht. Unterstützung erhält Joffrey dabei vom Haus Lannister. Doch Stannis und Renly sind uneinig und streiten sich darum, wer der rechtmäßige Nachfolger ihres Bruders ist. Renly stützt sich auf die Sturmlande und auf das einflussreiche Haus Tyrell, während Stannis immer mehr der mysteriösen Melisandre Vertrauen schenkt. Der Norden hat sich unter Robb Stark für unabhängig erklärt und führt gegen die Lannisters in den Flusslanden und im Westen Krieg. Arya Stark ist auf der Flucht, ihre Schwester Sansa ist eine Geisel der Lannisters in Königsmund, wohingegen Jaime Lannister eine Geisel der Starks ist. Die neue amtierende Hand Tyrion Lannister versucht in Königsmund, die Lage unter Kontrolle zu halten, wobei er sich gegen seine intrigante Schwester Cersei durchsetzen muss. Auf den Eiseninseln plant in der Zwischenzeit Balon Graufreud, von den Thronkämpfen im Reich zu profitieren. Die Männer der Nachtwache unternehmen eine Expedition in das Land jenseits der Mauer, um die unklare Lage vor Ort zu untersuchen. Währenddessen kämpft Daenerys Targaryen auf dem Kontinent Essos um ihr Leben und das Bestehen ihrer Gefolgschaft. Ihr Ziel ist es, Westeros zu erreichen und mit Hilfe ihrer Drachen den Eisernen Thron zu gewinnen.</plot>
      <tvdb>473271</tvdb>
      <tmdb>3625</tmdb>
    </seasondetails>
  </seasons>
(2015-10-10, 13:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 11:28)cd492 Wrote: I got a problem with scraping a foreign TV Show. It affects the Show Weinberg (301321) Link: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=301321&lid=14

And what is the problem?

Ember doesn't find this TV Show.
(2015-10-10, 14:25)cd492 Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 13:10)DanCooper Wrote:

And what is the problem?

Ember doesn't find this TV Show.

Hmmm, maybe the reason is that TVDB has listed this show only with German language.
Please try to change the tv show language to german with Context Menu => Language => German => Set and try to rescrape it.
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8