• 48(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Hi,

I currently use this add on to select shows from a playlist, for example I have one playlist called #LTV - Animation, that has various Animation shows, and one called #LTV - Regular that has all my shows that i watch each week.

I use Lazy TV to select shows from a list. All works fine, the list of next episodes is created.

Once I watch a show, I get returned to the Lazy TV list, but there are no shows to select, just blank boxes. If i come out of it altogether and re load its fine.

Any ideas ?

Thx
Hi

New poster, long time lurker. Just recently installed this addon and it's great. One request - how difficult would it be to implement a day-check? For example, if I watch a particular show(s) on a certain day, it would be good to have a kind of "today's telly" option. Possible?

Thanks for great utility

Spud
Hello, wanted to say thank you very much for this add-on, I had envisioned this years back as a feature for then XBMC, and when I found you had made this I was quite pleased, so thank you Smile

I must say I have one suggestion, be it minor, but it annoys my OCD, when LazyTV prompt shows up after playing an episode and asks if you want to play the next one in the series, the don't play button says "Dont play"

The missing apostrophe irks me lol. I'd love if you could fix that, but know this is a very nit picky request, so don't be offended.

I really appreciate your work in this add-on, thank you again.
(2015-10-12, 02:16)Ubel Wrote: ...
I must say I have one suggestion, be it minor, but it annoys my OCD, when LazyTV prompt shows up after playing an episode and asks if you want to play the next one in the series, the don't play button says "Dont play"

The missing apostrophe irks me lol. I'd love if you could fix that, but know this is a very nit picky request, so don't be offended.

Hi, not sure if you know how to get to your addon location, but if you can, just edit the script.lazytv/resources/language/<LANGUAGE IN USE>/strings.po file and change it. The text that irks you is around line 266. Good Luck
(2015-10-15, 22:00)spud_of_the_sofa Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 02:16)Ubel Wrote: ...

Hi, not sure if you know how to get to your addon location, but if you can, just edit the script.lazytv/resources/language/<LANGUAGE IN USE>/strings.po file and change it. The text that irks you is around line 266. Good Luck

Thanks a lot for your time and assistance, truly!

I honestly wondered before posting here if it could be edited by the user but I assumed it wasn't in such a readily accessible file, that's my lack of programming knowledge.

I should have known to investigate the userdata folder, even if I had I probably wouldn't have opened the strings.po in a text editor, again my lack of knowledge. If it was an XML I would have lol.
In follow up to my post here is the image i get

Any Ideas ?

Other than that fab add-on. Dont know what id do without it Smile[/php]
(2015-09-30, 04:58)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I have experienced some instabilities in KODI when using this addon and the new CinemaVision addon. The problem is that after using CV, CV would no longer restart and KODI would tend to lock up if I tried to restart it. After presenting the issue to that thread, the dev suggested I disable LazyTV after looking at my debug log, and doing so fixed the problem. LazyTV is generating some errors it seems; can you take a look? http://goo.gl/7F9gtC

thx

hi,

still seeing quite a bit of lazy tv errors in my logs that seem to be generating some instabilities. the above log has expired, but basically it is the same type of error being thrown, even when not using lazytv:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('tvshowid',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/leejk/.kodi/addons/script.lazytv/service.py", line 357, in onPlayBackStopped
pre_showid = Main.nextprompt_info['tvshowid']
KeyError: ('tvshowid',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can help with figure out this error I am having with lazytv. I am running a raspberry pi 2 with OSMC. I try to click on the lazytv app and it tells there was an error look at the log.
Code:
16:53:40 401.569489 T:1543500832  
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
-->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

Error Contents: ('files',)

File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.lazytv/default.py", line 1326, in <module>

main_entry()

File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.lazytv/default.py", line 1170, in main_entry

selected_pl = playlist_selection_window()

File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.lazytv/default.py", line 159, in playlist_selection_window

playlist_files = json_query(plf, True)['files']

KeyError: ('files',)

-->End of Python script error

I have no experience with python not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also getting this every time playback stops

Code:
17:38:15 T:6756   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: ('tvshowid',)
                                              File "C:\Users\KompLeX\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.lazytv\service.py", line 357, in onPlayBackStopped
                                                pre_showid  = Main.nextprompt_info['tvshowid']
                                            KeyError: ('tvshowid',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I been using Lazy Tv for some time now and loved it. But in past few weeks it suddenly started to act up. I notice on Home screen in the widget after I add all my shows the widget now only shows one of tthe shows and it also shows all of the epsiodes of that one show. I can add say 4 shows but it only seems to pick one. Haave tried to correct this but nothing changes. I think others have been having similar issue. Doesnt seem to matter what skin or Build I use, always the same. Any idea what might of caused this. Am using Kodi 15.1.1
Thanks
Terry
@Karnagious: Is it possible when LazyTV starts a random movie that it will follow movie sets?
That way when I have an unwatched movie trilogie it would randomly select the second movie that it would play the first of the set.
All of a sudden, a prompt to play the next episode has started to show up even though i have this turned off in the settings. Does anyone else have this problem?
Not sure if this has been requested yet, but just in case, here's my idea... Add icon selection option for LazyTV clones.

I create "Channels" or "TV stations" and then place them under my favorites. For example, my documentaries are manually selected under "Discovery" or "Discovery Kids" (to give my family the feel of actual TV Stations) and my Scifi/Fantasy/ComicBook & similarly geeky genres are under "Bazinga"... then I also have stuff like "DisneyTV", "History", "Survival", "Toons" & "TV-Land."

Each one has a unique .png icon that I manually place in the addon folder before Kodi recognizes the original LazyTV icon. (Before restarting Kodi)

When updates happen, it gets replaced by the original again, and I have to dig deep to find the cached copy that Kodi makes, replace that, as well as replace the original in the actual addon folder.

Would be nice if I could select the file to use from a menu, and additionally if it wouldn't delete my icon when LazyTV updates.
After updates, my LazyTV clones won't keep any Show List edits I make. Help!!
Hi,

Still seeing the same lazytv script errors that I reported a few weeks ago... it's working yes, but with the amount of errors in the log I can't help but wonder if it's making Kodi unstable. Any hope to get these addressed?

Here is the crash log: http://goo.gl/OBx3rm

thx
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4