• 25(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
(2015-10-14, 03:22)MartijnGP Wrote: This looks very promising Smile I've been browsing the features and this looks to me like it'd be great to combine it with my home domotics system.

Also, a programmer myself, I can't even begin to think how hard it'd be to write a skinning engine inside a skinning engine. Good luck on smashing bugs, lots of respect for what you've already accomplished Smile
Thanks for the kind words Smile
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Hello,

it seems gif images can't be chosen as background images, am I wrong?

edit: actually it does, somehow I was missing giflib on my system, I fixed it and now I can enjoy cinemagraphs as background.
Yeah cinemagraph cases are awesome, just a shame they are in limited supply and I have the artistic ability of a dead monkey so can't make my own
(2015-10-15, 00:05)kyungrak Wrote: Hello,

it seems gif images can't be chosen as background images, am I wrong?

edit: actually it does, somehow I was missing giflib on my system, I fixed it and now I can enjoy cinemagraphs as background.
Interresting Smile Never took a look at this but will ...

I know it's a long wait but I decided to rewrite all the settings windows as fullscreen because it's now complicated to make them to react to the new Home layout. I tried to get a matching design and started with the designer, since it's the most complicated window.

Here's the new Designer Wink

I'm tracking bugs the same time and have some more windows to rebuild so next release will be a BETA.
Thanks for your patience.

Looks pretty cool, looking forward to testing this. I think I gonna have to change my old htpc to a new more powerful one. Between this awesome skin and cinemagraphs, my old ion2 system isn't up to the task anymore.
(2015-10-17, 16:15)kyungrak Wrote: Looks pretty cool, looking forward to testing this. I think I gonna have to change my old htpc to a new more powerful one. Between this awesome skin and cinemagraphs, my old ion2 system isn't up to the task anymore.
Sadly, this is the downside of KOver. It uses a so huge number of variables, strings and condition test that building viewtypes in realtime needs some power. There's not much I can do for that while it's not possible to use variables in positioning or sizing tags.

Wow, you have been busy.

Looking fantastic!
(2015-10-17, 16:45)Saner Wrote: Wow, you have been busy.

Looking fantastic!
Thanks, yes, it was not easy to get it look less "massive" because of the amount of settings. Rewritten it 5 or 6 times and included some settings infos. Hope this will be more easy to use for beginners. However it's a big change for habituated users, also for myself, but it's also more 'clear'.

The Mimic skin has the ability for the user to select from poster, landscape or square icons when choosing a widget. This is very useful and something you may want to implement.
(2015-10-25, 16:56)Hypnagogic Wrote: The Mimic skin has the ability for the user to select from poster, landscape or square icons when choosing a widget. This is very useful and something you may want to implement.
This is already implemented in upcoming BETA. Widget lists will be selectable as library ones are. That means fixed list, wide list, poster, tile, fanart, banner ... and later expandable through item/focused layout user custom code.

Nice! Big Grin

I'm so excited for this skin. It's an amazing technical achievement.
Ok, some news. I switched the new version of KOver this week-end to my TV for testing before pushing it to git. That means it's almost done. Settings windows are now all revamped, home customization works and navigation is almost cleared. Noticed fixes have to be made on infolabels not matching some configs and need to rebuild the "first start" parameters. Also I have to activate back one setting for submenu config which makes navigation confusing in special cases (and can't be handle by my actual autosetting). I have good hopes to publish it soon and really need to reach the end of this to calm down. Keep in touch.

Sounds really great. Seems you rebuilded the whole skin another time. Looking forward to trying it out. But no hurry - I am currently on vacation anyway :-)
Yay Big Grin can't wait
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18