• 119(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-14, 12:54)spencerjford Wrote: sometimes it's still worth running the updater. and making sure you have the proper drivers installed.

The auto install drivers are not always feature complete, I suggest you go to the website of whatever graphics your computer has and get the most recent.

Plus download directxwebupdate (i think that's what is,) these two steps may solve it.

I tried installing directxwebupdate and the latest NVidia driver, but this didn't help.
I have figured out that I can avoid THIS problem with several changes in madVR settings:
In section rendering/general settings,for example, "enable windowed overlay", "use Direct3D 11 for presentation" or "use separate device for presentation", each of them makes this error not coming up anymore. But with any of these workarounds, the controls are not displayed anymore on the beamer (on the PC monitor and on the TV (both connected via DVI), everything works well, though).

Btw, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Break to create a madVR freeze report, where can I find this report then?

Another addition: When I set the beamer to "Primary Display" in Windows, I get the controls back and everything works fine; unfortunately I obviously cannot use this work around in the long term. This is so odd.
There is also a message popping up on the top left of the screen when I start a video on the primary display saying "the installed XySubFilter version is outdated" - this message is likewise not visible on the beamer. I am using svp for frame interpolation, which generates a meassage about the frame rate, which is visible on all displays.
With the newest MadVR, MadVR reports that the internal xysubfilter is outdated.
(2015-10-14, 15:55)XTrojan Wrote: With the newest MadVR, MadVR reports that the internal xysubfilter is outdated.

i will include the new internal xysubfilter with the next release in the while you can replace the dll with this one

https://github.com/aracnoz/xy-VSFilter/r...44_x86.zip

<your path>\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer\XySubFilter\XySubFilter.dll

@for everyone

if you are experiencing high gpu load while pause there will be a new madVR with a workaround to fix the issue
(2015-10-13, 20:44)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 17:37)hu1kamania Wrote: Potential bug:

Missing the LAV Audio Filters internal option to set "Enable Audio Delay". When I load the LAV Audio interface through the DSplayer sub-menu in Kodi the "Enable Audio Delay" option will not save after hitting "apply", and "ok". If I set the option through the LAV Audio interface menu after I start a video the option stays put until I close out the video and start a new one.

I don't know where the options are saved to, or I would try to set the Audio Delay from the configuration file. With LAV + MPC-HC it's in the registry, but I could not find a corresponding option for DSPlayer.

Thanks!

Audio delays should not be set in LAV Audio. I believe Kodi's internal audio delay will override this value. The best way to set a fixed audio delay is via advancedsettings.xml as described in this post: 2033893 (post).

Thanks! It's an interesting phenomena, and I'm surprised Reclock doesn't fix the issue. I haven't had time to fully test it, but I believe this work around did the trick. An option to set this from within Kodi would still be ideal.
(2015-10-14, 19:15)hu1kamania Wrote:

Missing the LAV Audio Filters internal option to set "Enable Audio Delay". When I load the LAV Audio interface through the DSplayer sub-menu in Kodi the "Enable Audio Delay" option will not save after hitting "apply", and "ok". If I set the option through the LAV Audio interface menu after I start a video the option stays put until I close out the video and start a new one.

I don't know where the options are saved to, or I would try to set the Audio Delay from the configuration file. With LAV + MPC-HC it's in the registry, but I could not find a corresponding option for DSPlayer.

Thanks!

Audio delays should not be set in LAV Audio. I believe Kodi's internal audio delay will override this value. The best way to set a fixed audio delay is via advancedsettings.xml as described in this post: 2033893 (post).

Thanks! It's an interesting phenomena, and I'm surprised Reclock doesn't fix the issue. I haven't had time to fully test it, but I believe this work around did the trick. An option to set this from within Kodi would still be ideal.

ReClock fixes the sync between the audio and video clocks. But 24p audio delay is caused by something else. There is an entire thread dedicated to this topic and the cause remains unclear.

Thanks!

+1 on this
(2015-09-15, 23:00)Wanilton Wrote: I have SVP and MADvr working fine MPC-HC, in Kodi, using Internal filters and set External FFdshow Raw, filters work ok when playing, how I active smooth option, SVP is not working for me when using Kodi, I have message waiting for ffdshow video. when playing SVP enter in pause. Any tip how I fix...

Thanks

What did you do to resolve this issue? I'm running into the same thing, using SVP 3.1.7, and Kodi DSplayer RC3.
(2015-10-14, 23:29)Plutotype Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 20:44)Warner306 Wrote: Audio delays should not be set in LAV Audio. I believe Kodi's internal audio delay will override this value. The best way to set a fixed audio delay is via advancedsettings.xml as described in this post: 2033893 (post).

+1 on this
I'm not sure I follow. There is an option from within Kodi, unless you mean not in advancedsettings.xml. Which, if I had to bet, is not gonna happen, as devs have been very clear in wanting to streamline settings as much as possible.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
In general, the size and color of the graphics card how to set it? I have these default values in Display -> Change resolution.

Desktop 32-bit color depth =

Intensity of color 'output = 8 bpc - or (12 bpc)

Color format of 'output = RGB - or (YCbCr422 / YCbCr444)

Dynamic range of the output = Limited - or (Maximum)
(2015-10-15, 12:03)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 23:29)Plutotype Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 19:15)hu1kamania Wrote: Thanks! It's an interesting phenomena, and I'm surprised Reclock doesn't fix the issue. I haven't had time to fully test it, but I believe this work around did the trick. An option to set this from within Kodi would still be ideal.
+1 on this
I'm not sure I follow. There is an option from within Kodi, unless you mean not in advancedsettings.xml. Which, if I had to bet, is not gonna happen, as devs have been very clear in wanting to streamline settings as much as possible.

I don't believe an option from within the Kodi interface is as senseless as you might suggest. For example, the developers of LAV found it prudent to include in an accessible manner. The method of adjusting audio delay via advancedsettings.xml is archaic for a scenario that is not uncommon.

Nailing down the cause of the delay, and implementing a fix would be the ideal solution. However if it varies from user to user, and indeed frame rate to frame rate, then individual adjustment will still be required.
(2015-10-15, 15:13)gotham_x Wrote: In general, the size and color of the graphics card how to set it? I have these default values in Display -> Change resolution.

- 32-bit color depth
- 8 bpc
- RGB Limited

Several configurations are possible. The following is taken from the guide:

RGB Output Levels

Proper RGB output levels are necessary when passing from PC to TV color spaces. When sending video via HDMI to a TV, the most straightforward color space is set as follows (Note: LAV Video RGB settings do not apply):

(madVR) PC levels (0-255) -> (GPU) Limited Range RGB 16-235 -> (TV) Output as RGB 16-235

madVR expands the source 16-235 signal to full range RGB leaving the conversion back to 16-235 to the graphics card. Expanding the source prevents the GPU from clipping the image during conversion to 16-235.

If your HTPC is a dedicated Kodi machine, an alternative approach is possible.

Alternative Color Space Configuration:

(madVR) TV levels (16-235) -> (Kodi) Use limited color range (16-235) -> (GPU) Full Range RGB 0-255 -> (TV) Output as RGB 16-235

In this configuration, the signal remains 16-235 until it reaches the TV avoiding any conversion by the GPU. This is the most pure path, which preserves the original levels and minimizes added dithering. However, other computer applications will appear over-saturated as a result unless they are also configured to use 16-235 levels. Kodi must be configured under System -> Video output to use a limited color range to match madVR.

A final option involves setting your TV to output RGB 0-255 and leaving all settings at full range. madVR expands the source to 0-255 and displays it full range on your television. The TV must first be calibrated while set to full range RGB (e.g. PC mode). The result can vary depending on how well your TV displays whiter-than-white and blacker-than-black values. This may be the optimal setting for TVs with a dedicated PC mode and reduces the chance of added banding when the GPU must convert to a limited range.

PC Color Space Configuration:

(madVR) PC levels (0-255) -> (GPU) Full Range RGB 0-255 -> (TV) Output as RGB 0-255

More information on TV vs PC color spaces here.

(2015-10-15, 15:13)gotham_x Wrote: In general, the size and color of the graphics card how to set it? I have these default values in Display -> Change resolution.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-displa...st37130802
(2015-10-15, 21:47)Warner306 Wrote:

- 32-bit color depth
- 8 bpc
- RGB Limited

Several configurations are possible. The following is taken from the guide:

RGB Output Levels

Proper RGB output levels are necessary when passing from PC to TV color spaces. When sending video via HDMI to a TV, in most cases, color spaces are set as follows (Note: LAV Video RGB settings do not apply):

(madVR) PC levels (0-255) -> (GPU) Limited Range RGB 16-235 -> (TV) Output as RGB 16-235

madVR expands the source 16-235 signal to full range RGB leaving the conversion back to 16-235 to the graphics card.

If your HTPC is a dedicated Kodi machine, an alternative approach is possible.

Alternative Color Space Configuration:

(madVR) TV levels (16-235) -> (Kodi) Use limited color range (16-235) -> (GPU) Full Range RGB 0-255 -> (TV) Output as RGB 16-235

In this configuration, the signal remains 16-235 until it reaches the TV avoiding any clipping by the GPU. This is the most pure path with the fewest color range conversions and least amount of added dithering. However, other computer applications will appear over-saturated as a result unless they are also configured to use 16-235 levels. Note: Kodi must be configured under System -> Video output to use a limited color range to match madVR.

A final option involves setting your TV to output RGB 0-255 and leaving all settings at full range. madVR expands the source to 0-255 and displays it full range on your television. The TV must first be calibrated while set to full range RGB. The result can vary depending on how well your TV displays whiter-than-white and blacker-than-black values.

PC Color Space Configuration:

(madVR) PC levels (0-255) -> (GPU) Full Range RGB 0-255 -> (TV) Output as RGB 0-255

More information on TV vs PC color spaces here.

Warner, you'll think, but read the guide, I, me personally I've spent many hours to learn as much as possible, I put into practice all three settings RGB output levels, the most powerful of the three to my eyes is the first the other two settings keep the gray with stripes and crushed blacks, to say this, I'm not a great expert in calibration tv / monitor, my current TV is a Sony KDL-46HX900, sincerely, I do not know if it exceeds classic BTB and WTW.
(2015-10-15, 22:46)Doom10 Wrote:

I think it is a mistake to feed the TV Full Range RGB unless it has been tested to show those levels accurately. Many TVs have a PC mode, but not all show whiter-than-white and blacker-than-black correctly. Some only offer Full Range RGB for calibration purposes but are meant to display Limited 16-235. So I disagree strongly with that post.

Regardless, I use the first option. The tradeoff involves adding extra dithering to the image, but I can't see any difference with my eyes. Also, other computer applications maintain correct levels. I don't feel like I'm cheating myself at all. Further, my TV isn't forced to use its PC mode, where the original 16-235 source is being upscaled for display by the TV.

This is from Reference Home Theatre:

Q: My TV supports Full mode, shouldn’t I use this?

A: No. TVs support Full to make them easier to calibrate. Most TVs will not display a black level below 16 because video content should never have it. By letting you see Black 15 or 14, it can make it easier to calibrate the display and get the black level correct. However, you really should not use this as your main setting as most displays are not designed to display levels below 16, and often introduce color tints when doing white levels past 240 or so. Additionally, if you restrict yourself to levels 16-235 you wind up with a brighter image with a better contrast ratio, as you can turn up the contrast level higher. Contrast Ratio is the thing your eye notices most, and so it will produce a more pleasing image.

Also, since any non-video game content will only use 16-235, these picture settings will work for all inputs and sources, not just a single source.
(2015-10-16, 00:08)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 22:46)Doom10 Wrote:

I think it is a mistake to feed the TV Full Range RGB unless it has been tested to show those levels accurately. Many TVs have a PC mode, but not all show whiter-than-white and blacker-than-black correctly. Some only offer Full Range RGB for calibration purposes but are meant to display Limited 16-235. So I disagree strongly with that post.

Regardless, I use the first option. The tradeoff involves adding extra dithering to the image, but I can't see any difference with my eyes. Also, other computer applications maintain correct levels. I don't feel like I'm cheating myself at all. Further, my TV isn't forced to use its PC mode, where the original 16-235 source is being upscaled for display by the TV.

madshi, madvr developer:

Quote:My recommendation is always to set configure your display so that it expects PC levels (full range). This has 2 important benefits: (1) Levels will be correct for everything, including games, photos, applications and video playback. (2) There should be no problem with image quality.

If your display can't do PC levels, or if you have good reasons for not using this solution, then you have 2 alternative solutions:

(a) Either set the GPU to limited range and madVR to PC levels. This means madVR will render to PC levels and the GPU will afterwards stretch the madVR output (and desktop, games, applications, photos etc) to limited range. Using this approach still has the benefit of having correct levels everywhere. But image quality might suffer because the GPU usually uses a rather bad stretching algorithm, which can introduce banding artifacts.

(b) Or set the GPU to fullrange and madVR to TV levels. This will result in good image quality (no artifacts) and correct levels for video playback. However, desktop, games, applications and photos will have wrong levels

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=16...ount=19433

nevcairiel, LAV filters developer:

Quote:madVR handles the input levels automatically, you don't need options or anything for them. You can override it on a per-file basis, but its only useful if madVR detects the wrong input level. The input level is defined by the file, not any setup in your display chain.

For the level settings, there is basically 3 combinations of settings:

(1) TV accepts PC/Full levels: Set madVR to PC/Full, set GPU to PC/Full - This is usually considered the better option, if your TV can do it.

(2) TV accepts only TV/Limited levels:
(a) Set GPU to PC/Full and set madVR to TV/Limited
(b) Set GPU to TV/Limited and set madVR to PC/Full
In the second case, both a and b have small drawbacks.
With (a), you get crushed black/white on the desktop, but everything is perfect in madVR.
With (b), you get proper colors everywhere, except that the GPU is doing the PC range -> TV range conversion, which may not be the highest quality and end up in banding.

NEVER set both madVR to TV/Limited AND GPU to TV/Limited, you get double range compression.

Because of these drawbacks with either a or b, its usually recommended to use (1) if your TV accepts it. Its only "downside" is that BTB/WTW are lost, but its arguable if those are even worth keeping. If you insist on WTW/BTB, the 2a setting is probably the next best for video quality, if you can live with crushed black/white on the Desktop.

However you set it up, the test patterns should only show 16-235 after calibration.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1678269
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47