• 11(current)
Release ESPN 3
yeah, i'm still around, maintaining this.

@glenb77, yeah, my python skills (and free time) are not good enough to tackle the authentication end of things.

sorry everyone. if there is someone out there that has more experience, I'll be more than welcome to submit any additions to the code.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
The NBC Sports Live Extra addon appears to use the same type authentication process and works well with a number of USA cable providers. Borrowing that code could be a start for someone.
(2015-10-10, 15:55)Chessie Wrote: The NBC Sports Live Extra addon appears to use the same type authentication process and works well with a number of USA cable providers. Borrowing that code could be a start for someone.

This is a good idea, and has been suggested before, but it requires valid credentials to test and implement. Unfortunately, my credentials will not work for this purpose.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Someone with the necessary knowhow needs to reverse engineer the WatchESPN app for iOS. There are some tutorials and stuff out there but yes it is not easy and very few may be capable of doing it for Kodi
(2015-10-10, 16:46)MetalChris Wrote: This is a good idea, and has been suggested before, but it requires valid credentials to test and implement. Unfortunately, my credentials will not work for this purpose.

The NBC Sports Live author requires someone to temporarily give him account access before he adds a new cable provider. I'm sure if we can get the code to that point, people that really want the add on to work will do the same. I certainly will for my cable provider and did so for the NBC developer.
(2015-10-10, 22:59)Chessie Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 16:46)MetalChris Wrote: This is a good idea, and has been suggested before, but it requires valid credentials to test and implement. Unfortunately, my credentials will not work for this purpose.

The NBC Sports Live author requires someone to temporarily give him account access before he adds a new cable provider. I'm sure if we can get the code to that point, people that really want the add on to work will do the same. I certainly will for my cable provider and did so for the NBC developer.

i don't understand i have added the nbc app and have access thru time warner. so who should i send my credentials to help them develop this espn plugin ?
Hi all,

I am having issues with the add-on. I've downloaded the repo and when I go to click a link, it starts to load and then stops. I am trying to use this to watch some Euro qualifiers today. I have an m8 box.
(2015-10-13, 15:28)StuH Wrote: Hi all,

I am having issues with the add-on. I've downloaded the repo and when I go to click a link, it starts to load and then stops. I am trying to use this to watch some Euro qualifiers today. I have an m8 box.

can you post a log?
(2015-10-13, 15:49)locomot1f Wrote:

can you post a log?

http://xbmclogs.com/p6waeldmo#
(2015-10-13, 16:06)StuH Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 15:49)locomot1f Wrote:

can you post a log?

http://xbmclogs.com/p6waeldmo#

i don't see any reference to espn_3 -- other than it being installed.
try to run the addon, and then get the log to post it.
Getting a strange issue when viewing the Oregon - Washington College FB game right now (looks like a HLS stream).

It plays fine initially, but when it goes to a commercial break the video gets very stuttery/slow motion. When it comes back from commercial break, there is no audio, and the stuttery video remains. Restarting the stream gets it to work properly again.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=tk9SytJ3
I reported this issue a few weeks back. Happens to me in 15 but not 14.
yes. i'm aware of this.

it's the way I pull the stream.
i'm not experienced enough to figure out how to code in python for the m3u playlist to adjust for the bitrates.

so, when the stream hits a "bump" and should be adjusting, it "chokes" on it. and you get the stuttering.
I've found that a quick pause/play helps relieve this -- sometimes. :-(

i'm not a professional coder. i know just enough to be dangerous.
So when I am at school on their wifi everything works great on my phone, tablet, and laptop, as soon as I get home... smil url missing error. I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm using centurylink at home. It is really irritating.
(2015-10-21, 06:30)appalachianspirit Wrote: So when I am at school on their wifi everything works great on my phone, tablet, and laptop, as soon as I get home... smil url missing error. I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm using centurylink at home. It is really irritating.

what ISP does your school use?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32