• 39(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-10-16, 03:32)Rjsachse Wrote: Ok I have made some changes to the readme file but I have no idea how to use github (It's been 16 years since doing any programming)

You can fork my project on Github, make the changes and submit those changes to your fork.
After that you can create a pull request on Github:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...vice/pulls --> Create pull request
Press "compare across forks" in the above details.
Set head fork to your fork and press submit pull request.

That way your changes will be properly merged
(2015-10-16, 03:36)Rjsachse Wrote: Is there any way of changing the speed of random backgrounds

From the readme:

Note: the default interval for the backgrounds is set at 30 seconds. If you want to change this interval you can set a Skin String "SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay" with the number of seconds as value.

If you're using my Titan skin: the setting is in skin settings --> background settings
Marcel, check it out:
http://pastebin.com/zJEyad8c
While backup...
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-10-16, 12:33)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, check it out:
http://pastebin.com/zJEyad8c
While backup...

Latest git? I fixed that yesterday...
Not latest, I downloaded it when you commit: "version bump" as I asked...
Did your fix is after that commit ? If so, can you make another version bump ? 10x
(2015-10-16, 02:00)Rjsachse Wrote: 1. I can't see a issue with that. Smile

2. Can you mark a recording as a movie? Or if the word "movie" in the genre.

3. Lol you are right. I was looking at it and kept seeing the title as exact but you are right the "part" is missing thanks for that Smile.
Yer your idea could work. If not found exact go to closes match.

4. Thank you I will try it out. Thank Smile

I have improved things a bit:

1. There's now always an xml file generated with the details to be used as persistant cache, much faster than the old method of going through all folders. The checksum.txt file can be deleted as it is no longer used.

2. Improved the TMDB matching a bit; if movie is in the genre it will assume the type is movie and it will also take the best match if no exact match is found.

3. Download artwork for normal pvr guide entries is now disabled by default to not waste drive space.
(2015-10-16, 09:40)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 03:32)Rjsachse Wrote: Ok I have made some changes to the readme file but I have no idea how to use github (It's been 16 years since doing any programming)

You can fork my project on Github, make the changes and submit those changes to your fork.
After that you can create a pull request on Github:

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...vice/pulls --> Create pull request
Press "compare across forks" in the above details.
Set head fork to your fork and press submit pull request.

That way your changes will be properly merged

I thought it might be easier to ask here. Been trying to understand other websites. But you explain it simple. Thanks Smile

(2015-10-16, 09:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 03:36)Rjsachse Wrote: Is there any way of changing the speed of random backgrounds

From the readme:

Note: the default interval for the backgrounds is set at 30 seconds. If you want to change this interval you can set a Skin String "SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay" with the number of seconds as value.

If you're using my Titan skin: the setting is in skin settings --> background settings

Sorry missed that in readme. THANKS.

Will test latest updates when I can. Weekend here so time to spend with the family. Smile

P.S. Thought of heaps of features but not sure if it works with this addon script. Eg. Random art in a grid for background, visualization and maybe screen saver.
Can show concept design if wanted. Similar to WMC music playing background.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
(2015-10-16, 14:53)Rjsachse Wrote: Will test latest updates when I can. Weekend here so time to spend with the family. Smile

P.S. Thought of heaps of features but not sure if it works with this addon script. Eg. Random art in a grid for background, visualization and maybe screen saver.
Can show concept design if wanted. Similar to WMC music playing background.

OK, thanks in advance for your PR of the readme and testing the recent changes.

I'd love to see your concept design of the random art grid. I have Always loved that in MCE, even as the pictures screensaver btw
Like this

Background view like this with either poster, fanart, artist thumb or album thumb.

|
V
Wmc moves the background from top to bottom and left to right. Maybe just have images randomly changing.

|
V
(2015-10-16, 14:16)marcelveldt Wrote: I have improved things a bit:

1. There's now always an xml file generated with the details to be used as persistant cache, much faster than the old method of going through all folders. The checksum.txt file can be deleted as it is no longer used.

2. Improved the TMDB matching a bit; if movie is in the genre it will assume the type is movie and it will also take the best match if no exact match is found.

3. Download artwork for normal pvr guide entries is now disabled by default to not waste drive space.

1. Great idea!

2. Will try tomorrow.

3. Was thinking about a auto delete feature of images after a certain time with no recordings. To save on space.

Have you heard with jarvis you can have animation artwork as posters? So posters can be poster.gif with javis. Maybe backgrounds too.

Another idea. What about extralogo, extraposter, extrabanner ect.. for multiple artwork that randomly changes.

Or just pvr extrafanart and pvr extrathumb from fanart.tv

|
V
(2015-10-16, 15:15)Rjsachse Wrote: Like this

Background view like this with either poster, fanart, artist thumb or album thumb.

That can be done, but has to be done skin-side completely
Marcel in your free time, take a quick look in the shortcuts thread, maybe you will save the world once again. Tongue
(2015-10-16, 16:41)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 15:15)Rjsachse Wrote: Like this

That can be done, but has to be done skin-side completely

Was thinking that would be the case. Can you on the skinning side create screensaver. Thought it had to be a addon for kodi to use it. I only mentioned it here because of all your work with artwork.

Was thinking it would be good to have skinhelper.pvrbackground.grid ect...

P.S. I noticed you updated the readme already. Thanks for helping with github Smile

|
V
(2015-10-17, 00:46)Rjsachse Wrote: [quote='marcelveldt' pid='2135047' dateline='1445006516']
Was thinking that would be the case. Can you on the skinning side create screensaver. Thought it had to be a addon for kodi to use it. I only mentioned it here because of all your work with artwork.

Was thinking it would be good to have skinhelper.pvrbackground.grid ect...

For the screensaver, yes, you need to create a screensaver addon. Never done that before but can imagine it can also do a bit skinning stuff..

I was thinking about that grid background.. That might also be possible with just python code and the PIL module...
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18