• 112(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-10-16, 17:44)BubbleBobble Wrote: Are there hidden options or is there some kind of expert mode? I don't have 'Use Full HDMI modes for 3D' or 'auto framerates' kind of options.

Are you using a Milhouse build? Have you set setttings level to expert?
'Use Full HDMI modes for 3D' is in video/acceleration settings.
(2015-10-16, 18:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 17:44)BubbleBobble Wrote: Are there hidden options or is there some kind of expert mode? I don't have 'Use Full HDMI modes for 3D' or 'auto framerates' kind of options.

Are you using a Milhouse build? Have you set setttings level to expert?
'Use Full HDMI modes for 3D' is in video/acceleration settings.

I am using this build. 2133590 (post)

How do i set an expert level? EDIT: I found it. I am an idiot sorry
Don't feel bad... used Kodi for months when I first started and had no idea levels beyond standard even existed Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Later tonight i will try 2D and 3D as you asked in an earlier post. One the iso's will be 300 rise of an empire.

I will use these settings:
- 1080p/60
- 'sync playback to display'
- 'Support MVC video (full frame 3D)'
- 'Use Full HDMI modes for 3D'

Audio and the rest will be at default.

What to select for hardware acceleration? OMXPlayer or MMAL?

I am not on youtube as a poster so i won't be making a video like you did, but if you need some photos of my projector (for some feedback) than just state them.
OMX disabled, rest of your settings are good. For audio, under Audio output, disable 'Enable passthrough' option, and set 'Number of channels' to 5.1 or 7.1 (whatever you have). I think there's a decode 8-channel option there that should be enabled.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-16, 05:52)Milhouse Wrote: @Leopold/@doveman2: The libnfs developer has commented on issue #124 and is asking for a build of libnfs without compiler optimisations. I've uploaded debug-enabled build #1015x which has libnfs built using -O0 instead of -Os (ie. without optimisation). Could you both provide updated crashlogs with this build? Many thanks.

Will do, if I can get it to crash of course, it hasn't done so since the last time.
Any proggress about 3d frame sequential 120Hz? Confused
3D ISO stuttering worse for me (than what I demo'd in video on p.110) with build #1015.
My Family Room Theater
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1016: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.10 #1 Fri Oct 16 21:03:05 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 11 2015 16:21:59
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cdea693c2a4280e4855643dc7840392d915f19b8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151016210215-#1016-g3f21054 [Build #1016]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001743.346: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (3f210547, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e14bdb84, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Bump sqlite, install sqlite3 binary
  2. Bump ffmpeg 2.8.1
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • (wetek_play) platform_init: Use 1080p virtual size in 720p mode (eda2b9b0)
    • (wetek_play) platform_init: Assume SMP uses shared cpufreq policy for all CPUs (8a26958a)
    • (wetek_play) update splash (e33754cf)
    • sqlite: update to sqlite-autoconf-3090000, install sqlite binary (3f210547)
  2. XBMC:
    • [gui] fix missing path param in CGUIDialog::Open() after 447ec5b (PR:8194, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • [guilib] add ability to visualize control hitrects (PR:8230, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Enable editing of userrating from the frontend (PR:8049, 3 commits, 25 files changed)
    • Fix tests after removal of atv2 See: #8181 (PR:8233, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Save last used eglConfig to m_eglConfig and reuse it wherever is possible (PR:8234, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:8234: Save last used eglConfig to m_eglConfig and reuse it wherever is possible (Reason: FM VP rebase required)
    • Updated: [env] compare: Kodi 16 updates
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
For me 3D is working out great. I had no stuttering whatsoever. Frame packing at 1080p/23.97 and it goes as smooth as my stand alone bluray players.

One time i had a out-of-sync but that sometimes happened on other sources as well so i don't dare to blame it on my Raspberry.

I have a problem with subtitles though. Every now and then the font is really large and shown half on the screen.

Picture quality is amazing! I can see no difference between my pricey Oppo 93 Cool
Damn, seems like the RPi has fried another of my USB sticks. All the Windows tools I've tried to scan it just report the blocks are unreadable and can't reformat it.

This is the second stick that's died in my RPi's. The first had more use as I was using it for the /storage partition but this one I've barely used, as I only had it to record TV programmes onto and tvheadend isn't working for me most of the time. I haven't had any of my other sticks that I only use with PCs die, even though they're much older.

Oh well, I haven't got any need to use one with the RPi at the moment. If I ever get tvheadend working reliably, I'll have to look at recording to the SD card or a shared folder on my PC, although I'd rather avoid having to have the PC on when recording.
The Wetek splash screen is so much nicer, can we get a nicer one for the RP1/2 too?
I had to reformat my SD to install debug #1015x so backed up .kodi first. After installing it manually, I booted and went through the initial setup, then copied my backup files back to the SD.

Now I can't access tvheadend through the browser interface on http://192.168.1.85:9981/ at all. I've made sure only tvheadend backend and client are enabled and rebooted but it just says page not found. http://192.168.1.85/ opens the Kodi interface, so the address is right. dmesg shows the tuner is recognised and initialised.

http://pastebin.com/cG7hmLMD
Doesn't tvheadend have it's own log? Is tvheadend listening on port 9981? Does tvheadend work with #1015 (the only difference between the two builds should be the way libnfs is compiled)?

There is a new tvheadend in the addons folder http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/addons/
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-10-17, 01:23)OurJermain Wrote: The Wetek splash screen is so much nicer, can we get a nicer one for the RP1/2 too?

Hard to find fault with something I rarely ever see, but this should be discussed separately in a new thread here or on the OE forum as the splash we use in these builds is unchanged from official releases.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10